April 17, 2014 | 1757 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Teddy Eye Kohl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Not sure why I waited so long to purchase this. I can see why it is such a cult favorite. Very versatile, metallic brown-red shade. Creates a lovely smokey eye when used as liner or a base. A bit warm for my tastes, but it's gorgeous and long-wearing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I was initially on the fence about this color after I heavily swatched it in store. Its translated as more red than brown on me (nc45).After seeking advice from a few MUA's once I arrived home they told me to go back and get it because it will look beautiful on my eyes. They were in fact correct. Smudged out this gives me a nice dimensional smoky eye without looking flat.I absolutely love it and I'm glad I went back to get it. It looks nice paired up with "mulch" eyeshadow and a nude lippie with a peach undertone.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by juliaisabella

I had high expectations for this product as in general I am happy with all the MAC products that i have bought so far. However, the liner is no different to any cheaper alternatives (e.g. ArtDeco for 8euro). The application is easy, but it doesnt go for a long time (I would use it every 2nd day). What is more, it smudges after a few hours even if used with primer. Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by gothchicz

I'm skeptical when i bought this because of the mix reviews. But i'm glad i bought this.
I used to use Majolica Majorca Cream Eyeliner in Choco Brown and i really love the color. Sadly Majolica one cannot stays on waterline. And then i saw Teddy have almost the same color as majolica's and immediately fell in love with it.
It stays for quite sometimes on my waterline, definitely more than 4hrs and it doesn't makes me looks like panda.
I bought this at Changi Airport with a quite reasonable price and i definitely buy this again if i ever finish this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This unfortunately did nothing for me. I have brown eyes, dark hair, and medium skin & this just didn't show up very well on me. I have to go with darker browns. The other problem was this made my eyes water like crazy when I used it in the water line. Maybe from the gold flecks?? I don't know, but this didn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say I was very disappointed with this product. MAC gets a lot of hype for its brand name but I have to be yet impressed with its products (tried its blush & lipgloss as well). I don't dislike the brand but paying $19 for this eyeliner definitely did not make me a happy camper.

It is very creamy and nicely pigmented but it has absolutely no staying power on me. I did buy this because it looked like a dupe to the Tarina Tarantino hyperliner in Puppeteer which is one of my favourite eyeliners (the line has been discontinued at Sephora). I do have oily eyelids but this barely stayed on for more than 2 hours on me and it smudged like crazy. For the price that I paid for this, I expected more from it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Teddy - oh how I love thee! I have tried to find dupes for this liner -- even going as far as purchasing an UD 24/7 liner (fail) -- but I will always come back to this. Teddy is the perfect bronze liner. Its color is rich, it is very smudge-able, looks great in the water liner and is amazing with blue eyes. I'm done trying to find dupes and will just purchase Teddy from now on.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/4/2013 11:04:00 AM More reviews by engee00

This is my 2nd purchase of "teddy" I have deep brown eyes and had always thought that this bronzey brown look wouldn;t really suit me. I was completely wrong... something about this color brings out this smoulder-y look in my eyes that I can never achieve with black.
I wonder if mac does a gel liner version of this? I'd love to try that.
I have no complaints about this product it goes on smooth and stays put for my entire evening...

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/6/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by Kb777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I always hated brown liner until I tried Teddy. It has a warmth as well as a shimmer to it that makes my hazel eyes pop. I also use this on my waterline as an alternative to black ( sometimes black can be too harsh). Creates a very sexy look. Also can be used for a softer, smudgey look.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/29/2013 12:36:00 AM More reviews by furiana

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I personally prefer cooler browns that match my hair color, but Teddy's orange undertones suit blue eyes very well.

This eyeliner lasts for 1-2 hours on my waterline, more than twice as long as the average drugstore brand. (Those last 30 minutes at best.) If it wasn't prone to smearing, I'd give this a 5 for that alone.