October 22, 2014 | 1141 users online

Crème - Boots - No7 Stay Perfect Compact Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2010 8:23:00 PM More reviews by haikusamurai

As a woman of middle eastern descent with olive skin and acne prone complexion, my makeup holy grail is a MATCHING medium coverage foundation. This was it, in shade #40 Caramel.

Lovely coverage. Great shade!!!!

THEN MY SHADE WAS DISCONTINUED! WHY???

The hunt begins....AGAIN!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2010 7:52:00 PM More reviews by jaybe

I couldn't get along with this foundation at first. Like others who have reviewed it I found it patchy. Then I discovered the best way to apply and that made a huge difference. If you use the sponge to apply the sponge just soaks up all the foundation and you'll go through it no time. I apply the foundation with my fingers. A small amount goes a long way. I smooth the foundation over my face. At this point it looks a little thick and shiny. Then I use the sponge, thoroughly dampened with water, and blend the foundation. I use a patting motion rather than wiping it. This gets a really good, long lasting smooth finish. Then powder and it lasts all day. I usually need to blot every couple of hours because I have oily t-zone. I have had no problems with breakouts using this foundation.

I do think No7 products are overpriced in the UK and I only ever buy them when there is a voucher offer. Having said that, the packaging on this foundation is really nice. I love the twist and open mechanism of the compact and it is still in good shape and I have nearly used all the foundation up.

Since I discovered the method of using a damp sponge as described above, I have tried it on other foundations with great results.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2010 11:49:00 AM More reviews by sunniedaiis

I lurrvve this foundation!!! This is really really good but there are plenty of faults. It's really slick and you can just pop it in your handbag, but the catch on mine broke, so it couldn't shut anymore, it covered everything in my make up bag with foundation! Also it ran out quickly and it's really expensive so I didn't bother to buy it again. Furthermore the sponge it came with is really good but it used up loads of product. I'd deffinatly consider buying it again though.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2009 4:41:00 PM More reviews by roodswing

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had a very hard time rating this product.

This was yet another impulse buy that I randomly picked up at the drugstore one day. I'd never even heard of the Boots.

Firstly, the packaging is very strange. It looks like a standard compact from the outside but when you open it up you see that instead of a full size round application sponge there is a little cresent moon shaped one with actual foundation in the other half of the moon. It was very annoying to try to apply and blend the foundation with such a small application sponge. As I used the product I noticed that although it looks like it's a smaller amount of foundation it is actually deeper so probably has the same about of product as other drugstore cream foundations.

The actual product is fine...not extrordinary by any means but pretty much what I expected from the other cream foundations I've used...slightly heavy, opaque texture, but easily blended out for lighter coverage.

HOWEVER

While I find this to be a mediocre foundation, I find this an EXCELLENT travelling concealor for those longer days where you can't get home to touch up/re-apply.

Because it's opaque it covers dark circles/blemishes very well and as mentioned above it blends out to sheer quite easily. I tossed out the silly little cresent sponge and started carrying a 217se, which I find blends this prodcut out very well. I can just apply my Stuidio Fix over the concealer and I look good as new.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/27/2009 6:40:00 PM More reviews by RoxieFoxie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I have just finished my first No.7 Stay Perfect Compact and, even though I was reluctant about it when I first bought it , I have to admit that Im sold.

Havent been a fan of creme Foundations , after trying a few, and continued using liquid ... but I picked this up on a whim one day ... and Im glad I did. I like the texture , it has medium converage ( for someone like me that has a few pimples and acne scars , I really recommend it , does a decent job , especially after layering it on ) .

The compact has a Mirror and a pretty good sponge , which I like. I have fair skin and I think I was recommended a shade a bit too dark for me ( Blonde ) , but I usually use a darker shade in foundation in the summer, anyway. Next time I'll get a lighter shade tough , hope it wont make me too pale.

CONS: It only lasts for a few weeks for the price you pay ( £ 12 or £ 14 in the UK, dont remember well ). I will probably repurchase though.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/24/2009 8:33:00 AM More reviews by apricotmuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I first bought this when my skin was still fairly oily, and i liked it because of the coveage you could achieve (almost total) but it does have a tendency to look heavy. I stayed off it but I've recently come back to it and OH MY, i have discovered an amazing way to apply this.

First of all, My skin has changed from combnination to mostly dry (but not too dry). I've taken to using moisturising foundations much more now, but right now i'm big on The Body Shop's vitamin E tinted moisturising lotion as my skin is looking fairly good for the summer. This is what I do:

Any tinted or non-tinted moisturiser will do, but APPLY IT WITH A FOUNDATION BRUSH. Then, work this foundation on to the SAME brush, and apply it where you need it. the moisturiser helps the foundation to glide on to your skin and blends in perfectly, allowing you to build up the awesome coverage this foundation gives in the areas you need it, and a sheerer, lighter coverage where you dont. Then, powder lightly to fix (important!)
I have some break outs around my jaw which I can cover much better with this technique than with any other foundation or concealer.

If you've had some trouble with this foundation compact, I thoroughly recommend this application before you write it off as lost. (unless you have oily skin, in which case this product really isnt for you)

rated 2 of 5 on 5/27/2009 8:55:00 AM More reviews by PriTzOoO

Hmm...i bought this thinking it would cover my acne scars and occasional breakouts. However when i use it my face looks like a mask is on it and become even more oily. This is bad as it promised a matte-look "for hours". Also it cakes up under the eyes, really unattractive :(

rated 1 of 5 on 3/1/2009 1:01:00 AM More reviews by Bride949

this is probably the worst foundation i've ever tried... i purchased this in a panic situation after i ran out of my MAC full coverage foudation and couldn't make it to the pro store... i know i shouldn't be comparing a drug store product expecting it to rival MAC, but this stuff is bad compared to ANYTHING...

YUCK! it streaks, leaves dry patches some places oil slicks in others, gets all over my cell phone- its just literally the worst.

go back to the drawing board boots because this stuff SUCKS!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/10/2008 2:13:00 PM More reviews by mssash0816

Someone I know highly recommended this foundation to me and swore it was her HG. However, after trying it myself I found it's definitely not for me. The coverage is pretty good, does an alright job of covering my redness around my nose and on my chin. And New Ivory was a great color match for my skin. I just hate the finish of the product. It's very obvious that I'm wearing makeup, as it flaked in some places right away even on my oily skin. And I exfoliate every other day, so it wasn't dead skin buildup. Plus it made my skin look VERY shiny. I might try putting this on with a foundation brush instead of fingers or sponge to see if a lighter layer will help, but I doubt it.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2008 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Kitschiegoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product doesn't give very good coverage which defeats the object of buying it for days when quick make up is required.

On the plus side it doesn't dry skin out and would be good for someone who likes the natural look.

Full price is it is pretty pricy for a drugstore foundation (£13) but I got mine off E Bay.

The packaging is ok but could do with a seperate compartment for the sponge.