August 1, 2014 | 1359 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Teddy Eye Kohl

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 5:36:00 AM More reviews by carmelitta

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I use this for about 2 months now, and it's a perfect substitute for my beloved black kohl.
It's not as harsh, but still gives the kind of definition I'm after.
I love the gold flecks that are running through, it keeps the colour from looking flat and boring. I use this mainly for waterlines and sometimes on 1/2 upper lashline to create nice and natural-looking cat eye effect. I think it's so perfect for someone around NC40-42,
it obviously looks different on a dark tan and pale skin, I naturally got pale skin, so I tried it after washing fake tan off, and it looked kind of harsh, but still pretty, so pale girls don't run away, it still gonna look gorg on you :)

A tip for longetivity is to layer it up (I mean, if you wear it on waterlines).
I guess, I apply like 5 layers to each waterline and it lasts me ages, sometimes
I touch up just once at the edges and that's it.
Totally worth the price & hype, and I just layed my eye on another MAC pencil - Orpheus :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by 2fab4ux

I love this product! It can be an everyday eyeliner or you can build it and smudge it for a heavier night time look.

However, I do find that it isn't as smooth as it could be for in the waterline, sometimes it just doesn't go on very pigmented. I do love it for running it under the lower lash line and on the top lash line then smudging it out for an everyday smokey eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 6:47:00 AM More reviews by RM077

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my everyday eyeliner as I find the golden brown shade compliments my blue eyes and looks a lot softer than a black which can look quite harsh. The pencil has a really smooth texture and gives you a soft, smudgy look when blended with your finger. It lasts well throughout the day too. I've already bought another one as a back up! It's a lovely eyeliner, especially if you have blue eyes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2013 7:23:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

Not sure why I waited so long to purchase this. I can see why it is such a cult favorite. Very versatile, metallic brown-red shade. Creates a lovely smokey eye when used as liner or a base. A bit warm for my tastes, but it's gorgeous and long-wearing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/19/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by beautyjunkie2012

I was initially on the fence about this color after I heavily swatched it in store. Its translated as more red than brown on me (nc45).After seeking advice from a few MUA's once I arrived home they told me to go back and get it because it will look beautiful on my eyes. They were in fact correct. Smudged out this gives me a nice dimensional smoky eye without looking flat.I absolutely love it and I'm glad I went back to get it. It looks nice paired up with "mulch" eyeshadow and a nude lippie with a peach undertone.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/16/2013 12:51:00 PM More reviews by juliaisabella

I had high expectations for this product as in general I am happy with all the MAC products that i have bought so far. However, the liner is no different to any cheaper alternatives (e.g. ArtDeco for 8euro). The application is easy, but it doesnt go for a long time (I would use it every 2nd day). What is more, it smudges after a few hours even if used with primer. Would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2013 6:57:00 AM More reviews by gothchicz

I'm skeptical when i bought this because of the mix reviews. But i'm glad i bought this.
I used to use Majolica Majorca Cream Eyeliner in Choco Brown and i really love the color. Sadly Majolica one cannot stays on waterline. And then i saw Teddy have almost the same color as majolica's and immediately fell in love with it.
It stays for quite sometimes on my waterline, definitely more than 4hrs and it doesn't makes me looks like panda.
I bought this at Changi Airport with a quite reasonable price and i definitely buy this again if i ever finish this one.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by misanders

This unfortunately did nothing for me. I have brown eyes, dark hair, and medium skin & this just didn't show up very well on me. I have to go with darker browns. The other problem was this made my eyes water like crazy when I used it in the water line. Maybe from the gold flecks?? I don't know, but this didn't work for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:50:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have to say I was very disappointed with this product. MAC gets a lot of hype for its brand name but I have to be yet impressed with its products (tried its blush & lipgloss as well). I don't dislike the brand but paying $19 for this eyeliner definitely did not make me a happy camper.

It is very creamy and nicely pigmented but it has absolutely no staying power on me. I did buy this because it looked like a dupe to the Tarina Tarantino hyperliner in Puppeteer which is one of my favourite eyeliners (the line has been discontinued at Sephora). I do have oily eyelids but this barely stayed on for more than 2 hours on me and it smudged like crazy. For the price that I paid for this, I expected more from it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2013 1:04:00 AM More reviews by ckb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Teddy - oh how I love thee! I have tried to find dupes for this liner -- even going as far as purchasing an UD 24/7 liner (fail) -- but I will always come back to this. Teddy is the perfect bronze liner. Its color is rich, it is very smudge-able, looks great in the water liner and is amazing with blue eyes. I'm done trying to find dupes and will just purchase Teddy from now on.