August 30, 2014 | 1664 users online

Eye Primer - Artdeco - Eyeshadow Base

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Schejtan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is almost as good as Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer and Too Faced Shadow Insurance. I gave it 5 stars nonetheless because it's cheaper and because I do like the packaging - it's very easy to get out even the very last bit of the product. I don't care much for the shimmer it contains, but fortunately the shimmer does not show if you use it with matte eyeshadow. It makes the eyeshadow much more vibrant and helps it last pretty much all day (if it's a good eyeshadow). If you find it to be very dry, you probably got a bad batch. I've gone through 3+ jars and they always lasted me over a year without drying out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 12:52:00 AM More reviews by bonita85

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Wow...i like this product. I found the product is just as good as Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer except Artdeco is much more affordable. It really does what it claims, the eye make-up stays on the whole day without creasing and when i get home from work, it still looks the same just like when I applied in the morning. It's a must have for everyone who wears eye make-up!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2014 11:47:00 AM More reviews by blairXwitch

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I used this some 7+ years ago and I liked it, so I bought it again last year when I saw it in a store.

It's still ok, but I'm giving it a low rating because the quality certainly decreased since all those years ago. After 2-3 months of use, it dried and became a sticky texture that it's close to impossible to work with, while I remember the older product lasted me 2 years!

I still have a bit less than half left and I'll probably have to throw it away and buy something else.

Not buying this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2014 7:43:00 PM More reviews by jinxybells

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I realized that most eyeshadows don't stay on long enough to last the day, so I looked for an eye primer, and the lovely people at Douglas (a beauty store in Europe) recommended this. It is seriously one of the tiniest beauty products I have ever seen, but boy, does it work.

I start off with foundation over my entire face, including my eyes, then use the ArtDeco Eyeshadow Base. You press your finger/brush into the teeny tiny pot (I use my finger) and a slightly creamy, almost translucent, shimmery powder transfers to your finger, which you then dab onto your eyelids. I also use this on my brow bone and a little around the outer corners of my eyes, because I tend to put brighter eye shadows in those areas.

Most of my eyeshadows are almost matte/satin, and so far, using this slightly shimmery base has not made the eyeshadows look extra shiny. If anything, it just seems to increase pigmentation, and has even worked with some eyeshadows which I thought were so poorly pigmented.

I've used this for a couple of weeks now, and I think it has lasted me about 8 hours, with only a slight wear down in shadow colour, and definitely no creasing/smudging of shadows at all! Lovely if you like putting more than 3 colours on one lid. It also seems to reduce fallout, which is always a plus point. Some of the previous reviewers remarked on an unpleasant smell? I've never noticed anything overwhelming.

Overall a good product to try, plus I think the price is quite alright (a little below 10 Euro here in Poland).

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:05:00 AM More reviews by marianagallardo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Pros: Super long lasting. You seriously need an oil base water remover to take off all your eye makeup. You just need a tiny amount of it and beca use of this reason is why I have this for a little bit more than a year and finally the consistency is the same as the beginning. CONS: this smell like man, super strong, if you are sensitive for fragances stay away from this. This have kind of a shimmery finish, i discovered that if I use a matte shadow, no matter how fine is the shimmer on this, this primer transform a matte shadow into a shimmery one! I cant complain or defend the little container because I always use a spatulla to despose my creammy products so they wont get bacteria. I will repurchase when I finish this baby (:

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2013 7:46:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

I got this from a gift basket. What I like about it is that is actually helps my shadow stay on a bit longer and makes the colours more vibrant. But then again: I use MAC eye shadows - they stay on well anyway.
What I don't like about this is that it's quite dry, and it's a little gritty because it has a little bit of shimmer in it. I like to wear matte and satin eye shadows and the shimmer in this is excessive - if I needed it, I would like to add it myself - when it's already in the primer, sometimes matte shadows don't apply smoothly, like they are supposed to.
The smell of this is like men's shaving cream o_O If I remember right, this has the exact smell of Gilette shaving cream for men.
Would I buy this again? I don't know, but I answered no. I'm just a little skeptical about the minor grittiness and dryness, but all in all, this is a good primer - I would recommend testing it out.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2013 3:19:00 AM More reviews by MissSarahK

I love love love this!! It is so smooth and creamy at first I was worried that it was actually to creamy!! But no it makes eyeshadow stay all day even in hot humid weather and you only need a tiny amount, I also think it is quite cheap considering in Australia you can get drugstore primers for $15 and I got this one of www.beautybay.com for $11.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/23/2013 7:26:00 AM More reviews by elie0904

I have no idea what's wrong with this product but it's horrible. I don't know if mine is just out of date (which doesn't seem right because i bought it 1 month ago and i've been trying to use it every day since then) or i just don't use it properly but it literaly doesn't do anything. First of all the smell is very strong which annoys me a lot. The texture of it annoys me too - it is very dry, it can't be put on in any way, i have to rub it on my eyelid and it still won't go smoothly. It also has glitter in it, which i don't like because in the end i end up looking like a glitter ball. I would never re-purchase this product again.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2012 6:56:00 AM More reviews by hestels

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this!! Works great for me. I have already bought this product again several times. On regular days it never fails me.

The only negative thing is the packaging, I wish it didn't come in a jar. As of the fragrance, doesn't bother me at all.

I notice that this products works because it kind of gets 'hard and dry'. You have to let it dry a little bit. Therefor I notice when you just bought a new one it's a little less dry and works less, if you just bought this and it doesn't really work for you, try waiting a little bit longer so it gets a little harder and it works better for me.

On the other hand, when you almost run out it gets so hard it is almost impossible to use but this is only at the very end. In general, I love this and it costs me only 6 euros in Holland which I find nothing for this great product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/18/2012 10:08:00 PM More reviews by stella0r

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It does what primers are supposed to do: enhance eyeshadow colors, keep shadow and eyeliner in place (the longest I've had this on wast a little over 12 hours - no creasing, and very minimal fading). For the amount of product you get, it's very cheap! I don't mind the strong scent, it fades fast. The shimmers don't make any difference. My only complain about this product is it could be creamier. I have to dip 2-3 times in the tiny pot to cover an entire eyelid. I hope it won't dry out anytime soon or I'd consider this quite expensive.
It's quite hard to come across eyeshadow primers with this price range, so until I find something better with the same price, I'm sticking to this one.