April 18, 2014 | 1002 users online

Lipstick - Chanel - Chanel Ultrawear Lipcolor

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:30:00 PM More reviews by lucya25

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipcolor is the best on the market, at any price! It is a bit pricey but so so worth it. I put it on, let dry for one minute, apply the satiny smooth gloss, and go about my day. I now own 3 colors and shopping for two more. Over the year, I have wasted money believing all the phony hype of long lasting lip color. Believe me, this is the ONLY one that lasts more than 5 hours. The color, if left on overnight, is still there, but lighter, but you still have a color to your lips. It's really up to you if you justify spending cheaper money and not getting the satisfaction you want from a lipcolor. I prefer to put out the extra dollars and get what I want and not have to think if my lipcolor is still there or not. Chanel makes the absolute best in long wearing lip color.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Sured20

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Also known as rouge double intensitie. I tried this after hearing a friends rave review of it, as well as a very good "argument" on why she could justify spending $35 on a lipstick. I was really interested to hear, as I'm a pretty low maintenance gal when it comes to make-up. Plainly put, I'm not a big fan. I think women look best natural, not fake. I do like some color on occasion, im just not a fan of reapplying. This is what got me to the chanel counter. My friend told me she puts this on in the a.m. and has to remove it with make up remover in the p.m. I really had to try this to believe it. of course i wasnt going to use the tester on my lips, ewww. but i dabbed a little on the back of my wrist, and a few hours later after showering, there was still noticable color there!! I was shocked. and sold on this product. unfortunately it doesnt come in many shades, and sometimes they discontinue a shade. My favorite shade is violet sapphire , which is oddly neither violet or sapphire, but a pearly bronze. I think it brings out my blue eyes. Many of the rosy shades are too neutral for my tastes. I dont want to spend $35 to just enhance my lip tone. There is a newer rosey shade though thats a bit darker, i forget the name. Aventurine is nice, but too dark for me for daytime. These are double ended, with the liquid color stain on one end and gloss on the other. its worth getting used to the wand application to have a lasting color. Also, i dont know this for sure, but recent studies came out discussing lead in lipsticks, and none mentioned the stains such as this. I would suspect that since you dont really lick off any color with a stain, you are at less risk for lead then with regular lipsticks that you keep reapplying. This is seriously worth the money. no melting, no reapplying (except maybe the gloss). and it smells good! While it hasnt gotten me wearing it daily, I love having a few of these around and knowing i can get colorful lips that last. oh, i have not needed to remove it with remover. personally i find that by the time ive washed up and brushed my teeth, its off. if you dont use the top gloss you could get dry lips, but i havent had a problem with drying, using the gloss. I wish there was a bit more gloss then color so there wasnt a chance of running out, or maybe just the gloss sold separately. I took off a star for this and the lack of color selection. otherwise, its perfect.
I have found a couple store brand stains that work pretty well, and cost much less, the cover girl one is my fav store brand and has a great shade selection. Not as luxurious as this one of course, but a cheaper option that works.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2009 6:06:00 PM More reviews by rrryerson

I adore Chanel Ultra Wear Lip Colour and wish Chanel made them in more colors because only one or two work for me (Sandstone and a particularly lovely and luminous dark pink).

I love these because I can wear them and the color stays on for hours so I'm not constantly re-applying. A particular plus is that it doesn't come off on coffee cups during meetings, which I hate. I have some long-wearing lipsticks from the drugstore, but the colors are flatter, and don't look as rich as these.

I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 because the gloss always runs about before the color, which drives me nuts.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by joycedean

CONS:
CHANEL ULTRA WEAR is VERY DRYING to the lips. If you have sensitive lips, you will need to moisturize after use. You cna't put lip treatment or moisturizer on first, as product will not stick/last which is the ONLY purpose of this lipcolor. If you have sensitive skin/lips, removal of the darker shades may also be a problem as you may need to use make up remover.

STAYING POWER: Unreliable. Some, especially darker shades, seem to stay - & are even difficult to remove, even after all day. Some of the lighter shades seem to fade on their own, lasting only a few hours. IN EITHER CASE you will hve to constantly apply their topcoat to freshen up the base or it will look dull & painted on, and it will also flake off of your lips unevenly & not at all atractive... so it's kind of like you hav to keep reapplying as you would a lipstick anyway

It is PRICEY

The applicators though accurate with care but clumsy application can be disastrous esp. with those darker colors (see above)

BUT...

