Boots No7 Moisture Drench Lipstick

4.1

INGREDIENTS (source: cosmeticsdatabase.com): Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil; Ethylhexyl Palmitate; Polyethylene; Octyldodecanol; Lanolin; Cera Microcristallina (Microcrystalline Wax); Polybutene; Polydecene; Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil; Lecithin; Tocopheryl Acetate; Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter); Cholesterol; Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Oil; Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil; Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil); Diisopropyl Dimer Dilinoleate; Panthenol; C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters; Silica; Retinyl Palmitate; Dunaliella Salina Extract; BHT; Ceramide 3; Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract; Tocopherol; Butylparaben; [ /- (May Contain) CI 15850 (Red 7 Lake); CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide); CI 77491 (Iron Oxides); CI 77499 (Iron Oxides); CI 19140 (Yellow 5 Lake); CI 15850 (Red 6); CI 75470 (Carmine)].

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

I used the match made service they have here in the uk (not sure if they do this else where!) and went a bit over board and bought 4 moisture drench lipsticks from my chart (buy one get one half price) - soft tulip, rose berry, soft cherry and ginger rose! First things first I love all the colours I think the match made service works well and all the colours do really suit me. However, I find the formula a little difficult to get on with meaning I havnt worn them anywhere near as much as I'd like to. I also found the formula varies quite significantly between shade - soft tulip in particular I actually find unwearable! It just doesn't go on very well, drys my lips out and the colour pretty much comes straight off! It seemed to be very different to the others so I dont know if it was perhaps a faulty one but it was just awful! The others are a little better, they are moisturising to the point where they are a little greasy and I find myself reapplying every half hour to keep the colour. Il use the ones I have but I don't think I will try more colours from no.7

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I work at the MAC counter in the city, so I know good quality and quantity cosmetics, so. It, makes my lips pop, like a kiss. The colour is complementary nto my skin tone shade very cool tone. I use dark cranberry-plum, A coating or two is alI I need, very satin-ey. Moisturizing, yes, drenching cool name, What a great brand from boots! I just picked a a few shades at my local Duane Reade, looking forward to some more, better than Loreal, but Stila is better quantity and quality. No comparison. Boots cosmetcs is real cover-up beauty work of art here. Master piece, foundation and primer. New favy brand- the Bare Escentuals. (Bare Minerals) is my number one favy on the top. Boots lipstick fragrance amnd smells are awesome, wanting more products, I have to re-apply after supper and meakls. Awsome plumping effects I notice, I use lipliner from Loreal or Revlon over it whoever nrand suits my mood for that day of course a matching colour to the boots lipsticks. I will buy again without a doubt definately in a few days........!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Boots currently have an 80th aniversary gift set, which you get when you buy two products in the No 7 makeup range. It includes a Moisture Drench lipstick in the colour of your choice. Unfortunately I didnt really like any of the colours in this range. There seems to be a lot of variation between the colour on the base of the tube and the actual lipstick - what looks like a nice coral or peach is actually a garish orange.

I chose the shade Pink Lemonade, which is just a slightly pearlised light pink shade, itwould suit anybody and be fine for everyday wear. Neither too matte nor too pearlised. It feels very moisturing. I don't know if it would make your lips dry after repeated applications, but it's OK, nothing special.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased this lipstick in the shade mulberry and i absolutely adore it. Its the perfect shade for my pale skin when i wanna look done up. Find this lipstick gives my lips a nice color its not too intense or not too sheer it's somewhere in between. I tend to have very dry lips and i find this lipstick adds a nice amount of moisture back into my lips. It does however come off your from the centre outwards this in turn can leave your lips badly over drawn. I use this lipstick when i'm out can get to a mirror regularly. But if it can't get to a mirror it's definitely a lipstick i tend to stay away from.

I purchased several lipsticks in the No7 range when Target started carrying the Boots' product range. I've thoroughly enjoyed the Stay Perfect for their color, although they don't stay as much as I'd like. I've enjoyed the Mineral lipsticks for staying put. I've enjoyed the Moisture Drench for, as stated, being quite moisturizing and not drying out my lips.

My one complaint, however, is that (like so many other cosmetics I enjoy) they changed something about it: the packaging. The old tube, as pictured in this review, was quite sturdy. Then they changed it; the shape remains the same, but the size is a tiny bit smaller, with a thin silver-colored barrel as opposed to a sturdier gold-colored barrel. Now, both the plastic and metal portions of the barrel are much thinner and cheaper feeling. The tube doesn't rotate smoothly and seems to "catch" on some part of the mechanism. It feels less sturdy and is not nearly as pleasant to use. And the kicker is, I could see them adjusting their packaging to save money but it's just as expensive! Even Revlon or Maybelline have better packaging, and they cost only about half as much! I may end up going back to them when I run out of lipstick, if only because of the better packaging and because they are readily available, where Boots USA seems to have discontinued most/all of their lipsticks and they can no longer be found at Target. I had to order several online, when I was trying to find older stock.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This is my favourite lipstick, i have the colour Blush and i have already bought a backup. It has a really nice creamy texture with plenty of moisture. The lipstick does not settle into any lines or cracks and keeps pigmentation all day. It can apply sheer or can be built up for maximal pigmentation

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have the colour blush and this is my holy grail lipstick. Nice texture moisturising there's no bad smell or taste and a nice finish

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

nice lipstick smooth and great colour

Eyes: Violet

I like this alot, the colors available will suit many skintones, the color does not chap my lips like many lipstick brands out there tend to to. Not saying you can omit lip balm or lipglss for this but if you have this on your lips wont be chapped or peeling with the hour. In this cold weather I am so happy I found this lipstick.

I'm not normally a huge lipstick fan as I like to keep my lips natural but in a free gift set there was a moisture drench lipstick in the shade Mulberry. Its a lovely deep berry colour which is subtle and it stays!

Recommended for Medium Skin