November 24, 2014 | 1767 users online

Bronzers - New York Color - Bronzing Face Gel

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2010 6:12:00 PM More reviews by Alisoncool1994

It has a very odd smell to it. The consistency is really, sticky feeling , and it applys very runny. Also the colour is very streaky. I HATE THIS PRODUCT.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/9/2009 2:55:00 AM More reviews by KatieRose2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This bronzing gel didn't do much for me. I rubbed it in and it disappeared from my skin. What is the point of paying money for something that looks like you haven't even put it on in the 1st place? At least it was only 0.99 at London Drugs. I gave packaging a 2 because it wasn't horrible, but the product did tend to cling onto the inside of the lid, which then gets all over your hand and then the product ends up getting everywhere. would only recommend this product if you have very fair skin, so it will show up.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2009 11:20:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is amazing, I can't believe they discontinued it I can't find it anywhere. When I bought this and the gel came out it scared me. It looked so dark, but I tried it out anyway and it was great. It sheered out for my skin tone, and I believe it will give any skin tone a great bronzed look. It's not orange just a nice goldy-bronze look. The closest possible product to look like the real thing. When I have no breakouts I liked to wear this stuff instead of foundation because it evens out your skin tone. Great product and cheap $3, they need to bring it back!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2008 1:23:00 PM More reviews by slimting

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

LOVE this product. Is it still on the market? I did not see it on their website and I can't find it in stores :(

I feel you do have to use this product sparingly or you will look overdone but it is GREAT! Not orangey and gave me the color my skin would turn into in the Summertime. Plus you can't beat the price!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by tuffins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

OMG I love this bronzer. I actually picked it up for .49 on sale at Superstore! It has a huge hole where the product comes out so just be careful! I love that it just adds a tint of color to my face and it's really hard to over do. I have olive skin, and this definitely works for me. I love that it doesn't look terribly obvious or orange as most bronzers do on me. Anyone that says it doesn't show up on their skin probably likes the 'obvious bronzer' look. If you like things subtle, this IS the product for you. I will most certainly buy it again. I can see this working really well on arms/legs too as it's sooo sheer.

My gel bronzer technique; I use a contouring brush such as the MAC 168 and put a dime sized blob on the back on my hand. I swirl the brush through until it's in the brush evenly. I swipe along my hairline, on my nose and cheekbones/chin and slightly contour the hollows of my cheeks. There you have it - instant suntan which looks perfectly natural. I can see this working just fine with a sponge as well. Try it, it's so cheap you won't regret it!

rated 1 of 5 on 8/23/2007 5:40:00 PM More reviews by apocalypso

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

I really wanted this product to work out based on all of the positive reviews on here, but it does not show up at all on my skin. I applied one side of my face with the gel and left the other side without. There is no appreciable difference between the two. Yes it is cheap, but that shouldn't be taken into consideration because it didn't show up at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/22/2007 10:20:00 PM More reviews by kookoo4mike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this bronzing due to the great reviews I read below, But on my light/medium asian skin, it made me look like I got a sunburn and not a suntan! My face turned burgandy. Oh well...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2007 6:51:00 PM More reviews by jkpetite

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

they need to have something higher than 5 :-) after getting a recommendation for this on another board, i went out and got it. it's less than $3 and it is amazing. i am fair but i like having a bit of a bronze glow and this gives me that hint of color i like. it's very light and blends very easily. there's no shimmer, which i love, and my skin has been accepting to it (not easy, i was waiting for a breakout from it). i will stay stocked up on this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/19/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by kimball

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would never have tried this without the great reviews,as my gel bronzer experiences in the past made me skeptical. However, I recently stopped putting self tanner on my face, since years of doing that seemed to be making my skin blotchy all the time. I am still tanning my body, though, so I needed to make my neck & face close in color. This gel is wonderful for that. As others have pointed out, it has no shimmer, and blends beautifully. I like that is just gives a healthy look, not "brown" so much as just a touch of color. I think it could work on pale skin, though even without the self tanner I'm not super light skinned. I use it after moisturizing and before everything else. I'm thinking it might not show up much on someone with fairly dark skin, it is very light on me, but you could possibly use more if your skin is a bit darker.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2007 1:02:00 AM More reviews by companionedition

i have been searching for a gel bronzer for my face for the summer - powder bronzers never seem to last on my skin, and i hate using self-tanner on my face (it always seems to peel off - gross!). this stuff was exactly what i was looking for! inexpensive, pretty easy to use, and natural-looking, even on my pale skin. definitely a repurchase!