Canmake Liquid Eyebrow

Best thing: IT WORKS FOR ALL KINDS OF EYEBROWS!!!!! How? Let me tell you a story. Sit back and get comfy, it's a long one:

I bought this product on a whim. My usual trusty eyebrow mascara-gel was running out, and I thought it'd be high-time tp go look for it again. When I stumbled upon the Canmake Eyebrow Liquid Pen (01 Natural Brown), it made me raise my eyebrows (hehehehhe) because it was the first time I had ever heard of an "eyebrow liquid pen."

The tip seems like a felt-tip marker, and it's quite sharp and precise. Applying the liquid almost feels like a paintbrush gliding watercolor along dem brows, paint-by-color style. I was hesitant to try it at first because I thought my naturally thick and beautifully bushy Lily Collins-esque brows (thank you brow goddesses!!) need no such line-defining a pen usually gives. But the natural color and layerable consistency had me SOLD the moment I sampled it. BUY, fo sho.

When I went home, my mom commented that my brows looked totally on point, so I shared with her my impressive purchase and suggested she try it for herself. My mom, whose patchy eyebrows are starting to thin out, loved how the liquid evened out her eyebrows by filling out the sparse areas and defining the tail end of her brows. Her eyebrows are at that point where filling them out with powder or pencil just doesn't do, since they're starting to turn gray as well, so it was nice how the liquid was able to fix that too. Like me, she likes the naturally-thick and cleanly shaped look this pen gives. "Yep, this woman needs this miracle pen more than I do." So I gave it to her there and then.

A week passed and regretted my decision (haha.) I went back to the store and bought 2 more, the last remaining ones (!!!) One for myself, and one for stock for either of us, because I knew my mom would use up her eyebrow pen much faster than I would.

This stuff lasts all day, seriously. It really takes some rubbin' and scrubbin' at the end of the day to really get the liquid off. The staying power is so awesome that it never melts away when my forehead sweats like hell.

Oh! I also forgot to tell you that I love how it complemented my brow mascara-gel. Since my brows are thick, I like to use mascara-gel only (E.L.F. Eyebrow Treat & Tame, Dark) just to sorta evenly tint and keep them in place. Then I use the Canmake Eyebrow Liquid as a finishing touch to define the top of my brows and the shape of the tail ends. With that winning combo, never have my brows ever looked so FIERCE, EFFORTLESS, AND FASHION WEEK RUNWAY MODEL READY.

When my grandma, a normally coiffed and primly made up lady, was confined in the hospital for a few days, she fretted that she wasn't able to do her everyday make up, and most importantly, draw on her non-existent eyebrows. Yes, they are bald. My mom whipped out her (previously mine) miracle brow liquid pen and drew them in. My grandma prefers the super defined, almost tattoo-like thinness for her brows. (Hm... must be a generational thing.) Well, she was pretty impressed too! It was no surprise that my grandma wanted that pen for herself too, so my mom passed on that beloved hand-me-down brow pen to her.

I had no choice but to bequeath the "stock" eyebrow pen to my mom, so that the 3 of us each would have our own eyebrow weapon of choice. The 3 of us are doomed the day our pens run out because after going back to the store again randomly one day, the saleslady told me they didn't know when they were going to restock. Well, SH*T!

So there you have it, folks.

Canmake Eyebrow Liquid is a total MIRACLE pen that has captivated 3 generations of women (I'm 23, mom's 50, grandma's 79) and not once disappoint so far. Really amazing eyebrow make up!

10/10 would buy again. If I could find it again...

------TL;DR (+ some pros)-------
+ works for thick/bushy, sparse/thinning, AND totally bald/non-existing eyebrows
+ staying power is amazing and lasts all day, won't rub off
+ thin but layerable consistency is great, dries/sets quick
+ price is worth it for the quality

some cons:
- smears a bit upon application when face is too moist (when I'm doing my morning make up, i have to wait a few minutes for my moisturiser to absorb a bit. I don't use foundation, fyi) not good when i'm in a rush
- rare and hard to find in stores!!! Here in the Philippines, at least

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I got this as a gift, and this was my first eyebrow makeup! I got it in natural brown though I have black eyebrows. I use this to outline my eyebrows, and i love it. It seemed natural and doesn't look like i outlined it at all. I would definitely repurchase and recommend this!

