Bobbi Brown Shimmerbrick Shimmer Brick Compact (All colors)

4.1

Caprylic/Capric Triglycerid. Zea Mays (Corn) Starch. Aluminium Starch Octenylsuccinate. Nylon 12. Dipentaeythrityl Hexahydroxystearate/Hexastearate/Hexarosinare. Isostearyl Isostearate. Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate. Talc. Sorbitan Stearate. Water\Aqua\Eu. Polyacrylamide. C13-14 Isoparaffin. Polyvinyl Alcohol. Bytylene Glycol. Laureth-7. Tin Oxide. Sodium Benzoate. Sodiym Dehydroacetate. Phenoxyethanol. Methyparaben. Ethylparaben. Proplyparaben. Butylparaben.

on 8/13/2015 1:22:00 PM

I would love to give this product a good review, but after having purchased it three times, I feel as if my opinion is solid. The first time I purchased this product I was super psyched, as summer was approaching and it would be the perfect compliment to my olive toned skin. Then I took one weekend trip and the jostling around in my makeup bag crumbled it into several pieces. It then became difficult to store and use as it leaked shimmery dust all over everything and had to be handled delicately so as to not send shimmer chunks all over the bathroom floor. Then I bought it a second time and thought well maybe if I package it more carefully when traveling and store it in a safe place it will last. Yeah...not so much. Within 2 weeks of using it was in a million pieces and the rest of my makeup bag was covered in Bobbi's lovely shades of shimmer. That was two years ago...decided to give it one last shot this Spring. Purchased it in May, it sat in it's box for two months, safely. Finally, I decided that I had learned enough to keep it intact. I put the new, never been used, compact in the bottom of my make up bag and carefully, strategically, packed other items around it, cradling it to reduce movement.
Loaded my weekend bag into my car, drove 2 hours to my parent's house, unpacked later that evening to go out to dinner, only to find the damn thing broken apart and well on its way to smaller pieces and a headache. Never ever ever ever again.

on 6/18/2015 1:58:00 PM

I use this everyday over my matte blush. This gives a nice healthy glow on the cheek bone. The texture of the product is very delicate. Before I only used the Too Faced bronzer and not use any shimmer blush, once I purchase this Rose shimmer brick, my face got brighter and my T-zone pop out like magic. I strongly recommend this.
The sad side of this is the packaging. The shimmer product is very delicate and fragile, so the tab colors break off from each other in the container very easily.

on 5/9/2015 12:29:00 PM

This is an amazing product. Yes, the price is a bit high, but the product is worth every penny. I've purchased several different colors and found them all work beautifully on my skin, which is very pale. The result if far lovelier than any blush I've tried and never makes my skin, which is very sensitive, flare up. I always get a lovely, healthy glow from these but never look as if my role model is the late Tammy Faye. I hope these bricks will remain a staple in the Bobbi Brown line.

on 12/8/2014 8:30:00 PM

I have been eyeing shimmer bricks from the first time I tried them on my cheeks. Loved the glow and the effect it gave me. Before that I always uses to think that these bricks were wastage of money and any other cheap product could do the same trick. I also tried the physicians formula version of the bricks which I returned as it didn't give me the glow I wanted. Then I purchased 2 of becca highlighters in opal and champagne gold which are nice as well. However these shimmer bricks give me that highlighted cheeks with a bronzy glow which looks good with any looks. Physicians formula ones didn't show up on my skin. These show up nicely and never enhance my pores or look glittery type. I have the bronze shimmer brick and I'm planning to purchase another one. Also it's a versatile product. You can use as blush, highlighter and eyeshawdow. Go get it if you are debating like I was for couple months

on 11/29/2014 8:16:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have this in the rose colour. I always get compliments when I use it to highlight. It is expensive but has lasted me for ages (still have life left in it after 2 yes). I want to try the bronze one next time I repurchase

on 11/14/2014 11:15:00 AM

I use the shimmer brick in bronze and I LOVE it. It adds the perfect bronze shine to the apples of my cheeks and nose, doesn't look shiny or fake. I have very pink undertones, so I generally avoid blush and use a bronzer instead. This product is perfect, not muddy or brown, but very natural and glowy. Gorgeous product. Very expensive, but I've had the same compact for months and I use it every single day. Lasts a long time because the pigment is so strong. Great quality and will continue to buy.

Yes, yes, I know that and you know that, so why bother? Right? Well, just to tell all those who still hesitate to go and get it! First time, the saler assistant applied it on my face, all I could say was 'wow' and 'I take it'! :-D I have the one in rose but may buy another colour a bit later. Love BB makeup!

on 5/21/2014 5:09:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Fine

I love the Shimmer Brick, I have it in Bronze and it's absolutly one of the most iconic and beautiful highlighters of all time. You can also create a gorgeous bronzed eye look with this, it stays put for a good while without creasing. You can mix all five colors together for a bronzed glow or use them seperate.

on 10/16/2013 8:17:00 AM

I own this product in the shade Bronze. I've given it 3/5 because of the price (£32 at most retailers) but I was so pleased with it that for a one-off investment it's worth it! You don't need much of the shimmer brick, just swirl it onto a big powder brush about three times and using light strokes, highlight your cheekbones, nose and wherever else you want a bit of shimmer. The five different shades in the palette can be used as eyeshadows as well, which makes it good value for money despite being expensive. I use the whitest one as a brow highlight and in the inner corners of the eye. You could do a really bronze smokey eye with this palette as well, if you have a matte brown eyeshadow to hand as well.

Overall, the product creates a beautiful highlighted effect that really finishes off a look. I would definitely buy it again, I'm not sure which colours but this is a good one to start with if you're unsure of which of the many shades to buy.

on 8/24/2013 1:21:00 PM

I actually own a couple of these bricks: Pink Quartz, Bronze, Beige, Nectar, Wild Rose, and Pink Oyster. I like the pink quartz and pink oyster the most because I feel that they settle less into my pores. Perhaps it has to do with the release dates? I know that beige has been discontinued and this one settles the most into my pores and make them very very obvious. They are pretty good value for your money but store/travel with them properly. KEEP THE SPONGE INSERT! I've traveled with mine quiet a bit and they've not broken. I also use these as eyeshadows too.