October 2, 2014 | 938 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by luusk1125

The active sunscreen ingredient is Titanim dioxide which a mineral base sunscreen that reflects the suns rays unlike chemical base sunscreens. Chemical sunscreens absorb the suns ray and causes a chemical reaction to prevent the harmful ray to pentrated only th 1st layer of skin/epidermis.Titanim dioxide is good but can leave a white cast and clog pores and hard to remove. This sunscreen is really water and leaves the skin slight oily and leaves a white cast. Liquid sunscreen seem to be more on the oily side and contain silicons. This has a strong perfume sent that lingers. This is not good for sensitive skin or acne prone/oily that cannot use anything that contains silicon. This made me breakout and look really oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by mekwow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this beause Clarins is one of the best-reputed brands in the market that is also making a physical sunscreen. However, because it is hard to wash off, I will not be purchasing again. I feel like it leaves a mask behind on my face despite my double-cleansing (I use Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, which easily gets my makeup off but can't seem to get past this sunscreen). If you use a heavy duty cleanser, this shouldn't be an issue for you.

Pros
-Physical ss
-Nice packaging
-No parabens
-Smooths on well, white cast minimal on my NC40 skintone

Cons
-Highly fragranced
-Doesn't wash off well with a gentle cleanser
-Super pricey, considering how much sunscreen you're supposed to apply for it to be effective
-Contains only titanium dioxide, which some sources say doesn't protect against aging long-range UVA rays as well as zinc oxide does

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by fychen

This is the most expensive sunscreen that I have ever purchased! I have always loved milky formulas for sunscreens instead of heavy creams. And I used to use the ones that Shiseido made but I wanted to try something different. I have heard really good things about this product and I have to agree it is pretty awesome. It goes on my skin very smoothly. It doesn't make my face feel oily. I use this everyday and it has not broke me out at all. I would definitely recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by eek42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Makes me peel :(
Perfect in every way besides that. Need to find a physical sunscreen that doesn't cause such crazy dryness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like the texture of this sunscreen. This is comparable to other lightweight sunscreens that use chemical sun protection. I prefer this one because I do not like layering on chemical sunscreens and prefer physical blocker sunscreen. This has a fluid texture and blends into my skin well. This is a little bit fragranced for me, but I will still continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by bgfp9898

Really great sunscreen. Easy application. Not sticky or oily. I love the fact that it has a little bit of color to even out skin tone on no-makeup days. Will definitely purchase again although it's a bit pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by bumble

I loved this sunscreen the first day I wore it. Went on smooth, helped control oil. I was in love! But by the second day my face was peeling all over. And I do not have dry skin! I waited a few days and tried again to be sure it was this product causing it, and yup all the peeling came back. The high alcohol content is the likely culprit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this. I have rosacea and meds I take mean no sun (not a problem for me). The chemical sunscreens break me out horribly and irritate my skin. Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are gentle physical sun barriers. This is watery which I like a lot, better than those thick creams and only a little is needed. I like the tinted Light version because I then don't have to use a foundation, just some concealer. Of course, I moisturize first with avene rich optimale. If I need more coverage (for the redness) I add a few drops of CG smoothers foundation. Works like a charm. I look dewy rather than matte. Stays most of the day. Oh, I only use this on my face, the physical block creams are okay for the body.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Chinesegirl04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like it, It didnt make my face feel greasy.
I finish two bottles of it i thought i liked it. but then i change to aveeno. I didnt broke out like before when i am using the clarins sunscreen. Then i did a research on the titioum dioxide (active ingredients) it cloged pores.

But my sister love it. it didnt broke my sister out.
I will give it a chance back when i finish my aveeno moisterizer/sunscreen which didnt make me broke out much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Walko

This is a very light easily absorbed sunscreen that offers broad spectrum protection.Spf 40 Just what I wanted.Until I read the ingredients list.It's full of alcohol and it's highly fragranced.Alcohol at this level causes cell death, collagen breakdown and dryness.In other words it's a no goer.What's the point in protecting your skin against the sun( and this product does it well) only to ruin it with this amount of alcohol.There is no point. It's a shame because I really liked the texture of this, but I wouldn't entertain the fragrance either.Also remember that to get the spf ,this has to be applied liberally, so really this is going to be expensive. Skip this one would be my advice. It's not worth the damage it will do,or good value.

13 out of 19 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No