April 17, 2014 | 1845 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice 'n Easy - Root Touch Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Absolute rubbish - the only good thing is the brush applicator. For the paltry amount you get, this is very poor value for money. I could barely touch-up half of my approx. half cm roots and I have less than 20% grey. The directions tell you to leave it on for 15 mins if your greys are resistant, so I did. I bought the dark brown and my greys were ginger after using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by AngelaStalker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I get highlights + root touch up about every 3 months, but paying over 60 dollars JUST for a root touch up got annyoying. I decided to try medium golden blonde, it isn't a 100% match, but it will do me until my next salon visit. I have different shades of blonce highlights, so it really isn't noticiable that it isn't a 100% match.

I wish I decided to do my roots sooner with this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by spiguest

This is the best $5 dollars that I've ever spent. My grey roots were showing and I am so busy that I just don't have the time to go to the salon every month. Also, I find having a complete dye of the head when it's just the roots that are showing isn't the best for the hair. As well, the cost of a salon touch up is almost $100 - so I'm not sure why others on this review board are complaining about a $5 price. To me this is a deal!! It's convenient, easy to use, and cheap.
I now use the touch up once a month and will now go to the salon for the complete dye every 6 months instead. It's a win win for me all around because it saves time, money, and saves my hair from being exposed unnecessarily to chemicals.
Highly highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by brucelegs

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Desperate for a touch since sine I had to reschedule my cut/color appt to a week later, I grabbed this while at the grocery stores. I came home and read a few reviews here on MUA. Now informed, I knew to leave this on beyond the 10 minute direction. I mixed it up, carefully applied to my icky roots and relaxed for about 25 minutes. After a rinse, light shampoo all I can say is WOW ! - best $5 I've spent - the color blended perfect with my salon Aveda red color. I plan on keeping a box on hand for just-in-case

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by TheBoev

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have used this product for years. I use their all-over hair color first, then 4 weeks later I use this root touch up. I have LOTS of gray hair and this truly does the trick at coverage. I do leave it on over 30 minutes as my gray hair is stubborn. I have never had a bad experience with it. For $5 my hair looks like a salon dye job, shiny, silky and not damaged at all. When I have to color my hair so often, this saves my wallet TONS. This paired with their all-over color is my HG for haircolor!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by IsabelArcher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a coupon to try this product out for close to free, and I didn't have high expectations, but for the most part I was pleasantly surprised. The 6G Light Golden Brown was actually a very good match to Satin 4G Light Golden Brown. I was apprehensive of hot roots, but that didn't happen. The application was very easy. Just mix and brush, time and rinse out. As others have posted, there is not a lot of mix in the box. I had just enough to dab my roots and give a once over to the topmost layer of my hair. Granted, I don't have a lot of hair. Someone with a great deal of hair might have trouble getting all of their roots with just one box of this stuff. Full price on this product is really not a great deal money-wise. I can get a tube of Satin color and just use enough to get my roots if I don't want to refresh my whole head of hair, because you can reseal the tube on Satin and on some other brands too. Also, I already have a bowl and brushes so I didn't really need the plastic bowl and brush in this box, although I have to say the brush in this is pretty great for a box kit. I think Clairol is really after the customer who wants to cheat on their salon color with this product, not the customer who regularly colors at home, because the price for the amount of product doesn't make sense otherwise.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Teachasl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is of such low quality I am embarrassed for clairol. There is no where near enough product to cover the roots and the product does not work wear it was on my roots.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/30/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by 2old4bs

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

There is not enough product included. It was only enough to do the roots on half my head. There were whole areas where it didn't seem to work at all--possibly because not completely saturated because I was trying to "stretch" the skimpy amount of product! But I suspect that was not the only problem. I left it on for 15 minutes, instead of the recommended 10. Don't know if it would have worked better if I had let it stay on even longer. All I know is I still have roots showing, even in the places I used the product!

All that work and the cost of the product too for nothing!!! Awful.

I have used Loreal in the past and will go back to it. Loreal gives you twice as much product and it works really well.

I am a blonde and used # 8.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2013 11:42:00 PM More reviews by JohnsKim

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have never colored my hair at home before and go to the salon every 5 weeks for roots, highlights and color. I had about three different colors in my hair, darker brown underneath, medium blonde and light blonde highlights. Then my hairdresser had a baby and I was going to have to go three months without color. I have no grey but my naturally dark blonde hair looks very dark next to the two lighter blondes. So with an inch of dark roots showing I needed to try something and these reviews convinced me to try this product. It did a great job.
I have fine hair and only needed to do my hairline and top of my head so I parted it out like the hairdresser does and I had enough product. I can see why someone with coarser, thicker hair would need two boxes. But it still is a huge savings over going to the salon. I have no issue with the price of this product.
You definitely have to leave it on for longer than it says if you are treating dark roots with blonde. I left it on for about 25 minutes after I finished applying it, which took about 10 minutes, so 35 minutes total processing time. It was still a little darker than I expected but it is seamless and blends beautifully with the other colors in my hair. Next time I will either use the 9 instead of the 8 medium blonde, or leave it on longer. Regardless, I am really pleased especially because I have never attempted anything like this at home and I was honestly a bit scared to try.
I don't know yet how long it will last so my final opinion will depend on that, but for ease of use, and overall impression, I like this product a lot and will use it again to maybe stretch my appointments to every two months and save myself over $100 in the process.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by LazyLittleLady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Gray hair runs in my family, so I got my first gray when I was about 20. No big deal...I could basically ignore it until last year, when a whole patch of grays converged on my temple. I finally decided to give this a try (I used Dark Brown/#4). I don't have gray hair all over, just around my face (fortunately or unfortunately!) so this root touch up was ideal for me. I am a hair dye newbie and this was very simple and easy to use. I followed everyone's advice and left it on 30 minutes instead of the suggested 10. The hair color covered my grays seamlessly and matches my hair perfectly. This has become my HG! Thanks again MUA for the great advice! (I initially bought the L'oreal one, checked the reviews and promptly returned it for this).