September 22, 2014 | 1846 users online

Lip Gloss - New York Color - Lip Smoothie in Strawberry

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2007 8:28:00 PM More reviews by diana6

I'm pretty sure this is discontinued (it's not on the website), but I just discovered it so I want to review it!
I found a tube of this in my makeup "junk drawer" when I was looking for something to soothe my slightly chapped lips and my usual chapstick was nowhere near the bathroom. So by total accident, I think I just discovered my new HG lipgloss!
It looks like chapstick in the tube, but on my lips it adds a hint of color (very natural, but better - perfect color) and lots of shine! It's not shimmery, just very glossy.
The scent is very meh... not bad for strawberry, a little bit like candy, but nothing amazing. But I looove the color and the way it looks on my lips! Plus it's moisturizing - I feel like I'm wearing plain old chapstick; it's not sticky.
I just wish it wasn't discontinued! And why oh why didn't I try it sooner. I was probably misled by the cheap brand and childish looking packaging. But it's a giant tube, so I will try to make it last!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2005 6:47:00 PM More reviews by CitrusT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I absolutely love this strawberry lip gloss. The texture isin't thick nor messy. it's just right, with a hint of color. The smell is oh so good. I actual like the packaging size. Bigger means more to enjoy. I would love to purchase these again. I hope they bring them back out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/23/2004 10:41:00 PM More reviews by smartypants21

This is my absolute favorite lip balm. Everything about this product is perfect except for the thick tube it comes in, but I could hardly care less because I love this stuff so much. It has a great strawberry scent, tastes sweet, and leaves lips soft, smooth and with an enticing sheer natural red tint and the perfect amount of moistness. This has been discontinued by NYC I think, but I wrote to them persuading them to manufacture it again. Anyone who loves this as much as me, please help me get it back on the market. Try this ladies, you'll love it! Plus it's only $1.99!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2004 10:38:00 AM More reviews by TdotGirl

This is the best product ever !
I switched from Bonne Bell Lipsmackers to this product ever since Bonne Bell has gone overboard making gross flavours with disgusting sparkles galore.
I'm not sure what's up with the packaging but for all those people that are complaining about it... is it really that big of a deal? I don't think it's that bad, plus you get more for you $$$
The texture is great, nice and smooth without all the wax buildup like a lot of other lip balms.
The flavour is great and fruity.
Reminds me of a strawberry pudding I used to eat when I was little.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/30/2003 10:53:00 PM More reviews by CandyTrixie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

The scent is very yummy, but the taste is way too sugary, like artificial sweetener. The packaging is great because the twist is at the top of the tube instead of the bottom with large grippy ridges. The downside is that it's oversized, so it's not as easy to apply to the lips. I keep fearing that it'll go over and look like I just came out of a kissfest! But not a big deal as it only leaves a dewy red tint, not a bright red stain. Would definitely purchase again and will be trying the Watermelon one, too. Got this for $1 on sale!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2003 8:32:00 PM More reviews by christinekerry

I like this gloss. It gives my lips a subtle shine and rosy tint. It moisturizes and feels good on. The strawberry scent is pleasant, not too gaggy sweet and fake. It's one of the few scented glosses I like. The tube is kind of weird though. It's oversized so it feels weird using it. I will repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/22/2003 5:32:00 PM More reviews by sanriogirl

This is the probably the worst gloss I have ever tried. The very strong fake strawberry scent gave me a headache. The packaging is crap. I couldn't even twist the gloss back into the tube. The gloss has a thin texture and a disgusting sweet taste.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2003 9:18:00 PM More reviews by veggigoddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sucks! Just found out off of Peta's website that MYC tests on animals so no more contributing to that BS. Still trying to find out if Wet N Wild does, but more likely. These cosmetics lines maybe inexpensive, but is it really worth the health and life of innocent animals? HARDLY!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/5/2003 11:40:00 AM More reviews by likebuttah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is such a good lip gloss for its price (SO inexpensive). It moisturizes, makes my lips feel nice and smooth and glossy. And the color's great! Light shimmery pink.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2003 10:35:00 PM More reviews by VeneziaQuintana

No joke, EVERY SINGLE TIME I pull this out of my purse to apply, my BF whips his head around and says, 'Mmmm what is that?' (you'd think he'd know after the first time I told him! *rolls eyes* boys! LOL!) In fact, the first time I put it on, we almost got in a car accident (he was driving) because he got all excited and asked what smelled so good!

Honestly, I didn't think it was THAT great of a lip balm/gloss/whatever it is - but that it did feel nice on (light, not sticky, moisturizes well, did its job), left a nice hint of colour on my lips, had a decent if not nicely artificial taste, and it was extremely inexpensive! So, the rave for this traffic stopping/causing lip balm is on behalf of my BF...I like it well enough that I will repurchase again and again because one tube doesn't last long enough the way he keeps kissing me everytime I put it on! ;)