November 23, 2014 | 1903 users online

Polishes - OPI - 18K Ginza Gold

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2013 9:03:00 PM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OPI rarely lets me down but this one didn't suit my tastes at all... It looks so pretty in the bottle but its far too sheer to work as a polish with good payoff; you need a gazzillion coats of this stuff and then you end up all dented out looking a hot mess. Something definitely went awry from the idea in the factory to the combo of color and formulation in finished product which is a shame. I am giving 2 stars for the shade though as it is a very pretty golden apricot.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2010 6:44:00 PM More reviews by cyeung71

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

18K Ginza Gold. Pretty in the bottle but I agree, it looks more oragne than gold. 2 coats stll quite sheer and you need 3 to bring out the true color. It's kind of warm, orange, yellow gold color with a shimmer finish. I quite like it myself because it compliments my skin tone pretty well. For some reason, I just find most of the nail polishes of the Japanese Collection a bit of disappointment but not this one. I quite like a warm gold color. I have another bottle just in case I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/23/2009 4:45:00 AM More reviews by Ivytje

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Very nice color. It's lightly orange with a golden shine. You only need 1 coat to see the color, i like that. I don't wanna put on 3 or more coats to see any result. Very pretty, classy nailpolish!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/12/2009 3:37:00 PM More reviews by xmizlynnax

A bronzey orangy gold with plenty of shimmer. LE polish that is gorgeous in the bottle. Takes 3 coats to get perfect opaque bottle color. Too sheer with 1 coat or even 2. Lovely for summer manis and pedis. Definitely brings out medium skin tones. (NC35 for ref). Not a prowide brush but I still think this is a quality product. Would definitely reccomend this unique color

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2008 8:21:00 PM More reviews by Yushimi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great colour to overlay a bright orange colour nail polish.
I use this as a top coat over my neon orange from OPI.
I wouldnt wear this alone but that's just my opinion.
I would buy again but only for the usage as a top coat.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2008 10:24:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

In the bottle, it looked great, but it's too sheer for my taste. I had to use three coats to get the look I wanted. But now that I am wearing it, it has too much orange. It's metallic but not shimmery. Also, this bottle doesn't have the Pro wide brush that I love so much. This doesn't suck but it's not great either. Just okay.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/14/2006 7:33:00 AM More reviews by CountessDementia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must confess to being a wee bit disappointed with this colour. 18K Ginza Gold is from OPI's 2005 spring/summer Japanese collection, a very pretty yellow-gold with the barest hint of bronze/orange/copper undertones. Maybe I was hoping for a louder and more brash in-your-face type of gold with dazzling holographic sparkle but 18K Ginza Gold is a lot more subtle and muted than I expected. That aside, this is a lovely colour for summer and would look marvellous on warm-toned skins. I would imagine that this shade is great at enhancing tans too and would look equally nice on tips as well as toes. For reference, I have medium-to-dark tanned skin and although this colour suits me very well, I guess I'm disappointed this doesn't really stand out too much. The application however was smooth and easy, no streaks or mess. One coat is pretty sheer but two achieves the same colour as the bottle. Overall, this is a nice fun summer shade but not so great that I'd be motivated to repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2006 9:58:00 PM More reviews by Sweetest_Taboo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got this on sale at Trade Secret, and used it when I got my mani/pedi done before a party. I LOVE the color--it's such a great shade for Spring and Summer, and really plays up your tan, or any bronzer you might choose to wear. Yes, the first coat is sheer, but once you apply the second, you get the same color as in the bottle. I would definitely repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2005 8:35:00 PM More reviews by lohlah

I love the colour of this - the gold, the orange, everything! It goes on sheer-ish, but the colour is buildable. It's a fantastic colour, I'd definitely buy something from OPI again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2005 11:46:00 PM More reviews by QuinnBridget

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

18k Ginza Gold is a very pretty yellow gold shimmer. However, it is one of few colours I have found that do not suit my skintone.

Overall, I dislike OPI nailpolish. I find it chips extremely easily, the bottles are hard to open and keep hold of, the price at $6-7 a bottle is a little to steep when I know I can get a better product for much cheaper. If you really look at thier collection of colours, they seem to release the same 10 shades and rename them over and over again with the occasional diffrent alluring colour. Also, the colour is usually beautiful in the bottle, and looks nothing like it on the actual nails. I must admit the colour names are cute and clever but I'm not going to purchase the polish based on that.