Boots No7 Intense Volume

3.3

on 4/16/2015 3:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I bought this No 7 Intense Volume mascara (in black) out of curiosity about how it would perform compared to my holy-grail Chanel Le Volume. It would have been a cheaper dupe if I found success (although still not "bargain" price given the mark-ups in Dubai over the UK RRP).

It's not an everyday-use product for me at the moment, so it's been open for a while. I like how the formula stays very fluid (compared to the Chanel Le Volume, which can dry out to its "default state" within a few days). For me, the fluid consistency is a plus as it helps pull the eyelash length on application.

Despite its name, I've found this mascara to be better at lengthening rather than volumising (but this could be because I am directly comparing it to the Chanel Le Volume). The clumping which other reviewers have mentioned also happens to me, but I'm used to that with most mascaras as I have very thin oriental eyelashes and often rely on clumping to also produce volume.

For the price point, I think this is a decent quality product, but I will continue sticking to Chanel Le Volume.

on 5/6/2014 6:11:00 PM

I got a sample of this mascara and really liked it so I bought the normal sized one when I ran out.

It's very volumising, as the name suggests, and really enhances my eyes, especially as I don't have very long lashes (sadly).

My only problem with it is it tends to clump if I put on more than one layer, so I almost always have to get out the eyelash brush to fix that. Also, I don't have the waterproof one and it doesn't last through even a few crocodile tears. As a crier, this is a problem :L

I would recommend it though!

on 1/7/2014 3:54:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This product is great for my lashes! I have it in waterproof and it lasts all day no problem with great volume! Highly recommend !

on 9/16/2013 3:15:00 AM

I got this mascara in a free gift when I spent so much at the no7 counter. I was really impressed with it and I have since bought the full size product, I find with a lot of mascaras that they clump or dry up quickly but I've had this awhile and its still great to apply, it doesn't clump on the lashes and it makes them really stand out. One grumble I have is that when you remove the wand the tube doesn't remove excess properly so I have to wipe the wand on the top to remove the extra mascara if I didn't do this then maybe I would find that it clumped on my lashes.

on 7/29/2013 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I first tried the black mascara but found that it was too blotchy and dark for me, so I purchased the brown/black afterwards. It doesn't really volumise the lashes, particularly the bottom lashes but it is good for applying for going out generally during the day. It doesn't clump that much and I normally use it just to darken my lashes, to give a natural look. A good masacra to try if you don't know where to look

on 6/19/2013 1:54:00 PM

I originally got this as a trial size version and liked it so much I decided to treat myself to the full-sized one, which at 9.00GBP is pretty good going for a higher end mascara. It's a very nice consistency - creamy without being overly heavy - and the brush is just the right size to pick up all your lashes without causing clumps. I think it definitely made my lashes look longer too.

This isn't waterproof (although a waterproof version is available), but whenever I wear it I've never noticed it drifiting or causing the dreaded panda eyes. It's also gentle on my eyes, which is important for someone who finds even Simple Eye Make Up Remover too harsh!

Looking at the Boots website, this seems to be available in black, brown/black and navy, so although there's not a huge range of colours to choose from, there should still be something suitable for most I think.

on 3/2/2013 6:53:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like No7 products in general and have used No7 mascara in the past. There was a special on at Boots so I bought Intense Volume as I have short, light-coloured lashes and need volume. I was very disappointed - I put on countless coats to practically no effect, either volume- or length-wise. It was barely different to wearing no mascara at all. On the plus side, the brush and packaging are nice and it doesn't clump. If you have naturally long lashes and want just a hint of colour, this may be for you but it certainly wasn't for me.

I like a mascara that basically just colors and this is it (I don't really see any volume from this product). Great, natural looking mascara. Goes on clean and your lashes stay soft, with no clumps. Lasts all day and easily removes with regular face wash. The only way it could be better would be if it came in brown for us fair skinned girls!

on 3/17/2012 5:46:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Bought this with the 5 No7 voucher and also using my staff discount of 22.5% so I got this for around 4-5. I'm glad I didn't pay the full price of 11.50.
I can't really think of anything that stands out about this mascara. The brush is pretty standard, the formula is average and that's about it really. This didn't really curl my lashes at all, gave a little volume but it wasn't all noticeable as it made my lashes quite straight and flat. I haven't tried the waterproof version which would probably be better at holding a curl but at the moment I think I'll just stick to my 1.99 natural collection mascara. Packaging is nice and simple which I like, not fussy and over the top, but doesn't make up for the mascara being average.
Would choose a much cheaper mascara over this one that'd do the same if not a better job.

on 2/28/2012 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

The color looks nice, it's light weight. But it's too clumpy and the brush is to large... you can't get in corners, and it doesn't seperate or make them long just clumpy and thick, but some people are into that. I will not be repurchasing ONLY because i prefer length and seperation, I don't like thick lashes. But don't let my opinion tell you that you shouldn't buy it, it's just not my style.