July 12, 2014 | 1247 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by fychen

This is the most expensive sunscreen that I have ever purchased! I have always loved milky formulas for sunscreens instead of heavy creams. And I used to use the ones that Shiseido made but I wanted to try something different. I have heard really good things about this product and I have to agree it is pretty awesome. It goes on my skin very smoothly. It doesn't make my face feel oily. I use this everyday and it has not broke me out at all. I would definitely recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by eek42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Makes me peel :(
Perfect in every way besides that. Need to find a physical sunscreen that doesn't cause such crazy dryness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like the texture of this sunscreen. This is comparable to other lightweight sunscreens that use chemical sun protection. I prefer this one because I do not like layering on chemical sunscreens and prefer physical blocker sunscreen. This has a fluid texture and blends into my skin well. This is a little bit fragranced for me, but I will still continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by bgfp9898

Really great sunscreen. Easy application. Not sticky or oily. I love the fact that it has a little bit of color to even out skin tone on no-makeup days. Will definitely purchase again although it's a bit pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by bumble

I loved this sunscreen the first day I wore it. Went on smooth, helped control oil. I was in love! But by the second day my face was peeling all over. And I do not have dry skin! I waited a few days and tried again to be sure it was this product causing it, and yup all the peeling came back. The high alcohol content is the likely culprit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this. I have rosacea and meds I take mean no sun (not a problem for me). The chemical sunscreens break me out horribly and irritate my skin. Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are gentle physical sun barriers. This is watery which I like a lot, better than those thick creams and only a little is needed. I like the tinted Light version because I then don't have to use a foundation, just some concealer. Of course, I moisturize first with avene rich optimale. If I need more coverage (for the redness) I add a few drops of CG smoothers foundation. Works like a charm. I look dewy rather than matte. Stays most of the day. Oh, I only use this on my face, the physical block creams are okay for the body.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Chinesegirl04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like it, It didnt make my face feel greasy.
I finish two bottles of it i thought i liked it. but then i change to aveeno. I didnt broke out like before when i am using the clarins sunscreen. Then i did a research on the titioum dioxide (active ingredients) it cloged pores.

But my sister love it. it didnt broke my sister out.
I will give it a chance back when i finish my aveeno moisterizer/sunscreen which didnt make me broke out much.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2014 11:55:00 AM More reviews by Walko

This is a very light easily absorbed sunscreen that offers broad spectrum protection.Spf 40 Just what I wanted.Until I read the ingredients list.It's full of alcohol and it's highly fragranced.Alcohol at this level causes cell death, collagen breakdown and dryness.In other words it's a no goer.What's the point in protecting your skin against the sun( and this product does it well) only to ruin it with this amount of alcohol.There is no point. It's a shame because I really liked the texture of this, but I wouldn't entertain the fragrance either.Also remember that to get the spf ,this has to be applied liberally, so really this is going to be expensive. Skip this one would be my advice. It's not worth the damage it will do,or good value.

11 out of 16 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had no idea lightweight sunscreens existed before buying this product! This is amazing, truly! Worth the money!

I have been wearing Neutrogena spf 100+ every day for the past 6 years (I freckle and burn a lot if I don't), and I'd grown accustomed to something rather heavy, oily, and thick. This was never a problem until I realized it was irritating my skin and causing redness. So I did some research for brands that carried around spf 50 that were also good for the skin. I almost tried Dermalogica before realizing the reviews weren't good enough to splurge on their suncare line. That's when I found Clarins :)

The texture is like water. It's light and runny when you put it in your hands. It melts into your skin when you pat it in. The smell is light and fresh. It absorbs quickly. And then you're done and you neither smell the typical sunblock smell nor feel like a grease-slick when you touch your face. So you get all the benefits of great sun protection with none of the negatives (except for the price, of course). I've recently become a Clarins convert and I am so in love with their products! They're supposedly all natural with all kinds of goodies for the skin (though I still need to double check that this is in fact accurate).

I never thought I'd spend $45 bucks on a small bottle of sunscreen, but I think this is worth the splurge, especially since what you wear underneath your makeup affects its application and longevity. Since I'd never go without sunscreen and I haven't found a sunblock in the $10-$20 range that sits well with my skin, I'd happily repurchase this sunscreen in the future.

**Also to note, on Clarins website they have quick video tutorials on how to apply their products properly. I've read in other reviews that the products don't always sit well when applied incorrectly, so that's worth a look.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2014 1:08:00 PM More reviews by savyy

This is the best mineral sunscreen I've tried. I've used this for a few years now. It's so light and blends nicely--it has a liquid consistency but dries soft matte. It doesn't make me dry or oily. I find it also makes my tinted moisturizer/foundation look better when this is underneath. I just don't like that it has fragrance but I love this for so many other reasons I'll put up with that.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No