July 30, 2014 | 1478 users online

Hair Color - Clairol - Nice 'n Easy - Root Touch Up

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 7:38:00 PM More reviews by jennymps

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Very easy, works well and if you leave it on for up to 45 minutes, pulling it through the last 5, you have great results. I have fine hair and this has been a lifesaver for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/5/2014 1:46:00 PM More reviews by 3

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this is the perfect product! I use to hide my new re growth and grays just on top along my part and around temples. It so easy and only ten minutes... rinse and then I use a deep conditioner on all my hair and it's done, Love this stuff so much! Hope the never quit making it!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by EmiliaZ

I was very surprised with the results of what this tiny tube of colour did for me. I have a lot of hair. I bought the extra light blonde version to match my salon highlighted hair, and left it on for 25 min. It looks great! This will definitely get me to my next appointment and save me some time and money. Very happy with it, I just wish I had purchased two packages...or that the product came with more. I will definitely make this part of my in-between-salon routine.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2014 8:42:00 AM More reviews by prettypollyperkins

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolute rubbish - the only good thing is the brush applicator. For the paltry amount you get, this is very poor value for money. I could barely touch-up half of my approx. half cm roots and I have less than 20% grey. The directions tell you to leave it on for 15 mins if your greys are resistant, so I did. I bought the dark brown and my greys were ginger after using this. UPDATE: despite colouring my roots TWICE since using this product using Nice n' Easy (24 washes) and Recital Preference, the areas of my hair that I used this stuff on still looks 'hot' - several shades lighter than the rest of my hair. It is very noticeable and I'm really upset. If you have dark brown hair avoid this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by AngelaStalker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I get highlights + root touch up about every 3 months, but paying over 60 dollars JUST for a root touch up got annyoying. I decided to try medium golden blonde, it isn't a 100% match, but it will do me until my next salon visit. I have different shades of blonce highlights, so it really isn't noticiable that it isn't a 100% match.

I wish I decided to do my roots sooner with this stuff!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by spiguest

This is the best $5 dollars that I've ever spent. My grey roots were showing and I am so busy that I just don't have the time to go to the salon every month. Also, I find having a complete dye of the head when it's just the roots that are showing isn't the best for the hair. As well, the cost of a salon touch up is almost $100 - so I'm not sure why others on this review board are complaining about a $5 price. To me this is a deal!! It's convenient, easy to use, and cheap.
I now use the touch up once a month and will now go to the salon for the complete dye every 6 months instead. It's a win win for me all around because it saves time, money, and saves my hair from being exposed unnecessarily to chemicals.
Highly highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 10:02:00 PM More reviews by brucelegs

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Desperate for a touch since sine I had to reschedule my cut/color appt to a week later, I grabbed this while at the grocery stores. I came home and read a few reviews here on MUA. Now informed, I knew to leave this on beyond the 10 minute direction. I mixed it up, carefully applied to my icky roots and relaxed for about 25 minutes. After a rinse, light shampoo all I can say is WOW ! - best $5 I've spent - the color blended perfect with my salon Aveda red color. I plan on keeping a box on hand for just-in-case

rated 5 of 5 on 12/9/2013 4:00:00 PM More reviews by TheBoev

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I have used this product for years. I use their all-over hair color first, then 4 weeks later I use this root touch up. I have LOTS of gray hair and this truly does the trick at coverage. I do leave it on over 30 minutes as my gray hair is stubborn. I have never had a bad experience with it. For $5 my hair looks like a salon dye job, shiny, silky and not damaged at all. When I have to color my hair so often, this saves my wallet TONS. This paired with their all-over color is my HG for haircolor!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 1:07:00 AM More reviews by IsabelArcher

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got a coupon to try this product out for close to free, and I didn't have high expectations, but for the most part I was pleasantly surprised. The 6G Light Golden Brown was actually a very good match to Satin 4G Light Golden Brown. I was apprehensive of hot roots, but that didn't happen. The application was very easy. Just mix and brush, time and rinse out. As others have posted, there is not a lot of mix in the box. I had just enough to dab my roots and give a once over to the topmost layer of my hair. Granted, I don't have a lot of hair. Someone with a great deal of hair might have trouble getting all of their roots with just one box of this stuff. Full price on this product is really not a great deal money-wise. I can get a tube of Satin color and just use enough to get my roots if I don't want to refresh my whole head of hair, because you can reseal the tube on Satin and on some other brands too. Also, I already have a bowl and brushes so I didn't really need the plastic bowl and brush in this box, although I have to say the brush in this is pretty great for a box kit. I think Clairol is really after the customer who wants to cheat on their salon color with this product, not the customer who regularly colors at home, because the price for the amount of product doesn't make sense otherwise.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/9/2013 12:28:00 PM More reviews by Teachasl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This product is of such low quality I am embarrassed for clairol. There is no where near enough product to cover the roots and the product does not work wear it was on my roots.