April 16, 2014 | 940 users online

Mascara - Boots - No7 Intense Volume

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/7/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Katesxox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is great for my lashes! I have it in waterproof and it lasts all day no problem with great volume! Highly recommend !

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 3:15:00 AM More reviews by Mummykel25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this mascara in a free gift when I spent so much at the no7 counter. I was really impressed with it and I have since bought the full size product, I find with a lot of mascaras that they clump or dry up quickly but I've had this awhile and its still great to apply, it doesn't clump on the lashes and it makes them really stand out. One grumble I have is that when you remove the wand the tube doesn't remove excess properly so I have to wipe the wand on the top to remove the extra mascara if I didn't do this then maybe I would find that it clumped on my lashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/29/2013 6:42:00 PM More reviews by Katch98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I first tried the black mascara but found that it was too blotchy and dark for me, so I purchased the brown/black afterwards. It doesn't really volumise the lashes, particularly the bottom lashes but it is good for applying for going out generally during the day. It doesn't clump that much and I normally use it just to darken my lashes, to give a natural look. A good masacra to try if you don't know where to look

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 1:54:00 PM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I originally got this as a trial size version and liked it so much I decided to treat myself to the full-sized one, which at 9.00GBP is pretty good going for a higher end mascara. It's a very nice consistency - creamy without being overly heavy - and the brush is just the right size to pick up all your lashes without causing clumps. I think it definitely made my lashes look longer too.

This isn't waterproof (although a waterproof version is available), but whenever I wear it I've never noticed it drifiting or causing the dreaded panda eyes. It's also gentle on my eyes, which is important for someone who finds even Simple Eye Make Up Remover too harsh!

Looking at the Boots website, this seems to be available in black, brown/black and navy, so although there's not a huge range of colours to choose from, there should still be something suitable for most I think.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/2/2013 6:53:00 AM More reviews by sorcha7420

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like No7 products in general and have used No7 mascara in the past. There was a special on at Boots so I bought Intense Volume as I have short, light-coloured lashes and need volume. I was very disappointed - I put on countless coats to practically no effect, either volume- or length-wise. It was barely different to wearing no mascara at all. On the plus side, the brush and packaging are nice and it doesn't clump. If you have naturally long lashes and want just a hint of colour, this may be for you but it certainly wasn't for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2012 8:42:00 AM More reviews by NotRichEnough

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I like a mascara that basically just colors and this is it (I don't really see any volume from this product). Great, natural looking mascara. Goes on clean and your lashes stay soft, with no clumps. Lasts all day and easily removes with regular face wash. The only way it could be better would be if it came in brown for us fair skinned girls!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2012 5:46:00 PM More reviews by AmieJean

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Bought this with the 5 No7 voucher and also using my staff discount of 22.5% so I got this for around 4-5. I'm glad I didn't pay the full price of 11.50.
I can't really think of anything that stands out about this mascara. The brush is pretty standard, the formula is average and that's about it really. This didn't really curl my lashes at all, gave a little volume but it wasn't all noticeable as it made my lashes quite straight and flat. I haven't tried the waterproof version which would probably be better at holding a curl but at the moment I think I'll just stick to my 1.99 natural collection mascara. Packaging is nice and simple which I like, not fussy and over the top, but doesn't make up for the mascara being average.
Would choose a much cheaper mascara over this one that'd do the same if not a better job.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2012 10:32:00 PM More reviews by alexaober

The color looks nice, it's light weight. But it's too clumpy and the brush is to large... you can't get in corners, and it doesn't seperate or make them long just clumpy and thick, but some people are into that. I will not be repurchasing ONLY because i prefer length and seperation, I don't like thick lashes. But don't let my opinion tell you that you shouldn't buy it, it's just not my style.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2011 7:08:00 PM More reviews by GillyTemple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm so surprised by the negative feedback on this mascara as I absolutely love it. I used to use Ultimate Curl by 17, but recently it started to make my eyes water so I unfortunately had to change. Bear in mind, I was doing 12+ hour days so finding the perfect replacement was going to be a hard task! I originally intended to get No7's Extreme Length Sensitive, when a friend told me she had an unused sample of this mascara. Germ freak I am, I still cleaned the brush anyway, just to be sure that no one else used it either!

I have to say I love this. I have VERY sensitive eyes and this doesn't make them water at all unless I have 3-4 coats of it. I'm very fussy with mascaras as I have long, curly blonde eyelashes and need a mascara to make the most of them. This mascara delivered what I thought no mascara could - I wound up with china doll-like lashes! I tend to use it on the top lashes only now as my bottom lashes are also very long, and when I apply mascara on them I look like a Lady Gaga wannabe!

It looks good, makes my eyes really pop, it lasted the 12+ hour days and doesn't itch. For those reasons I'm giving it a 5/5. It did smudge VERY slightly on the 9th hour, but considering how it fared against my usual favourite this is hardly a setback. My Ultimate Curl used to itch/hurt my eyes FOUR hours into the day, let alone smudge.

I have found my ideal volume mascara. I will get this again in the No7 3 for 2 offer when this little tube runs out!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2011 2:25:00 PM More reviews by KKAI

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is bad. It does not volumize at all! It just darkens and defines your lashes a little bit-but it is not enough, not even for a day natural look. Save your money, as it is not cheap and get something from Max Factor or L'Oreal.