July 26, 2014 | 1812 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Estee Lauder - Take It Away [DISCONTINUED]

rated 1 of 5 on 7/25/2012 3:57:00 PM More reviews by shelbysahara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Gross. Burnt my eyes, took forever to actually remove just a little bit of eyeliner and mascara. Costs way too much, smells so chemical-y. I have nothing good to say about this stuff.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2011 12:27:00 AM More reviews by klumzyrose

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually just get a q tip one side thats wet and the other side that's dry and take it off and dry but when i can never take it off with just that i use this. It's a life saver. get a q tip and put some of this on and boom its off.
But sometimes it's hard to get it out of the container. My friend gave it to me so idk how much it was.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2011 1:51:00 AM More reviews by kathrynb23

This is one of the best eye makeup remover I've ever used!
To me I dont know whether it does contain certain oils or not, but this feels like OIL FREE! Not like Neutrogena, claiming to be oil free and the bottle contains half liquid and half oil that you have to shake together!
Extremely effective at remving my eye makeup and all my other makeup. Doesn't sting or dry out my eyes. I also love the scent.
Definitely would always repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2010 1:36:00 AM More reviews by chik915

TAKE IT AWAY TOTAL MAKEUP REMOVER IS THE WORLD'S BEST MAKE UP REMOVER. IT MELTS ANY MAKEUP INCLUDING WATERPROOF MASCARA! I RECOMMEND THIS TO ANY OF MY FRIEND AND ALL OF THEM THINK IT'S REALLY GOOD.

TAKE IT AWAY TOTAL MAKEUP REMOVER FOR ALL SKIN TYPES

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2010 1:19:00 AM More reviews by tigerlily1787

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thankfully I got this in a gwp and didn't actually spend money on this. First off, if I even get it near my eyes, it stings like crazy. What...I thought it was eye makeup remover...meaning it shouldn't make my eyes burn for twenty minutes after using it. I gave it two lippies instead of one because it smells nice. I guess I'm used to the lotion removers my mom buys from Walmart (meaning they're a lot less expensive than this crap) that you can put it on, wipe your makeup off, and be good to go. With this stuff, you have to rinse it off afterwards. You can find much better than this at the drugstore, even. Do not waste your money.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 5:16:00 PM More reviews by izzybella

This product is aptly named - after using it I want to say "TAKE IT AWAY!" because it sucks. Doesn't remove eye makeup completely and it feels greasy. As I'm rinsing my face I can still feel a film of grease on my skin that won't come off. I only used this because it was the only remover available while I was on vacation, and I definitely won't be buying it any time soon.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2010 10:16:00 PM More reviews by pinkrose838

very, very poor makeup remover. it didn't take ANY of my eye makeup off, it irritated my eyes, and the packaging was not up to my standards. suggestion - l'oreal gentle eye makeup remover. Or even extra virgin olive oil!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2009 6:50:00 AM More reviews by iceee

It removed my foundation and concealer easily but could not seem to remove my eyeliner and mascara very well. I had to reapply a few times which stung my eyes.
After my bathe, I noticed black residue under my eye. I applied more makeup remover and thought that I've finally managed to remove everything. However, the next morning, I noticed more residue under my eye.
Conclusion: It doesn't quite work for stubborn eye makeup.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/2/2009 5:14:00 PM More reviews by ace05

Only tried this as an eye makeup remover (which is what Estee Lauder says it is), and here is my experience.

My asian mother says it best.

"WHY ARE MY EYES SO SPICY?!?!"

...It smells amazing, but medical professionals would be concerned at the state of my eyes after attmpting to use this product to remove eyeliner and mascara. I've never had a problem with eye makeup removers before, and this one was massively irritating and burning.

Perhaps I'll try again to use it to take off facial makeup, and I'm hoping that experience will be better. However, if you're looking for a good eye makeup remover, keep looking. If you've already bought it and can't return, it's not bad to use to clean makeup brushes and smells great, so it's not a total loss. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 2:58:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

HG makeup remover, i was playing with a sample of the god awful doublewear that i just had to try to kill my curiosity and put it all over my face and then used this and it was gone just like that, did the same thing with my revlon colorstay and a few other foundations i had and my waterproof hypnose mascara by lancome and they were all gone from my face like that! I just put some on a tissue and wiped my face with it about 3 times and it removed everything. Love the smell, very refreshing, no oily residue afterwards and non irritating for atleast my face. Excellent bc there's nothing worse than having leftover makeup the day after and developing huge craters bc u thought u had removed all makeup. This one beats purity by philosophy bc i don't need any additional removers although i do use my face wash after. A staple product for sure.