PROS:
If you need something that won't come off on your teeth, if you need a darker color to stay on through some performance, like singing, this will work... although I suspect that a lipliner applied with complete coverage would do similar, although the lighter shades would be difficult to reproduce... then again the lighter shades don't stay as well (see above) It doesn't smudge (but take care when you first apply it!)

in SUMMATION:
If you need to make sure your lipstick won't stain - glasswear, or your microphone, it's worth suffering... the gloss however will come off so it's not kiss proof.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2008 6:12:00 PM More reviews by tiddleywinks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Rose Quartz, Tourmaline and Ruby Lite. Unfortunately, all of the colors are quite dark on my very pale face, and not at all flattering. The Rose Quartz is a rose-brown, really a bit of a neutral, and like the Tourmaline, turned sour on me after a bit of time. The lasting power was perhaps three hours, really no better than any of the others I have tried. The best thing that I can say is that the fading was even and didn't leave a ring around my lower lip, but I would definitely not repurchase. Frankly, Maybelline and Cover Girl are just as good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 1:24:00 AM More reviews by desertmom4

Wonderful long-lasting, transfer resistance lipstick/gloss duo!! I am a l/g gal, and never considered wearing l/s as in the past I was tired of having to reapply every hour or so, or after I eat or drink...too much hassle. I have tried just about all the long wearing l/s out there just to be disappointed as my problem was the l/s "balling" up and fading unevenly, not to mention any long lasting l/s is very drying to the lips. Well...about a month ago I was attending a "Night of Beauty" event at my local dept store and I stopped by the Chanel counter to browse. Of course the SA told me to have a seat as I was curious on their Holiday items and she was going to apply some on me. The last item she applied to my Chanel Beige/ MAC NC30 skintone was the new Holiday '07 Ultra Wear l/s gloss duo in Violet Sapphire. The SA said she swears by this line, and to not use a lip liner with it as it doesn't need one. The color was intense and I loved it! It didn't feel dry, and the gloss felt silky...not too thick or sticky. I purchased it for $30...it did last on my lips until I took it off about 5 hours later. During this time I did eat and drink, and only had to reapply the gloss 1x. My overall impresson of this l/s duo is that it is the only long wearing l/s that holds true to its description. Wears most of the day (7hours ~ longest I had it on), doesn't transfer, and isn't too drying ( need to apply gloss end to refreshen when feeling the need). No complaints as I now have 4 of these Ultra Wear duo's and can't wait for more!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2007 2:40:00 PM More reviews by ellediva

I SWEAR by this long lasting lip color....wore it on my wedding day through hours of hugs, kisses, and photos, and all i had to do was touch up the glossy part. The color stayed on till I took it off. I wore a classic red lip on that day and never once worried about it transferring on my hubby or his tux. I purchased the color RUBY LITE, it was the perfect red for my NC42 golden/halle berryish skin..not too orange not too blue-just PERFECT and it stayed like a dream!!! So expensive but worth every cent of the 30 US dollars I spent ;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2007 2:38:00 PM More reviews by kbugg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love these lipsticks, they really stay on...probably 4-6 hours on average. Also, won't come off on your cup or when eating. The colors are limited, however they just came out with some new ones, I like Rose Garnet - a sophisticated pinky-brown color. Perfect all occasion color that works for fall without being too dark.

I hate reapplying lipstick after 1-2 hours and getting it all over my cup when drinking, this lipstick solves those problems. But be ready to fork out $30, however I think it's worth it considering it lasts so long, so you will use less product over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2006 8:52:00 PM More reviews by AnnieHockeyWife

This is my HG of lipsticks! Okay, maybe for long-wearing lipstick. It's the best quality long wear lipstick I've ever used. The color part goes on very smoothly, and doesn't dry too quickly, thereby giving me extra time to "fix" the color layer and to get it right. The gloss half of the tube needs to be screwed on very tightly, or it will leak. That's my only complaint about this product. Overall, the texture of the product, when it dries, is fabulous. It feels like regular lipstick and when it fades a little (after about 8 hours), it fades evenly. I really REALLY like this product. The price is worth the long wear and comfort. I'm on my second tube of Rose Quartz. The other colors are waaaay too mid 1980s/Alexis Carrington Colby look. Okay, my only other complaint regards color choices. Chanel should come out with more colors. If they do, I will definitely buy more!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/26/2005 10:48:00 AM More reviews by loohoo44

Wow. This stuff STAYS. Like its hard to remove, you really need an oil-based remover to get it off. So don't screw up. But seriously, its a fabulous product. Goes on really smoothly, you can spread it very nice for about 30 seconds. It says to let it dry for a minute before putting on the gloss that comes on the other end, but you can use any gloss you want. I got Rose Quartz, a rosy pink color on the bright side, but still natural looking. Doesn't dry out my lips, come off, or ball up. Definately an HG for a longwear product, just wish it came in more colors (I think 6 are available and at least 4 are scary), and it wasn't so expensive ($30 US).