December 19, 2014 | 1586 users online

Treatments (Face) - Yves Rocher - ADN Vegetal with Early Botanical DNA

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by kiki94x

I never used this product line, so I don't write a review but I would really like to give you guys some inside information. I work as a beauty advisor for Yves Rocher Netherlands and Belgium, and in Europe. You may have noticed, this is the MOST expensive line that they have, the highest rated line they have but they took the product off the shelves (at least, in Europe) and replaced it with something called Anti Age Global (which I have to sell and advise to people every day, so I know all the ins and outs and I have to tell the same story every day so many times I even have dreams about Anti Age Global...).

They pulled the line from the shelves because it was too expensive to produce. Every time they made a new batch of ADN Vegetal, they had to fully sterilize the laboratories, the people who make these product had to put on hazmat suits and they had to use very expensive equipment to work with the botanical extracts. because there is some type of botanical DNA involved in this line, which they had to extract from the flowers, and DNA extraction is a very, very expensive process.

I would advise everbody who loves these products to really stock up on some ADN Vegetal and I advise phone orders, since the beauty advisors often can give you very high discounts (you can get the second one for free, for example). The stores are really pricey: order on the internet or the phone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2008 8:57:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

A very good product. ADN Végétal is the most advanced line in Yves Rocher and may be a bit expensive... but it's worth the price!
Early Botanical DNA goes to work at the heart of skin cells for visible cellular rejuvenation and optimum anti-aging performance, promoting continuous rebirth of new cells. This one is a peculiar 28 days intensive treatment - that corresponds to the life cycle of a skin cell - comes in a very original packaging: 28 single capsules to be snap opened and applied to a clean face.
That’s quite clean and easy if you need to travel as you can bring with just the amount you need.
I have done this treatment at season’s change when my skin needed some boost against dullness… and I have to say it helped a lot!
This gel/cream emulsion is easily absorbed, leaving your skin very smooth, moisturized.
When you wake up in the morning, skin if more radiant and seems to have more energy... I liked it! I recommend it !
_________________
Key ingredients:

Grape Seed, Cashew Nut Tree, Macadamia nut, Lupin Peptide, Early Botanical DNA, Soy Protein, Wheat Protein, Reishi.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2005 2:12:00 PM More reviews by avocate

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I won this product in a magazine sweepstakes. I must say, the texture is really disconcerting. It's a heavy gel that you have to scrape out of the pod with a little spatula that they give you, and even after I applied it carefully it felt like it was sitting on my face like a mask. I also didn't see any kind of improvement in my skin after using it, although I'm still young enough that "anti-aging" isn't at the top of my skin care priorities. I also agree with the previous reviewer who mentioned how unnecessary the packaging was. The capsules should be packaged in a jar instead of the strips inside the big plastic box (the first thing I did when I got the stuff was to pop all of the capsules off of the strips, anyway).

rated 4 of 5 on 6/4/2005 4:27:00 PM More reviews by WarmFuzzy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Green

Wow! I'm really sorry to see that this product got such a poor rating. I have very oily/acne prone skin and even took Accutane 3 years ago. This product did not irritate my skin or make it break out. It is, however, very emolient. But I'm 36 years old and I'm starting to focus on keeping my skin youthful rather than just preoccupied with soaking up all the oil. I really love this product and just purchased another one because it was buy one get one free. I think you probably have to use this product a good 3 months in order to see a substantial change. I know it says 28 days, but I believe in continuously using a product for a full 3 months to get the true benefit. I hope someone will give this product a chance because it's awesome!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2005 3:20:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually really like YR's skin care & anti-aging products, but this was a huge dissapointment to me, especially for their most expensive product! Not only did I really not see any improvement at all, but it seemed to make my face & even my neck break out more than usual. I have combo skin, but it's not overly sensitive, & I've actually never had a facial treatment do that to me before. IMO, I really didn't even find it to be that hydrating to my skin. This does have a gel-like texture, & in most cases I think of a gel as feeling more light or fresh on my skin. This treatment, however, just felt to me like it was just sitting on top of my skin without really soaking into it at all. Then by the time morning came, my face would feel like a pit of grease, & I almost couldn't wait to wash it off. The only thing I could see that it was doing, is that the top layer of my skin seemed to be sloughing off. But again, even that didn't seem to improve the appearance of it in any way. I really didn't even like the packaging either. YR usually promotes with their products that they're concerned about the environment. Some of their products are sold as refills with less packaging, or their face creams will be in recyclable glass jars. Instead, this comes with 28 plastic capsules held on 4 plastic strips. These strips are then packaged inside a huge, hard plasic box. All this plastic that they use isn't even #1 or #2 type plastic that is most commonly recycled in towns that do recycling (that I know of, anyway). If they're going to put single doses into little capsules, then they should put them into some kind of more compact jar that could maybe be recycled. I bought this from eBay for about $20 or so. In the very least, I'm glad I didn't spend a lot more on it. About the only thing I liked was the smell of it -- kind of a fruity, pleasant smell that didn't linger very long. To say that's the only good thing about a skin care treatment is pretty bad. I was so dissappointed in this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2005 10:50:00 AM More reviews by SaraLee2

This is YR's newest treatment line. I've used it faithfully now for the recommended 28 days and I don't think it's made a difference. If it has, it's so subtle I can't see it.

This is a very emollient gel like substance that comes in 28 little capsules. The capsules are great for travel, but it's kind of hard to get all of the product out, although there's plenty to cover your entire face/neck. The smell is quite nice, but a bit strong. I can see how it would bother someone with a sensitive nose. It glides on beautifully and soaks into the skin immediately. Totally hydrating without being greasy. My skin is on the oily side and it doesn't grease it out, just makes it soft and smooth.

However, it's supposed to "rejuvenate your skin and reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines". Nope. Can't see it. My skin is definitely hydrated and it really helps when I'm traveling (even my oily skin gets really dry in airplanes and hotel rooms), but that's about all is does. It might have even made my pores slightly larger, but I could be making that up. For $50 a pop (on sale), there are other things that will do the same for less.

Now that I'm not using it anymore, I'll see if there's a change. I put "No" for would buy again, but I might when traveling to dry areas, or if I see a change in the next few weeks of not using it. UPDATE: After not using this for a couple of months, there is no difference, so definitely didn't do anything spectacular at all. Won't repurchase.