October 24, 2014 | 1611 users online

Sunscreen - Clarins - UV PLUS Protective Day Screen SPF 40

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2014 11:44:00 PM More reviews by wenyuzhang88

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've since switched from this to the Chanel UV Essentiel, but while I was using this I was very satisfied with it and would put it on under my base makeup daily.

It has a runny texture that applies smoothly and thinly. Give it a minute to absorb and then apply your base makeup. I never had any reactions to this formula, though that's probably because my skin isn't very sensitive, knock on wood.

I always like to compare this with the aforementioned Chanel UV Essentiel. While both do a fairly great job, the Clarins one is the less expensive option and gives you more product at the same time.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2014 1:16:00 AM More reviews by luusk1125

The active sunscreen ingredient is Titanim dioxide which a mineral base sunscreen that reflects the suns rays unlike chemical base sunscreens. Chemical sunscreens absorb the suns ray and causes a chemical reaction to prevent the harmful ray to pentrated only th 1st layer of skin/epidermis.Titanim dioxide is good but can leave a white cast and clog pores and hard to remove. This sunscreen is really water and leaves the skin slight oily and leaves a white cast. Liquid sunscreen seem to be more on the oily side and contain silicons. This has a strong perfume sent that lingers. This is not good for sensitive skin or acne prone/oily that cannot use anything that contains silicon. This made me breakout and look really oily.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/15/2014 8:52:00 AM More reviews by mekwow

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I really wanted to love this beause Clarins is one of the best-reputed brands in the market that is also making a physical sunscreen. However, because it is hard to wash off, I will not be purchasing again. I feel like it leaves a mask behind on my face despite my double-cleansing (I use Purpose Gentle Cleansing Wash, which easily gets my makeup off but can't seem to get past this sunscreen). If you use a heavy duty cleanser, this shouldn't be an issue for you.

Pros
-Physical ss
-Nice packaging
-No parabens
-Smooths on well, white cast minimal on my NC40 skintone

Cons
-Highly fragranced
-Doesn't wash off well with a gentle cleanser
-Super pricey, considering how much sunscreen you're supposed to apply for it to be effective
-Contains only titanium dioxide, which some sources say doesn't protect against aging long-range UVA rays as well as zinc oxide does

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2014 5:10:00 PM More reviews by fychen

This is the most expensive sunscreen that I have ever purchased! I have always loved milky formulas for sunscreens instead of heavy creams. And I used to use the ones that Shiseido made but I wanted to try something different. I have heard really good things about this product and I have to agree it is pretty awesome. It goes on my skin very smoothly. It doesn't make my face feel oily. I use this everyday and it has not broke me out at all. I would definitely recommend this!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/23/2014 1:31:00 AM More reviews by eek42

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Makes me peel :(
Perfect in every way besides that. Need to find a physical sunscreen that doesn't cause such crazy dryness.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2014 11:10:00 PM More reviews by alina08

I like the texture of this sunscreen. This is comparable to other lightweight sunscreens that use chemical sun protection. I prefer this one because I do not like layering on chemical sunscreens and prefer physical blocker sunscreen. This has a fluid texture and blends into my skin well. This is a little bit fragranced for me, but I will still continue to use it.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/9/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by bgfp9898

Really great sunscreen. Easy application. Not sticky or oily. I love the fact that it has a little bit of color to even out skin tone on no-makeup days. Will definitely purchase again although it's a bit pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/27/2014 12:25:00 PM More reviews by bumble

I loved this sunscreen the first day I wore it. Went on smooth, helped control oil. I was in love! But by the second day my face was peeling all over. And I do not have dry skin! I waited a few days and tried again to be sure it was this product causing it, and yup all the peeling came back. The high alcohol content is the likely culprit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by onitacy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love love love this. I have rosacea and meds I take mean no sun (not a problem for me). The chemical sunscreens break me out horribly and irritate my skin. Titanium dioxide and zinc oxide are gentle physical sun barriers. This is watery which I like a lot, better than those thick creams and only a little is needed. I like the tinted Light version because I then don't have to use a foundation, just some concealer. Of course, I moisturize first with avene rich optimale. If I need more coverage (for the redness) I add a few drops of CG smoothers foundation. Works like a charm. I look dewy rather than matte. Stays most of the day. Oh, I only use this on my face, the physical block creams are okay for the body.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/17/2014 11:06:00 AM More reviews by Chinesegirl04

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like it, It didnt make my face feel greasy.
I finish two bottles of it i thought i liked it. but then i change to aveeno. I didnt broke out like before when i am using the clarins sunscreen. Then i did a research on the titioum dioxide (active ingredients) it cloged pores.

But my sister love it. it didnt broke my sister out.
I will give it a chance back when i finish my aveeno moisterizer/sunscreen which didnt make me broke out much.