Please note that I have very very sparse eyebrow, I already had eyebrow embroidery done a few years ago but it's kinda faded now so i use this pen to darken my brows.

i think i have easily gone through 5-6 of this pen in the last few years. it is really one of the best liquid eyebrow marker in the market. it doesnt really run on my very oily skin, it blends well into my brows/skin, and the colour is very natural. if i ever make any mistake, a q-tip moisten with a little water/bioderma will remove the error. it's relatively affordable from where I am, but it's really hard to find as the more popular shade tends to be sold out faster.

i'm sure i can easily find a korean brand that does a similar liquid eyebrow marker pen, but it's so good i never want to try any other brand unless canmake stop producing it.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If you are one of the lucky ones who have the combination of very oily skin (nothing so far has really helped with it...) and very very thin eyebrows, you know what it's like... Meaning that how your eyebrows look at the end of the day. Or to be exact, what is left of them... I use a few oil blotting paper (Kleenex is the best!) and some oil blotting powder (using Daniel Sandler at the moment) throught out the day, also over the eyebrows as they are swimming in oil, and end up having really messy looking brows. Very often allready by midday. It has really been a huge problem for me. But is not anymore!!! Thanks to Canmake Eyebrow liquid (in 01 Natural Brown)!
It is almost a miracle how resistant this stuff is. I can blot and use my powder brush over the brows many times during the day and they will still look exactly the same as they did in the morning!!! Unbelievable!!! I can touch my brows and nothing comes off. The liquid is not very waterproof as it will fade a lot when rinsing face with warm water but sweat of sebum has no affect on it. And that's the most important thing. The hole face will look fresher when brows are tidy.
I only wish the color would be a little more on the greyish side. It is ok, specially when puffing some blotting powder (which has a little greyish shade) over the brows after they are finished. The pencil itself if very very easy to use. Only a little color comes out at the time. You can layer to get deeper shade. I was afraid that it would be difficult to make brows with a liquid pencil but actually it is easier than with a regular pen or powder. The result will not look all natural (since I have so very thin brows) but at least the brows are beautyfully shaped and tidy and will stay like that untill I will wash them off!!
Because of the very very slight issue with the color, I also ordered K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Liquid Eyebrow in greyish brown for testing, because the color seems to be a lot more greyer than this one. Might even be too grey... But I have two of these Canmake ones and will most certainly use them both and most likely buy again, especially if the K-palettes pencils will not have better color or will be inferior otherwise.

This is for NATURAL BROWN.

If you prefer pens over pencils for the brow, then you would be happy with this. I was not. My current HG brow pencil, Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil in Medium Ash is THE best pencil for completely bald brows.

This pen does not give a natural appearance of brows if you are completely sparse. It looks like a tattoo or like a marker drawn on. It took me a long time to try and give my almost completely bald brows to look natural with this. You must have an artist's hand, which I do to make it look natural. Again I'm talking of completely sparse eyebrows.

The color is an ash brown, darker then suqqu's brown and with the same green tones in it. If I apply to much in one area, I'll get a green tone.

The tip is like a thin felt tip, same as a thin marker, which I prefer over suqqu's brush tip which easily becomes bent. It is easy to apply thin strokes with this tip.

Overall, I would use if I were at the beach as it is waterproof and smearproof. Also, if I knew I would not have time or privacy to apply my regular brow pencil on in the morning, I would use this the night before as it stays on overnight even when sleeping on my face..

It is absolutely amazing!!! I love it! It dries quickly, and stays put throughout the day (and through my work-out).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I haven't tried this particular liquid eyebrow, so I can't speak to how well or not it performs, but I have tried other liquid eyebrow pens and I'm sure this performs just as well as the one I now use (Kanebo Liquid Eyebrow), which I love. They all work the same way whereby you use light strokes to fill in and deposit color to the sparse areas of your brows or heavier strokes to make your brows darker, if you happen to like a dark brow. The Canmake eyebrow pen on review comes in 3 shades, which I've listed below. I'm able to do my brows so much faster using eyebrow pens and they look much more natural than when I used a pencil or powder.. Application technique is learned, but after a while, you will know how much/little pressure is needed to shape & fill in your brows. These pens are a real timesaver for me and worth their weight in gold! Here are the available shades:

[01] Natural Brown
Grayish dark brown goes well with dark hair.

[02] Light Brown
Light brown with a touch of red, to go well with slightly lighter hair colors.

[03] Bronze Brown
Bright bronze brown for use with light-colored hair.

They also have the Eyebrow Coat. Here's what it says:

A quick-drying topcoat that won't affect the color of your carefully made-up eyebrows. Helps tidy up eyebrows, keeping them looking good all day. Non-shine matte finish that is resistant to water, sebum and sweat.

Caio!

great product! needed some practicing to get a hang of it. got great comments on the first day when i used it! a savior for sparse brows like mine! lasts all day at school n work n all night at the club! definitely a keeper!

Agree withe everyone! Waterproof, NATURAL and cheap! One thing I wish it would change is the tip. After using it a while, the tip went soft and it doesn't give me as precise control that I like~ but still~ wicked stuff!

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Great product! Initially i hesitated to buy this as it looks like a marker; was afraid it'll look like doodles on my face, but it looks really natural. :)stays well too! Would repurchase if neccessary!

Popular Brows Products