April 21, 2014 | 1506 users online

Highlighters - Bobbi Brown - Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 8:17:00 AM More reviews by bethvickers

I own this product in the shade Bronze. I've given it 3/5 because of the price (£32 at most retailers) but I was so pleased with it that for a one-off investment it's worth it! You don't need much of the shimmer brick, just swirl it onto a big powder brush about three times and using light strokes, highlight your cheekbones, nose and wherever else you want a bit of shimmer. The five different shades in the palette can be used as eyeshadows as well, which makes it good value for money despite being expensive. I use the whitest one as a brow highlight and in the inner corners of the eye. You could do a really bronze smokey eye with this palette as well, if you have a matte brown eyeshadow to hand as well.

Overall, the product creates a beautiful highlighted effect that really finishes off a look. I would definitely buy it again, I'm not sure which colours but this is a good one to start with if you're unsure of which of the many shades to buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/24/2013 1:21:00 PM More reviews by jmsk112486

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually own a couple of these bricks: Pink Quartz, Bronze, Beige, Nectar, Wild Rose, and Pink Oyster. I like the pink quartz and pink oyster the most because I feel that they settle less into my pores. Perhaps it has to do with the release dates? I know that beige has been discontinued and this one settles the most into my pores and make them very very obvious. They are pretty good value for your money but store/travel with them properly. KEEP THE SPONGE INSERT! I've traveled with mine quiet a bit and they've not broken. I also use these as eyeshadows too.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/4/2013 1:52:00 PM More reviews by moe5474

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Pros:
-fool proof
-light shimmer, rather than heavy glitter
-natural looking shades
-stays put

Cons:
-not a lot of color. if you're looking for a blush type product this might not be it unless you plan to layer it heavily.

Pretty great product if you keep in mind what it's intended for. Sure, people gripe about there not being enough color, but this is a shimmer brick meant to give you shimmer and a slight glow...it's not a blush.

If you're looking for a blush with heavily pigmented color you will sorely be disappointed. Otherwise, it's definitely a product worth investigating!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2013 10:23:00 AM More reviews by Cherrybello

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

It took me a long time to decide if I want to buy the shimmering brick or not... I saw my friend going to Bobbi Brown counter to try it out, and looked up the reviews for this product and the reviews showed two extremes, looks like you would either love it or hate it...

Anyways, I tried it, and I loved it. It's not over the top shimmery, and if I run the brush pink side first, it actually gives me a rosy glow. I don't know why people complain about it making their pores look worse, you aren't meant to put blush/bronzer near where large pores nearly always are (T-zone, triangular area under the eyes) anyway!? It is build-able, so feel free to stack on as many layers as you like, as long as you don't overdo it, still look like natural glow.

Love Bobbi Brown

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2013 6:19:00 AM More reviews by Ezxoxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Bobbi Brown Shimmer Bricks are very pretty, I have one in the colour Beige. They are very shimmery as the name implies, so if you don't like that this isn't for you. I find the finish of it very pretty, I dust this on very lightly and it gives me that great sheen :) You get a great amount of product, and my compact isn't running out anytime soon because you don't need alot of product to achieve that sheen/glowy look, I also personally think that if you apply more it will start to look veeery shimmery (duh xD) It's expensive, but it's a lovely product and it wil last you a long time. You can also use the individual strips as eyeshadows :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/3/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by brighteyes22

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Have this in Bronze. Just not impressed. Out it away and then try again, I'm just indifferent. Def not worth the money

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2013 3:22:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have mine in Rose and for my NW15 skin tone with my green eyes it's a great colour. You get a lot of product for the money and have had mine for a long time and haven't even made a dent yet. I like using the white color as a highlighter in the corners of my eyes and cupids bow. As a highlighter I use this on days I want to be more subtle. When I feel otherwise I use MaryLou but still will use this over my blush sometimes if it looks too matte. I like shimmer while I can still get away with it and this highlighter is perfect for days where you don't want crazy shimmer. To me it's a more understated glow and I like that.

I don't always want in your face shimmer with this it's a perfect amount. I will buy more in the future. This product is pricey but it will last ages. It's good quality and it also makes for good eye shadows with primer in my case. The package is kinda cheap but sleek. I wish it felt sturdier for the $$$ you spend. But I don't take it out because it's just too big and I don't want to risk it. So not a biggie in my mind. Love these though and recommend them as there seems to be a colour for everyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 10:37:00 AM More reviews by caztheblonde

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love highlighters in general, so when a friend was wearing this one night and I had to ask what was making her skin glow so beautifully, I was keen to try it myself. She wore the Pink (which is now discontinued) so since we are heading towards summer I bought the Nectar. I'm so glad I did - it's gorgeous. Very subtle colour and sheen - if you use a small amount it is only noticeable under light/sunlight, but you can build it, and the different colour bands mean you can use it as a blusher and highlighter and build different colours on different areas of your face. I use a large brush and swirl it over my whole face, then use a smaller brush to give a highlighted blush effect to my cheekbones. A little dab on the inner corner of the eye and the top of the lids and you've got a warm sunkissed summer look. Lovely.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by misseevie

I have the Pink Quartz shimmer brick.

The formula is nice and smooth, and gives a pretty, smooth glow that isn't too sparkly. The packaging is also gorgeous, sleek and durable.

My only criticism is that when I swipe the whole brick with a blush brush to give a glow to my cheeks, the comination colour that comes out is very cool, with grey undertones. I specifically chose the Pink Quartz as it looked warmer toned, and I was expecting a dusty-rose-bronze, but the resulting colour for me is still very silvery in the light, when worn on my face. On closer examination it looks like all of the shades in the brick are made with a base of silvery/faun.

Unfortuntely this cool tone makes my cheeks look flat and greyish if I apply more than a tiny weeny bit. I have noticed the same with a friend that uses the Bronze shimmer brick - her cheeks look cool brownish grey. It's a pretty, smooth shine but not an ideal colour shade.

Individually, the strips of colour make nice metallic eyeshadows.

I'd be happy to buy this product again if I can find a warmer toned colour that doesn't have undertones of silver. If you are going to buy a shimmer brick, I'd recommend testing it out on your face (rather than hand or wrist) before buying it, and get a good look in the light to check you're happy with the colour it shines.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2013 10:18:00 PM More reviews by E321

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Versatile product

I've had a few different shades of this product, happy with them all! They can be used for a full on shimmer or a hint of shimmer, just depends what you like. I use a little over a pink blusher because they don't offer as much colour as you might think, by looking at the colours in the brick itself. Great for eyes too! I know is classed as a highlighter but I think it works better as a highlighter for people with cheekbones. Not me! So I just use on cheeks. Doesn't need much touch up, lasts about a year used every day