Kanebo Inner Balance - 10 minutes relaxing mask

4.2

on 4/14/2013 11:48:00 AM

I once bought this mask when I found it cheap. My skin really loved it, and did not make my break out or red/itchy as other masks often do.
It calmed my skin down and made it heal faster.
It was a sad day when I finished the tube, I would re-purchase if I found it for a more reasonable price (retail price here is around $100....).

on 10/18/2012 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I got a sample of this mask and I have to say I really liked it, perhaps more for the experience of wearing it than its actual effect. It glides on the skin like a dream, it smells nice, it is transparent and even if you leave it on for longer than advised it doesn't pull your skin when it starts to dry, in fact it still feels really comfortable.
I did notice my skin being softer after I washed it off (which is also really easy to do, no messy residue even if you only splash your face with cold water).
If I had the money and the interest to apply face masks I would buy it but I am not too crazy about them and never remember to put them on (mostly because I have ok skin and never see enough of a difference to justify the price tag that usually comes with a quality skincare product).

on 3/9/2010 5:06:00 AM

This mask didn't really seem to have any "relaxing" properties, but I really like it. It smells absolutely delicious and light. I slather on quite a bit onto my face and massage it in. It makes my skin radiant!

on 7/1/2006 11:01:00 AM

super tried a sample and broke out very much but my face looked damn beautyful healthy and wonderful and so good don't know what was going on that day

on 8/12/2005 7:53:00 AM

I have sensitive combo-skin and love this mask. The proper way to use this is actually:

1) cleanse skin
2) use a scrub (I like Kanebo's Silk Peeling Powder)
3) slather on toner (I use Kanebo's IB II) so that skin is still wet
4) apply a really generous amount of the mask and relax
5) wipe off excess

If I do it that way I get the most plump and soft skin. It's the way they use it when you get a Kanebo facial. Most days I am too lazy though and just cleanse my skin and slather on the mask and go to bed. I wake up with soft, pretty skin. I like how this masks rehydrates and is very emollient, since my skin wouldn't tolerate a heavy cream for every day use, but still needs the "oil". It has never given me any rashes or breakouts although it feels quite heavy. It helps with keeping away the dry patches I get on my cheeks. The mask is slightly scented, so make sure you get a sample if you're scent-sensitive! The downside- this stuff is quite expensive! You get a tub of 100ml for Euro 54.50 (here in Austria). I have a hard time finding skin-care that doesn't mess with my skin, so I am very happy I've found this and I'll definitely repurchase.

continued >>

on 4/30/2005 12:39:00 PM

I have expected more from this mask. It is not particularly "relaxing" as its name promisses and it is a bit sticky. I won't repurchase. I had Kanebo Sensai Mask and was not very satisfied and now, after trying this one too, I can say that I'm not impressed with Kanebo masks.