Maybelline Clear Smooth

3.2

Price: $

Price: $

on 6/4/2013 1:18:00 AM

it does what it says for a very reasonable price. i have a problem with it though and that is it turns my face slightly orange over time, not to a bothersome extent but i can definitely spot it. anyway it's acceptable and i'll try to finish it.

I'm reviewing the Clear Smooth Shine Free powder foundation. I'm pretty sure this product is exclusive to Asia because I bought it when I was on vacation in Malaysia and I've not found it in Australian pharmacies. The powder looked fresh for 4-6 hours in humid weather, it evened out redness, did not cause breakouts (unlike Maybelline's Dream Matte pressed powder), and kept me matte. Note: I don't have very oily skin, my skin is more combination-oily. What I like best about this product is that the formula does not contain talc or mica or bismuth... or any of the things that normally give me a bad reaction. I would definitely repurchase this product. I like it even more than than TheBalm's translucent pressed powder.

It provides sheer to medium coverage and controls oil for around 3-4 hours. My only complains are the packaging that easily get scratched and the rough puff. I will continue using this until I find one that lasts longer, has better packaging, and has a softer puff.

on 5/1/2011 12:38:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I hate this. The color on the powder itself is not the same when you apply it on your face. It's actually 2x lighter. Though, I love that it has sunscreen and all but I really would rather spend my money on E.L.F Clarifiying Pressed Powders. :P

on 4/8/2011 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This is my first powder:) and I really loved it. in Indonesia the normal price is about 4 dollars and when carrefour holding discount it just $ 2 .

I select the first color is natural, but then I switched to the color of honey, which was more suitable with my skin is yellow undertone.

its oil control is not too great, but with non comedonic content which is very good for my skin is sensitive and blemish-prone.

by the way, almost 70% of my friends in school ever tried using this powder. and they love this too

I Love Love Love This powder! and its sooooo cheap! i use this everyday....it makes my skin oil free for a loooong time and believe me i have really oily skin...i've been searching for the perfect powder and i found it..this is the best..and it covers some dark spots and stuff...it covers just like foundation...and it has a natural look.

on 8/13/2010 3:27:00 AM

This review is for the translucent powder, and this is actually a love/hate product for me, I love the way how my skin feels after I apply it, silky smooth and shine free, but I hate that it does leave a white cast (I was actually expecting a translucent finish), even if I mist it with Fix+, I'll still look like a corpse for about 20minutes, I can't use it for touch up, and just like the previous reviewer have said, this smell kind of weird too.

on 7/17/2010 11:09:00 PM

This pressed powder is SUCK! I only use this about 2/3 times (i dont know for sure) and i 'm really really dissapointed! The smell is bad & no ceverage at all, makes my normal skin oily too! Eewww...Tolally BIG NO Pressed Powder :(

on 9/13/2009 3:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

this is the only powder i've ever used on my face so my review is just going to reflect my opinions on this powder without making any comparisions

1. price-wise, its really good. cheaper than the rest and doesnt use up very quickly

2. colour: i picked this up because it was the only shade that complemented my very fair, pink undertoned skin. it looks completely natural

3. its very light, and i use it everyday above my sunscreen. it prevents my face from looking shiny quite well

all in all, i would purchase this again!

on 12/11/2008 6:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Needed a cheap pressed powder for my backpacking trip, and this does the job relatively well for its price (about USD6 after discount). The oil control is okay, coverage is okay too. Basically a very normal powder..nothing fantastic. The puff is ridiculously thin though. This is very convenient for people who want their make-up done quickly (like me..I don't really want to lug along my tub of looser powder and big face powder brush on a backpacking trip), but not suitable enough for any other events.