December 19, 2014 | 1267 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Teddy Eye Kohl

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 5:20:00 AM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I picked this one up as an alternative to black (since I'm always nervous it will look too stark on my paler skin and lashes). It is much lighter than I imagined so the effect is very subtle. However, the color makes the eyes look a bit more summery and warm. I like to pair this with a light, bronzey look.

Pros:
* very gentle, somewhat shimmery color
* can be blended/smoked out
* subtle accent to hazel eyes
* creamy, easy to sharpen and apply

Cons:
* cap cracks (fixed with masking tape)
* needs to be warmed up before use

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2014 2:09:00 PM More reviews by meglovesbeauty

love, love, love!

this product is a make up artists dream, perfect on mature skin, perfect on young skin and in my opinion could be used on all skin tones and eye colours!

recently I've been really into a gold, bronze, brown smokey eye and knew of this eye kohl colour for a long time and found that black with my brown smokey eye was just defeating the object so I purchased!

SO GLAD I DID! it's a gorgeous rich brown and I'm sure I pick up some gold in it too? it's hard to describe the colour but it isn't an obvious brown, infact it is very very close to black but when blended it is so much less harsh than black and so much more complimenting and natural!

My mum has always used a dark eyeliner (although never tried brown. she usually uses a grey or blue) but has recently been complaining that she finds very dark colours make her eyes look far too small so I brought her this for christmas and I'm sure she'll be so pleased!

I'm waving goodbye to black eyeliner for a while and hello to Teddy!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 11:39:00 PM More reviews by trixie_trade

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Amazing colour! Great for those who like to wear a lot of eyeliner but find black to be too severe looking. When I pair it with brown eyeshadow and black mascara, it really brings out the coppery tint in this eyeliner. Looks great on brown eyes!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2014 1:16:00 PM More reviews by dessertbean

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wasn't sure what could be so great about an eyeliner until I got this one. What I love about it is that it's just so easy - I keep one of these in my purse so if I've got no time and I'm rushing out the door, I just swipe it on really fast in the car, and I don't have to have anything else with it (on my eyes at least).

When I use this, generally I rim my eyes all around, both waterline and lashline, smudging it a bit on top, to get a nice, more natural smoky eye. It's not too harsh and doesn't look one dimensional, but gives a little sexy definition.

I'm Asian, I have a medium/light skin tone and small double lids, so not sure how it'll look on really pale skin, but it seems super versatile.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by carmelitta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this for about 2 months now, and it's a perfect substitute for my beloved black kohl.
It's not as harsh, but still gives the kind of definition I'm after.
I love the gold flecks that are running through, it keeps the colour from looking flat and boring. I use this mainly for waterlines and sometimes on 1/2 upper lashline to create nice and natural-looking cat eye effect. I think it's so perfect for someone around NC40-42,
it obviously looks different on a dark tan and pale skin, I naturally got pale skin, so I tried it after washing fake tan off, and it looked kind of harsh, but still pretty, so pale girls don't run away, it still gonna look gorg on you :)

A tip for longetivity is to layer it up (I mean, if you wear it on waterlines).
I guess, I apply like 5 layers to each waterline and it lasts me ages, sometimes
I touch up just once at the edges and that's it.
Totally worth the price & hype, and I just layed my eye on another MAC pencil - Orpheus :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by 2fab4ux

I love this product! It can be an everyday eyeliner or you can build it and smudge it for a heavier night time look.

However, I do find that it isn't as smooth as it could be for in the waterline, sometimes it just doesn't go on very pigmented. I do love it for running it under the lower lash line and on the top lash line then smudging it out for an everyday smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by RM077

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my everyday eyeliner as I find the golden brown shade compliments my blue eyes and looks a lot softer than a black which can look quite harsh. The pencil has a really smooth texture and gives you a soft, smudgy look when blended with your finger. It lasts well throughout the day too. I've already bought another one as a back up! It's a lovely eyeliner, especially if you have blue eyes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Not sure why I waited so long to purchase this. I can see why it is such a cult favorite. Very versatile, metallic brown-red shade. Creates a lovely smokey eye when used as liner or a base. A bit warm for my tastes, but it's gorgeous and long-wearing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I was initially on the fence about this color after I heavily swatched it in store. Its translated as more red than brown on me (nc45).After seeking advice from a few MUA's once I arrived home they told me to go back and get it because it will look beautiful on my eyes. They were in fact correct. Smudged out this gives me a nice dimensional smoky eye without looking flat.I absolutely love it and I'm glad I went back to get it. It looks nice paired up with "mulch" eyeshadow and a nude lippie with a peach undertone.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by juliaisabella

I had high expectations for this product as in general I am happy with all the MAC products that i have bought so far. However, the liner is no different to any cheaper alternatives (e.g. ArtDeco for 8euro). The application is easy, but it doesnt go for a long time (I would use it every 2nd day). What is more, it smudges after a few hours even if used with primer. Would not buy again.