October 22, 2014 | 1075 users online

Body Scrubs - C.O. Bigelow - Fruit Extract Body Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2008 5:42:00 PM More reviews by RatherBNaked

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I always keep an eye out for this stuff on eBay. It really is one helluva good scrub. I think what makes it so good is the fact that it doesn't just depend on MECHANICAL exfoliation, but utilizes fruit extracts that are rich in AHAs (but I'm not 100% sure so be nice please :D). WHATEVER is responsible, it has got my vote.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2007 3:06:00 PM More reviews by stars_and_oceans

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like this quite a bit! It's not too rough and it makes my skin feel so clean and smooth afterwards, which is what a scrub needs to do for me! It hasn't caused any breakouts or irritation, which is also essential! Love it so far... and it smells so yummy too!!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/10/2007 1:42:00 PM More reviews by ltiwdt

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hate to ruin the love on this one, but I just don't get it. It may just be me-I don't like scrubs where the granules don't dissolve. This is a a tough scrub-it tore up my elbows!
It foams moderately and smells decent enough, but it's not all that. I feel ripped off, and I got it for 75% off at the BBW sale.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2007 8:37:00 PM More reviews by kateee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is absolutely one of my FAVORITE scrubs. Unlike some mua'ers who prefer heavily scented scrubs, I prefer scrubs that are effective and that smell good without being cloyingly sweet. I don't use scrubs for their fragrance but for their effectiveness and, let me tell you, this stuff IS effective. Perfect to use before a self tanner. It will leave your skin smooth and ohhhh so sleek. A must try for scrub lovers!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/1/2007 11:11:00 AM More reviews by librariandiva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I have tried all types of body scrubs and this has the most gentlest, finest grains, almost like sand against your skin. The smell is mouthwatering and it has a gentle foam but doesnt dry out your skin. You can even use this on dry skin and it still gently exfoliates. This doesnt leave a film on your body the way most scrubs do. You feel smooth and silky after using this and the scent doesnt over power you and cling to your skin

rated 5 of 5 on 1/30/2007 7:20:00 PM More reviews by word2bird

I bought (2) tubs of this during the semi-annual sale for $9.75, when they're usually $19.50 each.

So far so good. I like that it's not watery, oily and does not leave the tub sticky. I love the smell and the texture is unlike any other scrub I've tried.

Excellent product. I really loved the Bath and Body works Cocoa scrub, but it's been discontinued.

I think I may end up liking this one better anyway.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 11:36:00 AM More reviews by jessikanikole

this stuff works really good, smells really good, and smooths really well. it is certainly a bit expensive, but it does a nice job. it is not one that melts while you are using it. it also does not leave you oily, just soft.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2006 4:09:00 PM More reviews by queenisabelle29

this scrub is one of my favorites. it has a natural fruit scent with no added fragrances. because of the natural fragrances, the smell will not compete with other products that you put on. the scrub is not sugar or salt based, so it doesn't melt in the shower and it creates a lather as it is rubbed on. i love this scrub because it leaves my skin soft and as with all of the other bigelow products, it doesn't irritate sensitive or dry skin. i will buy this again and the lemon body cream to use with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/12/2006 12:41:00 PM More reviews by shastax

The C.O. Bigelow Fruit Extract Body Scrub is simply the best product of its kind. As with all Bigelow products, there are no added fragrances or dyes, making this ideal for people with sensitive skin like myself. The product still has a fragrance from its natural ingredients and it's very pleasing, even delightful. If you use the scrub on a regular basis (I use it every day!), you'll find your skin to be very smooth and moisturized, and don't be surprised to see a healthy glow. This is also an excellent product for those who have eczema problems with their hands; using this once a day on the hands really helps to shed the dead skin cells that can exacerbate eczema, and its shea butter component leaves the hands very soft. Yes, this is indeed one of the more expensive scrubs, but you can use a very small amount for a surprising amount of coverage. My jars last more than 6 months, even with daily use!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2006 2:15:00 PM More reviews by pretprof

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My problem with scrubs is that the majority seem to use salt granules, and the residue that these seem to leave feels a little weird on my skin (it's the salt that bugs me, not the oil in the scrub). Because this one doesn't use salt or sugar and has very fine grains, I don't have to worry about that residue, or about the usual "shower melt" when you use a scrub in the shower. It smells fabulous and I love the fruit extracts. A bit pricey, but totally worth it - this is now one of my staples.