December 21, 2014 | 1272 users online

Hair Treatments - Phyto - Phytolisse Ultra Shine Smoothing Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 5/9/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by sakuralin

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

NOT SILICONE FREE....In fact it has too many! For those who do not know silicones (check your labels, anything with 'cone' at the end of the word) will destroy your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2014 12:21:00 AM More reviews by tracymarcia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

LOVE this serum! Silcone free, for us fine haired girls. Works to smooth down frizz, adds shines and heat and UV protection (like all serums) but like I said this is SILICONE FREE! Lovely scent. I will re purchase again and again. Only downside is the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2013 3:10:00 AM More reviews by icedcooly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is the first smoothing serum I have ever tried that actually does all it promises - it literally feels like each strand of my hair is coated in healthy natural oils, yet my hair remains bouncy, voluminous and is not weighed down at all. My boyfriend actually noticed and commented that my hair had become less frizzy with less flyaways because my hair is dry and thin and has a tendency to have that after blowdrying. It's an oil but it feels natural and lightweight enough to use on a daily basis, without any reaction from my oily scalp. (I get dandruff whenever I use cream or oil-based products on my hair.) I'm completely sold on the Phyto range and will not go back to products that temporarily solve the symptoms but not the root of the problem (a ha!). :) I have noticed that Phyto products tend to not have any scent (except for the universal elixir which is essential oil-based) and I take that as a very good sign that it is truly natural and good for your hair and scalp.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/26/2012 4:53:00 AM More reviews by amywmy

I hardly say this, but I HATE THIS PRODUCT. I was at Sephora the other day and the sales assistant convinced me to this, claiming to be the BEST SELLING SERUM at Sephora. Being so bloody expensive, I thought it would make some difference to my hair.

My hair is thin, slightly wavy and medium frizz. It made no difference. Sephora in my country doesn't accept returns. The only thing positive I can say is although it may seem oily on the hand, it doesn't transfer to the hair. Will NEVER repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 2:00:00 PM More reviews by Katie75007

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am always skeptical of using oil-based serums for the purpose of adding shine; I tend to prefer aerosol shine sprays, because I think the mist coats the hair shaft better and really does leave it shinier. I will say, though, that I am impressed by this serum. I received a 5mL sample, which has lasted for three weeks (and it's not even half gone) -- which is incredible to me. A few drops really do go a long way; not much is needed for it to work. I have very long hair with dry-ish ends (okay, I probably need a trim). I use 2-3 drops rubbed between my palms and smoothed over the ends, and it leaves my hair looking moisturized and *much* smoother and healthier. It's lightly scented at first, but it fades, and while it feels as if it would be oily, it's actually very lightweight. When my sample is gone, I will definitely be investing in the full size (which, at this rate, probably lasts for years!).

Final verdict: In terms of making hair look smooth, healthy and "done" -- A+. Shine, not so much -- but great overall.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2010 6:15:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

I like this serum because it's lightweight, isn't greasy, and doesn't weigh my fine hair down like most smoothing serums do. However, my hair was still frizzy. I do like the scent though, which smells like ckOne.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/3/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by Minervamink

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm never a huge fan of serums as they tend to do nothing for my hair or they leave a dull, greasy look but this serum works wonders for my hair. I use just one or two tiny drops in the palm of my hand, rub my hands together, then run my hands through the ends of my hair, followed by blow drying or flat ironing and I have spectacularly shiny, healthy looking hair. Another bonus is that it is very lightly scented and after my hair is dry I don't notice any lingering scent at all from it.

I've used an Aveda serum and was disgusted by the oily, dirty look it gave my hair. I've used an entire bottle of this Phyto serum and never once felt as though my hair looked dirty or unhealthy. It costs a lot (but so did the Aveda product) but it was money well spent and one little bottle lasted forever. Love this stuff! Unless they discontinue this product (and I hope they don't!) I think my search for the perfect serum is over.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/31/2009 1:15:00 PM More reviews by footballove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This serum is nothing special in my opinion.Actually,I haven't noticed difference,my hair looked completely the same with or without this.It has really watery lightly texture,wich wouldn't make your hair waighted down,but also didn't make a thing for my dry fine flyaway hair.Just nothing happend.Not worth the money at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2008 1:50:00 PM More reviews by luvlymoon

I love this product. It never leaves my hair feeling greasy no matter how much I use and smells nice. I highly recommend this product if you are looking for great shine without all the buildup.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2008 4:34:00 PM More reviews by jjtexasgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

While I love some of Phyto's products, I can't tolerate this one. Silicone buildup really left my hair in a mess and this product is pretty much nothing but silicone! I'm refocusing my hair regime for non-silicone products and that leaves this product out in the cold as far as I'm concerned. It has a nice smell and it works great if your hair can tolerate it, though. I'll give it that, but for the price, I'm sure there are equal products out there for less.