April 16, 2014 | 1975 users online

Toners - Drugstore Rose water

image 0image 1image 2

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2014 11:41:00 PM More reviews by mmherman

I use the Heritage Rosewater in a spray bottle. I have always loved the smell but really never had a use for it. I put it in kaolin masks when I would mix them up myself, but never really thought it was doing anything. If anything I thought it was aggrevating my skin for the longest time. Turns out it wasn't though.

One super lazy day I decided I didn't want to wash my face so I used some clean cotton balls and squirted some rosewater onto them and wiped my face off with them. It felt nice and clean and I just put my moisturizer and makeup on as normal.

See the thing is I think it actually ended up helping my acne. I'm not acne free, but for months I was on minocycline and then I ran out. My face was pretty clear for awhile, but then the acne would pop back up, but I think the rosewater in the morning combined with not putting moisturizer on at time....my face has been relatively free. I still have painful breakouts not and again, but nothing like before.

Am I saying I will never go back on minocycline....no, but I'm saying this is helping me and has been helping me for over four months without it. And I like that. I don't mind taking an antibiotic for a bit if it means I have nice skin and can feel a little more confident, but I also, like not taking it if I can.

I am also addicted to the smell. I adore the smell of rosewater and it is a wonderful way to start the day! Very refreshing and lovely. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Ccwhateva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought some of the heritage store rose water from whole foods for about $3. It was totally worth the price considering ive never tried it before. The smell does seem a little "cheap" but the ingredients listed are literally 2 things: (in layman's terms) rose oil and water (that has been vortexed-whatever that means--I've added the picture) but it doesn't contain any extra ingredients or added perfumes. I have acne that's slowly clearing up and have been using this for only 4 days now. Any marks I've had have significantly lightened and nothing new has popped up whatsoever.im very impressed by something so cheap and simple! I don't see how it could even make your skin worse. I spray it on my face in the morning, lunch and before bed. Spraying each cheek with two pumps and the forehead with two pumps. Nothing to complain about yet! I like what it's doing! I really think it helps fade and reduce redness/inflammation

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 11:47:00 PM More reviews by JessieAnneH

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hi friends
This stuff is like a tranquilizer I am so hyped up sometimes (stressed) and then i whip this sucker out and mist it all over my face. I am so addicted i carry it with me, and spray it in secrecy. It calms the skin, as well as ultra gentle. It also helps irritated and inflamed skin. I recommend this antidote for every one! It is super healthy and there is no harm in trying it out. Trust me pretty soon you too are going to be misting yourself in secrecy.

Namaste.

xoxo,
J

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2013 2:08:00 PM More reviews by clp0930

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I mix it with black tea in a spray bottle. It makes my hair look shiny and silky, its great for frizz.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 1:34:00 AM More reviews by melangerehab

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have switched from a harsh and chemical skincare regimen to a more natural one - honey to cleanse, rosewater to tone, and I'm experimenting with oils for moisturizers, though I'm using my leftover Neutrogena when I'm being lazy.

My skin has never looked this good. Except for my god awful hormonal pimples that come once a month, my acne is gone. Rosewater smells nice and my skin is less oily. I wish I had started using this sooner.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 10:13:00 PM More reviews by Mariezy

I love this.

I'm terrible at keeping up with a regime, so I've been using rose water on and off for about a year now. The smell is amazingly refreshing, and it's totally versatile.

Currently I'm mixing it with witch hazel for a toner, but I've used it as a spray, a toner by itself, as well as a face mask (soak rose water in a sheet mask, enjoy).

It's great that it makes you feel immediately more refreshed and ready to take on the world :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by silverslytherin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I am so glad I found rose water! My acne cleared up very quickly after I started using rose water, and yet my skin remains supple, smooth, and radiant. I pour the rose water into a spray bottle from Muji and spray it onto my face 3 - 4 times a day. Rose water works like miracle water for a variety of functions: toner, moisturizer, face mist, body mist, etc. It is very cheap too - about $5 for 120mL at Watsons. I am amazed that such a cheap, organic solution outshines all the other expensive skincare brands I have used before e.g. Shu Uemura, Shiseido, Clarins, Clinique. Definitely HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 10:42:00 PM More reviews by LaFemmNoir

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Buy this at Indian markets. Or Iranian food markets. Whatever. Rosewater is frequently used in recipes in the middle East and Indian subcontinent. The rosewater you buy from these stores is SO MUCH CHEAPER than buying it at Target or a beauty store. And what you buy will be guaranteed food grade, so no synthetic rose oil. I won't say it is miraculous but it smells a lot nicer than regular water and I don't have to worry about mineral deposits like I do with tap.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 3:23:00 PM More reviews by ksa12345

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I will forever use this as my toner! I use after ocm it smells lush and only costs me 97p a bottle! It's great.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2012 1:17:00 AM More reviews by Lindt

Rose water is definitely a natural product that does wonders to the skin. I try to avoid products that have too many chemical ingredients and rose water is pretty much a must have in skin care for me. I combine Heritage rose water and Earthwise witch hazel to make a toner, it's the only thing that keeps pimples away! I have tried Thayer's version however it just doesn't compare to homemade version.
What I love about it is that it's natural, smells great, and just seems to make my skin glow.

It's pretty easy to find in health stores or organic shops.