September 19, 2014 | 976 users online

Lip Gloss - Bobbi Brown - Lip Gloss

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by reinabeina

My mom bought the rose gold one which I thought was so "mumsy" in the bottle and on her hand, but when she put it on it was so pretty!

It's a nice consistency that isn't gloopy or stringy, and the colour is natural with a hint of warm shimmer. Also, I heard there was some controversy regarding the brush, and now it's the doe foot applicator which is soft and easy to use. This gloss is moisturising. It feels a bit sticky, but it doesn't look it. It smells really yummy, like chocolate but it doesn't taste like anything.

Really love this and think I'll be err borrowing it from my mum more often. haha

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2013 4:27:00 PM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

one of my 2 fave lip gloss formulations. the other is buxom but i don't always want that "tingle". on me, this gloss does what buxom does, which is plump my lips and stay on forever, with just a comfortable lush feeling on the lip. i have pink beige for now which pairs like a dream w/ bb sandwash pink lip color but in the unlikely event that i find a need ANOTHER shade of gloss (i'm a real junkie), i'll be going to the bobbi counter.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 6:56:00 PM More reviews by NYCBeauty99

I have this in Beach. The gloss is a really pretty nude with lots of shimmer. If you look closely, you will see that the sparkles are so pretty. This doesn't seem to have much of a taste, which is nice. Overall, I like the gloss. It is a bit pricey though.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2012 1:10:00 PM More reviews by primadonnablue

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Quite heavily pigmented and gooey looking but it goes on smooth and lasts a very long time. One con is that it's a little tricky to remove and to properly do so makeup remover (like one for waterproof makeup) is needed. I have the 4.2 ml in Buff 4 that came in a trio set; one is a dark nude and the other is very pink (can't remember their names and I'm not going to go fetch them). The one in Buff 4 depending on how much is applied can look quite natural and overall this lip gloss is very long lasting even the small ones.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by racmal01

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

UPDATE: Bobbi Brown have changed the packaging and volume of their lipglosses which I have not purchased yet. Apparently they have increased the size of their glosses from 4.2 ml to a more competititve 7ml. That awful fray-prone brush has been switched to a doe-foot applicator *claps*. These changes will significantly affect my review of the product. I can't wait to try the new ones out to see if the formulas have also inmproved. The Brightening Lip glosses look rather appealing.....

old review below:
I detest Bobbi Brown lipglosses. I have bought three over the years and each time I get suckered into thinking 'Oh, they can't have been that bad?' and then when I try a new gloss I realise I was a stupid cow for being so naive.
Why do I hate them? First, they are too sticky which worsens during they day. I dont mind slightly stickiness but it feels almost gluggly on my lips.
Secondly, the packaging is awful. The product size is tiny and the brush has a tendency to fray. When the brush starts to fray it makes applying the product even more difficult. The bristles are also quite scratchy.
Thirdly , these smell awful. A very chemical smell which is not at all appealing. So much so I start to wonder if the product is just going off.
Fourthly, after all the problems with 1-3 above Bobbi Brown wants to charge me AUD$42 (don't forget it's almost dollar for dollar with the US at the moment) for the pleasure of putting this gunk on my lips. AUD$42 only gets me 4.2 ml of gloss. (Don't forget the Dior glosses are 6.3 ml). I wouldnt bother buying this if I were you, there are probably some awesome drugstore brands out there that would beat BB gloss hands down.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/11/2011 3:28:00 PM More reviews by christina75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have the Hollywood Red color in this gloss. It is a gorgeous color and has some staying power, but the tube is SOOO tiny...ridiculously tiny. I ordered it online and when I received it, I thought I had inadvertently ordered a sample size! Really, Bobbi Brown? For the price this size is ridiculous. I love the product itself, but I will never repurchase it because of the size. I also won't be buying any more Bobbi Brown products online. Not such a good marketing strategy for an upscale cosmetics company.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/25/2010 12:26:00 PM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Nice texture. Good colors.

CONS: Almost everyone, including me, has trouble with the brush splaying out and being hard to apply.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 3:52:00 PM More reviews by fergiefergie

Great colors of gloss. Small tube with big sticker price. Major design flaw with the brush as everyone as mentioned. Tried this morning to get new brushes from Bobbi Brown so I can use the rest of the gloss that is in the tube, as the brush splays out and becomes unusable in literally less than ten uses. The customer service rep was of no help at all. To make matters worse, the company designed the brush splay out like it does. WTF ??? The following is the transcript of my conversation with this useless woman:

Charmaine Ferguson: Good Morning, Leane. I have five of the BB lip glosses in the tube. No matter how carefully I try to re-insert the brush back into the tube, the brushes have all splayed out making it virtually impossible to now apply the lipgloss inside the tubes. Do you sell the top part with the brush separately?
Leane: Hello, Charmaine.
Leane: We do sell the brushes separately. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Charmaine Ferguson: Are they listed on the website for sale?
Leane: I am sorry, we do not sell the brushes separately.
Leane: I meant to type, do not.
Charmaine Ferguson: Major design flaw. (Check the reviews on Makeupalley.com) The lip glosses are barely used. Any suggestions on how to get the gloss out of the tube.
Leane: The Lip Brush is designed to fray out so that is may grab all of the Lip Gloss in the tube and not waste any product.
Leane: We appreciate your comments and suggestions as they are very important to us. In order for us to forward your feedback to our Executives for review, we kindly request that you email us with your comments.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 1:25:00 AM More reviews by chelab90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this lip gloss in Rosy along with Bobbi Brown Tinted Moisturizer and Face Powder all of which I love. This color looks great against my dark skin. I love it! I've had many TERRIBLE experiences with lip glosses suggested to me by MAs at the counter, but this was not one. The color is pretty pigmented and actually shows up on my darker hued lips.

The only things I didn't like were the brush as mentioned by many other reviewers here. It already began to splay after only two or three uses. I also don't like how small the tube is.

All in all, I would still purchase again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 3:21:00 PM More reviews by xpinkangelx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this gloss on shade 03 Petal which is a lovely pinky shade of lip gloss, not over the top but just a natural looking color which I think will suit everyone. Looks very nice, the only thing I would complain about is the tube is tinyyyy and for 14 that's very expensive. Also the applicator is very strange, I've never used anything like it before and the bristles are already getting bent out of shape and I only bought it yesterday! Other than that the applicator does make it easier to make a more precise application to the lips, though doesn't do that good job of blending. Overall I love the colour and the gloss too, it's nice and thick and sticky so will stay on longer. Though I won't be buying it again as the amount you get is just not worth the price and I'm sure you can find cheaper versions that are almost as good!