September 23, 2014 | 1955 users online

Lip Treatments - Neutrogena - Moistureshine Lip Balm in Pure

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 12:45:00 PM More reviews by namissaas224

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is more of a light lipstick than tinted lip balm.I like it though.I cant really describe the color except for its a medium/deep pink color.

**UPDATE**
If you plan to buy this,take the cap off to see what color it is!On the bottom of my tube it looks like a really light pink but then the actual color is way different!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2008 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Chloe1019

Love the color, love that it has more coverage/color than tinted chapstick. It is exactly what I was looking for. A tinted balm with spf and I dont even need lipliner!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2008 7:30:00 PM More reviews by AzureTe

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Basically, this isn't what I was looking for at all. Like previous reviewers, I was actually looking for something more akin to a tinted chapstick with SPF. This is much more like a lipstick. I wanted something with a little bit of tint that I could just slick on without a mirror. This is definitely not it, this stuff is way too pigmented for that. I don't like the look of lipstick (I'm a gloss and/or balm person) so I won't be repurchasing. The color itself does look good on me even though it's brighter than I like for everyday, so that earns it an extra lippie. I am a person who looks better in pinker colors as opposed to more golden. If that's not you then pass this color by, but if you look good in those sorts of colors and don't have a problem with a lipstick-ish texture, you may like this more than I did.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2008 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Gaijin

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hmmm, I feel somewhat misleaded by the name of this. I was expecting a moisturizing balm with sheer tint, but instead got a slick lipstick in chapstick packaging. Pure is very pigmented, and I thought it looked warmer and slightly more brown in the tube, however goes on quite a bright berry, which does not go with my skin tone. But color aside, it does not last long because it is so slippery, whereas I like something more waxy. I also like a balm that I can put on without having to look in a mirror, but am unable to do that with this because it is very pigmented.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2007 7:27:00 PM More reviews by womanwarrior

This is going to become my everyday lipbalm/color product... I am waiting for a Neutrogena sale to buy one for every purse! Pure is a sheer rose-berry tone, with subtle gold toned shimmer. I am yellow-toned Asian NC 30-35, and this is a really good MLBB, similar to BB Rosey lip sheer or Vincent Longo's Baby Balm in Bocaccino, both of which cost 3-4x as much and don't give as much color payoff. The chapstick type packaging is also a great plus, as it keeps the unused product clean, and doesn't allow the lipstick bullet to melt or fall out, a problem I have experienced with many a moisturizing lipstick. This is much better than Burt's Bees Shimmer Sticks, which have really garish, opaque color choices -- albeit better taste! The only drawback I find with the product is the overly sweet, artificial candy-ish taste, which reminds me somewhat of a Starburst.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/7/2007 11:35:00 PM More reviews by 867_5309

Ok, this is lipstick, I swear. I don't know why it's called a lip balm. In my idea, a lip balm has a more firm consistency, but this stuff is so creamy. It's like a creamy deep berry red lipstick. I can't stand creaminess. I thought this would be a firm product. And it costs $7.63 at Walgreens. Crazy. Wet 'n' wild has tinted lip balms for $1.99 that I am going to try out soon. Hopefully they won't be as creamy. I will use it though, just maybe one swipe on my lower lip and then smoosh lips together to get the full effect. Just too soft/spreadable/creamy for my likes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/29/2007 2:19:00 PM More reviews by allurexoxo

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Pure is a pretty berry tint, but it's a little bright on me. I really like Neutrogena MoistureShine Lip Balm's colors and the way it tints lips. I also love the SPF 20. On the other hand, the lip balm itself isn't that great. The lip balm's texture is greasy and oily and it isn't very long-lasting. Plus, it's expensive for a lip balm. The tint/color of "Pure" would be a 4, but the lip balm qualty itself would be a 3.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2006 10:33:00 AM More reviews by Uncle_Joey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

..i was looking for a pink/brown lipstick, and at the last minute put back the one i was holding on to, and hastily grabbed this lip balm instead. it's not the pinky-brown that the cap color looked like in the store--it's a plummy/berry/pink. but it's very pretty!

..i love the texture of this--smooth, moisturising, non-sticky, non-waxy. even after it's absorbed/faded away, it leaves a pretty, natural stain on my lips. this also makes my lips smoother and plumper. my flaky-lip problem is at an end.

..it's definately a cool tone, and looks very nice with my pale, NC15, cool-toned skin, blonde hair, and green eyes. i imagine it won't look quite so nice in the summer, when i have a tan. so, it'll be back to searching for a pinkish-brown. but at least i know what product to get, once i find the right shade! and it smells like gummi worms. :) i found this on sale f/$3.99 at wegman's.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2006 7:32:00 PM More reviews by cec4148

I am on my second tube of Pure- I wear it all the time during the day and sometimes at night if I do a heavy eye. I am fair with cooler undertones, and I think this looks best on people with similar coloring, who tend to look good in pinker lip colors rather than ones with golden understones.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2005 1:09:00 PM More reviews by kandy_rocks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so happy that I found this lip balm! It's perfect to have with you all the time as it applies with ease, has a sheer natural berry finish without mega shine and it has SPF. I have & will repurchase this shade and I have not even tried others as this is the best MLBB lip balm I've ever found for the money.