April 23, 2014 | 1468 users online

Scrubs - Alba Botanica - Hawaiian Sea Salt Body Scrub

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2014 4:15:00 PM More reviews by prettydarncute

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have tried more than a few scrubs but the Hawaiian body scrub sea salt blows every other scrub out of the water. I use this on my legs that were so dry they looked terrible. This scrub not only made them look smooth again but the oil that penetrates the skin is amazing. Thank you so much for developing a scrub that not only delivers but is priced affordable. As a previous poster noted the packaging is not great. When you open it the oil is on top and if your not careful it can spill out easily. I purchased two containers recently put them both in a larger container so I can access easily when bathing.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this product. I have quite oily skin so I don't have a problem with dry patches all over my body. I only use body scrubs for shaving and fake tanning.
I've only used it once so I can't really tell how good of a scrub it is, but I do like the oil. I usually apply coconut oil all over my body but it can be a hassle as I have to wait for it to melt and it's very thick and difficult to spread. This scrub removes a step from my routine, plus it smells like lemonade.
I don't know what people are talking about when they say their skin felt like an oil slick half an hour after their shower. I can hardly feel any of the oil after I towel off and the remaining absorbs into my skin, leaving it glowing.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 5:03:00 PM More reviews by krjcmc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I didn't like this. It's one of those oily non-emulsified scrubs that has to be stirred every time you use it. It is pretty scrubby, which I didn't mind, but for as oily as it is, it didn't seem to moisturize my dry hands at all. It has a tropical/pineapple type of smell that fades fairly quickly after you use it. I was hoping I'd like it more than I did. Won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2013 1:49:00 PM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

If you have DRY skin on your BODY then you know body oils are holy grail products in general. This product mixes a tropical citrus body oil with sea salt! Lets start of with the packaging because that's what you notice first at the store when you purchase and once you get home to use it for the first time!!
-Packaging: Not the most practical for it to be in this jar since I does have oil floating at the very top.The good thing is that the oil reaches the tippy top so you can't really say they jipped you out of product. The first time opening it, it has a seal. BEFORE you peel off this safety seal, make sure you shake the jar vigorously and even turn it upside down to mix everything like a salad.carefully peel off the top and use the scrub. The oil will most likely spill over so what I did to solve this teeny problem was buy a travel size spray bottle for a dollar and poured the "excess" oil that was floating over the salt. That way I'm not wasting product and just in case if I need more oil in the scrub later, I can add however I want! When it comes to being hygienic, make sure you really wash your hands well with an antibacterial soap before just to feel good that you aren't contaminating it. (You should make a habit of doing so since this product has natural stuff which tends to spoil easier if not cared for properly)
-Use it on the less sensitive areas like the legs and arms first. Not sure if this goes with all women but my chest area skin is almost thinner in someway and if I scratch it or something, you will instantly see a red mark. So it's super sensitive over there so I wouldn't use it on that area. The salt however disperses out, not dissolves, but spreads out unless you use a ton of product at once. (I don't recommend doing this because you have to keep in mind how much oil you're putting too.Even if you have dry skin like me, too much oil can feel rather greasy than moisturizing. I also have eczema on my inner arms and upper inner thighs (it's like a curse you wouldn't wish even on an enemy) so I steered clear from these places even though it's a hypoallergenic scrub
-I did the scrub at the beginning of my shower and it didn't wash off anything but the salt. I usually apply oil after a shower or bath because lotions don't last all day for me. I didn't find it necessary to put oil on after using this. So this basically exfoliated and moisturized my skin at the same time! I LOVE this scrub.
TIPS- Stay nude after showering! Just to make sure that everything absorbs beautifully and that you won't transfer onto your towel or bathrobe..etc.
Note: I recently went on an Alba Botanica haul and bought a few of their popular items I thought I could benefit the most from. Check out my other reviews!! (I write an essay for each review :P ha ha!) I purchased all of them from iHerb.com which is a wholesale website for tons and tons of natural products like Burt's Bees and Yes to Carrots. check out their prices as well because they were actually cheaper than my local Walmart! If you do decide to purchase, use my referral promo code, FOJ790 , and you'll get $5 off of your first order of any amount total (or $10 off if you buy $40 or more)

UPDATE!! 2/24/13
This stuff is amazing! I've used it about once a week since buying it and it has cleared up majority of my exzema scars and stuff. Oh my goodness definitely HG for me!!! If you have exzema definitly give this one a shot. The salt kinda stings but that rinses away and you're left with smooth even skin!!! yayyy

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by babyschla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Are you looking for a scrubby scrub that leaves your skin a bit oily (so you don't hav to moisturise after)? Then this is for you! I love this scrub. I looked for a natural scrub for a long time that would work and leave me with some oils, and this is it! HG! Sloughs off dead skin and leaves you kissably soft with a nice citrusy tropical scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2012 7:10:00 PM More reviews by annahogan

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm almost emotional writing this review. This product has reduced my Keratosis pilaris (chicken skin) by more than 1/2. My whole life I have dealt with embarrassing skin bumps on my arms, back and rear end. This scrub hydrates, exfoliates and moisurizes! Very very very pleased. The Derma Doctor KP treatment is NOTHING compared to this!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2012 7:09:00 AM More reviews by beautyIndia

yes i am very inetrested to buy this produt for beauty....my skin is to be suffer form black spots........

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2012 5:16:00 AM More reviews by MsGolightly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love most of Alba Botanica's products, but not this one. Like others have said, it's really oily and difficult to use. I don't mind the large salt grains, but this is just a mess. I've used other similar jar body scrubs in the past with oil, and this was more of a pain than even similar jar body scrubs. I'm forcing myself to use this up but will not repurchase. The price is right.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by DecoDolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ugh. I want to like this because I'm always happy to find natural products, but this scrub is just... not awesome. It's super oily and the sea salt is really coarse. Sometimes painfully so. As someone else mentioned, it falls off your skin, It's really hard to use because it just... falls off legs and out of hands. Also the salt clumps together and seperates from the oil in the container, so you have to mix it around with your finger. Hard to get out of the container once you've used about half of it because then you're left with dried out clumps of salt. I don't find that it exfoliates particularly well, nor does it moisturize, and I can't use it before shaving because it irritates my legs too much and leaves a film (the kind that clogs razors, not the kind you can shave with). I've almost used up my entire container and I'm still not sure that it does anything good at all. I will be trying something else next time I purchase a body scrub.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Do not buy this. The salt is too coarse, keeps falling off my skin as I massage. The oil keeps leaving rings underneath the container, spilling. My skin feels too oily after as the blend of oil used is far too... heavy and sits on top of skin, does not absorb unlike weleda's wild rose oil which is rich yet absorbs in.

Half an hour later, and i tried rubbing the oil into my skin, my skin still feels like an oil sleek. I can't believe i used a paper towel to wipe the oil off... This is a disaster! If i can't find a use for it i'm going to throw it away.

The scent is however nice and "hawaiian".

+update: have thrown out after three uses.