April 16, 2014 | 954 users online

Brows - Canmake - Liquid Eyebrow

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2012 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Cicca

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

If you are one of the lucky ones who have the combination of very oily skin (nothing so far has really helped with it...) and very very thin eyebrows, you know what it's like... Meaning that how your eyebrows look at the end of the day. Or to be exact, what is left of them... I use a few oil blotting paper (Kleenex is the best!) and some oil blotting powder (using Daniel Sandler at the moment) throught out the day, also over the eyebrows as they are swimming in oil, and end up having really messy looking brows. Very often allready by midday. It has really been a huge problem for me. But is not anymore!!! Thanks to Canmake Eyebrow liquid (in 01 Natural Brown)!
It is almost a miracle how resistant this stuff is. I can blot and use my powder brush over the brows many times during the day and they will still look exactly the same as they did in the morning!!! Unbelievable!!! I can touch my brows and nothing comes off. The liquid is not very waterproof as it will fade a lot when rinsing face with warm water but sweat of sebum has no affect on it. And that's the most important thing. The hole face will look fresher when brows are tidy.
I only wish the color would be a little more on the greyish side. It is ok, specially when puffing some blotting powder (which has a little greyish shade) over the brows after they are finished. The pencil itself if very very easy to use. Only a little color comes out at the time. You can layer to get deeper shade. I was afraid that it would be difficult to make brows with a liquid pencil but actually it is easier than with a regular pen or powder. The result will not look all natural (since I have so very thin brows) but at least the brows are beautyfully shaped and tidy and will stay like that untill I will wash them off!!
Because of the very very slight issue with the color, I also ordered K-Palette 1 Day Tattoo Real Lasting Liquid Eyebrow in greyish brown for testing, because the color seems to be a lot more greyer than this one. Might even be too grey... But I have two of these Canmake ones and will most certainly use them both and most likely buy again, especially if the K-palettes pencils will not have better color or will be inferior otherwise.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by cubancurls

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is for NATURAL BROWN.

If you prefer pens over pencils for the brow, then you would be happy with this. I was not. My current HG brow pencil, Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil in Medium Ash is THE best pencil for completely bald brows.

This pen does not give a natural appearance of brows if you are completely sparse. It looks like a tattoo or like a marker drawn on. It took me a long time to try and give my almost completely bald brows to look natural with this. You must have an artist's hand, which I do to make it look natural. Again I'm talking of completely sparse eyebrows.

The color is an ash brown, darker then suqqu's brown and with the same green tones in it. If I apply to much in one area, I'll get a green tone.

The tip is like a thin felt tip, same as a thin marker, which I prefer over suqqu's brush tip which easily becomes bent. It is easy to apply thin strokes with this tip.

Overall, I would use if I were at the beach as it is waterproof and smearproof. Also, if I knew I would not have time or privacy to apply my regular brow pencil on in the morning, I would use this the night before as it stays on overnight even when sleeping on my face..

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by SiljeEmilienne

It is absolutely amazing!!! I love it! It dries quickly, and stays put throughout the day (and through my work-out).

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2009 7:50:00 PM More reviews by IcyHot

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I haven't tried this particular liquid eyebrow, so I can't speak to how well or not it performs, but I have tried other liquid eyebrow pens and I'm sure this performs just as well as the one I now use (Kanebo Liquid Eyebrow), which I love. They all work the same way whereby you use light strokes to fill in and deposit color to the sparse areas of your brows or heavier strokes to make your brows darker, if you happen to like a dark brow. The Canmake eyebrow pen on review comes in 3 shades, which I've listed below. I'm able to do my brows so much faster using eyebrow pens and they look much more natural than when I used a pencil or powder.. Application technique is learned, but after a while, you will know how much/little pressure is needed to shape & fill in your brows. These pens are a real timesaver for me and worth their weight in gold! Here are the available shades:

[01] Natural Brown
Grayish dark brown goes well with dark hair.

[02] Light Brown
Light brown with a touch of red, to go well with slightly lighter hair colors.

[03] Bronze Brown
Bright bronze brown for use with light-colored hair.

They also have the Eyebrow Coat. Here's what it says:

A quick-drying topcoat that won't affect the color of your carefully made-up eyebrows. Helps tidy up eyebrows, keeping them looking good all day. Non-shine matte finish that is resistant to water, sebum and sweat.

Caio!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2008 11:11:00 AM More reviews by missbutterworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great product! needed some practicing to get a hang of it. got great comments on the first day when i used it! a savior for sparse brows like mine! lasts all day at school n work n all night at the club! definitely a keeper!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2007 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Joyc25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Agree withe everyone! Waterproof, NATURAL and cheap! One thing I wish it would change is the tip. After using it a while, the tip went soft and it doesn't give me as precise control that I like~ but still~ wicked stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2006 2:11:00 AM More reviews by buggeroff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great product! Initially i hesitated to buy this as it looks like a marker; was afraid it'll look like doodles on my face, but it looks really natural. :)stays well too! Would repurchase if neccessary!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2006 2:46:00 AM More reviews by beauticonnexion

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am one girl with very sparse eye brows and anything i use; powders, cream, shadows; they all dun last and they just rub off on my oily skin. This is a complete wonder! Very light colour for natural look, very resistant to rubbing or sweat... OMG this is the HG of my eyebrow pencils!!!

Very Budget price and was initially afraid being liquid it will dry up, but using it for almost 4 months and still drawing strong!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2005 7:38:00 AM More reviews by sofysophia

im always in love with my Chanel brow pencil and my Canmake Eyebrow Coat... they are my staple brow duo. but what if its raining outside and i need something that would make my brow makeup last all day without smearing even with all the rain and humidity? i'd turn to this little gem. at the first glance you might think it would give a very awkward, unnatural finish... but turns out it looks just like a Chanel brow pencil, but waterproof. beware, though, that it takes some time to take it off... well, its waterproof after all! =)

UPDATE (21 June 2008): they don't seem to be selling this anymore? it they ever bring it back, i'll definitely buy it again. continued >>