December 20, 2014 | 1097 users online

Hair Treatments - Wella - Regenal - Instant pH Normalizing Lotion [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by felgoj

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

May 2009
I got my 1st bottle of Regenal from eBay for $7 altogether. Now I know I can get it at Sally Beauty online for less when I run out.
This is such a great normalizing lotion that I use it as a regular conditioner in addition to after chemical processing. Most of the time I mix half Regenal & half regular conditioner after shampooing. Sometimes I use it by itself after a shampoo instead of any other conditioner at all.
It looks & feels thick just like a conditioner & smells pleasant. It detangles hair easily, so a little goes a long way. But a regular conditioner doesn't give me results like this!
I find that it makes my hair more manageable & cooperative whenever I use it. Whenever I don't use it my hair is more frizzy & funky (I'm caucasian w/medium hair that's heavily color treated). My porous hair loves this product. It feels fortified. It's shinier, bouncier, healthier looking every time. No more dead-looking, bleached-dry frazzled fried straw hair. I wish I knew about this lifesaver a LONG time ago. I only started using it in Jan 2009. What a shame my whole life was wasted without it. It could have saved me tons of hair misery.

Dec 2009
What a shame this amazing product is discontinued. I can't find it anywhere. Not at Sally Beauty, not on eBay, nowhere. Tremendous disappointment! But I'm not surprised; all the best products always get discontinued right after I discover them for myself.
This is a real shame.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I got this product based on the reviews here. It works! I used it after colouring my hair at home with L'Oreal Colour Match. I also used it after having highlights done at the salon with bleach. It smooths the cuticle and leaves my hair very shiny. I will repurchase. Available at Sallys.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by deutsch100

If you colour or lighten your hair a lot like I do, then this is a MUST. It is to be used after every colour service. It totally stops the oxidixing process from Peroxide. Shampooing and conditioning removes most, but this Lotion (conditioner) stops it totally. My hair is left shinier, softer and in amazing condition. It is so cheap too, like $5 USD, and Sally Beauty almost always carries it. I use it after my bleach and my toner. My hair is basically like Billy Idol (funky I know), but I love it white and messy! Rock on :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2009 5:13:00 PM More reviews by rallu

I used to love this product but the last 2 bottles were not as great. It looks like they've changed the formula because it is very watery and doesn't make my hair as soft and shiny as before. I couldn't even comb my hair last time i used it

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2008 10:03:00 PM More reviews by peppermintgirl

This review is for Wella Regenal Instant pH Normalizing Lotion. This wonderful product is a VITAL part of a chemical service especially if you value the health and integrity of your hair.

It's designed to be used after color, perms and relaxers. This product stops the oxidation (lifting of the cuticle) process in it's tracks. A lot of people think rinsing and shampooing is good enough to stop oxidation but your hair can continue to oxidize even when you don't want it too. Some chemical product can sometimes remain on the hair after shampooing as well.

This product STOPS any chemical action on contact. And like one reviewer before me said, this product is such a relief on the scalp and hair. As soon as you apply this, your hair transforms from straw to silk.

I was instantly won over with the first use. I do a lot of experimenting with bleach and color so this product is invaluable to me. I accidently overlapped some bleach and fried the ends of my hair to the point a lot if them were snapping off. I tried conditioners, cholesterol masks and everything else trying to restore it, but nothing transformed my dry porous hair like this did. My damaged ends are still frizzy because nothing can totally repair chemical damage but they are noticably stronger and the breakage absolutely stopped so now I can finally let them grow out.

I doubt I will ever have damaged hair again due to chemical services now that I know about this product.

I cannot say enough good things about Regenal. Everyone who colors at home should make this a regular item to pick up while at Sallys. It's only around 3 or 4 dollars. A lot of times it's on sale. So if you have a card keep that in mind. It evens out porosity and hair is more manageable and shiney. It's just awesome.

It says to apply to clean, towel-dried hair. Saturate scalp to ends wait 2-3 minutes and rinse.

My hair is so damaged I use it like this: Rinse as much of the bleach as possible out of your hair with plain tepid water. Squeeze the excess water out, gently. Then apply Regenal. After I apply it to all my hair I like to put extra on the ends just because they are the driest. Then I start at the ends and gently comb them out with my fingers working my way up. After that I take a wide-tooth comb that I keep in the shower and detangle all my hair completely. I let Regenal sit on like 5 minutes. Then rinse with my head upside down in cool water. Sometimes I apply a conditioner and sometimes I don't it's optional and depends.

And I sometimes use it whenever my hair is feeling like it needs some moisture. Even when I haven't colored in a while. It's a really pampering step in washing your hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2008 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Circusgrrrl79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff. I color hy hair at home and always use this after processing. I closes the cuticle and stops the processing... which is such a relief on the scalp. My hair looks great and healthy after I use this. The only thing is that this bottle is quite runny, used to be thicker. But it still works the same. It's only three bucks or so at Sally's. I highly recommend this after every chemical treatment, whether you have it done in a salon or at home.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/17/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by 67tempest

Age: Unknown Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well i started using this when i was a kid..it was my mom's she always had bleach blonde hair and it was really dry..she used this and you could see how much better her hair looked ..it really made it shine...i used to steal it and use it on my hair which was color treated...makes it very silky and detangles really good... i love it....the fragrance is light and not foul smelling... i think it could be used daily without worrying about building up...i have used it off and on for years ..the only reason i use it off and on is due to the fact that i have to travel an hour away to get it...but i love the product and highly recommend it ...if your hair is in extremely bad condition i recommend using loreal ferier after color conditioner..i use that daily and its great for extremely damaged hair ..just a bit on the pricey side just make sure you hide it from your kids..my son i swear searches it out and always seems to get his hands on it ...i have never been able to find a large size of it...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2007 10:14:00 AM More reviews by stellina

I've been using Wella Color Charm semi-permanent color lately & have been very pleased with it, so I thought I'd try to supplement the routine with this. It's a thick, creamy lotion so I'd describe it as a conditioner, and it really does what it says. You leave it on for 2 minutes after coloring (or a perm/relazer if you do that), then rinse it out. It seals the hair cuticle and makes it very smooth. I also noticed that there was barely any color run-off the following morning when I washed my hair, i.e. barely a trace left on my towel when I dried my hair - usually I see some residue, the amount varying depending on the brand. Therefore, I think this is also sealing in the color. I got it at Sally's, which is where I get the color, and a bottle cost about $3. Highly recommended.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2005 9:17:00 PM More reviews by Baptista

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this at sallys in a one use packet (though you could get 2 uses if you wanted -- pretty generous size) on sale for $0.49. I used it the way the previous poster did (according to KatDan's notepad) and the results are very nice. This stuff goes on really smoothly, and even my hands felt very soft and moisturized after using this. I haven't used this on it's own, but the combo of ApHogee followed by this is quite nice.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2005 12:58:00 AM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

excellent product! i use this after Aphogee for porosity control....i got this at sally's for $3.49 for the 8 oz bottle...smells kinda rosey...what this does is stop the oxidation process after lightening,tinting,permanent waving or relaxing...smoothes the cuticle and evens porosity.....hair feels like silk when combing product through and after it has been rinsed..this is definitely beneficial when u use this b4 u get ur hair done or maybe 2 weeks after w/ aphogee.....its amazing how aphogee + wella took away all the orange tones left on my hair by the stylist and it even made my blonde highlights BRIGHTER!!!!!.such a great and cheap find!!!!