April 20, 2014 | 1811 users online

Powder - Milani - Even-Tone Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 8:23:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

This is a good powder fdn. for normal or oily skin, however, I use it on my oily T zone only, the rest of the face is just too dry for powder, any powder for that matter. As good as this is, and the price is so reasonable, I don't see much difference between this and the Milani Multitasker.
A fair warning: Milani came out with some new shades recently, since I bought it online and no way of looking at the product beforehand, #11 Golden Beige is neither golden nor yellow nor a medium yellow beige shade at all, it is a light pinky beige shade. So, buyers' beware.
#3 Natural and #4 Beige is a good match for my NC 30-35 skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/13/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by xmarisanx

I love this to an extent, shell is a great color and sometimes I have problems with an oily face..I use a bit of liquid foundation with this powder as a touch up. It's impressive, maybe I should try more Milani products! I say 4.5 stars

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:01:00 AM More reviews by 43emz

I love this powder foundation, its the best one there is, I order it from Amazon as its not sold here in the UK. I always use the lightest shade "Shell" and it looks so flawless, if I want a heavier coverage I use the sponge that is hidden in the bottom of it and if I want a lighter look I use my Bare Minerals foundation brush. I have oily skin and this powder foundation doesn't cake or highlight any dry patches, it is buildable and it soaks up oil well although I still need to use a separate powder after a few hours (cornsilk) to blot oil that comes through. The colour match is spot on for my pale skin and I love the flawless look it gives, hiding the pores and blurring the skin, very clever. It doesn't quite laste a full day but can be reapplied with no caking, it hides blemishes well but if I have any big spots I'll use my usual Veil cover cream. For amazing long lasting results use over the top of Stila Perfect & Protect foundation as this gives a completely air brushed but natural look & hides all blemishes, discolouration e.t.c.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2014 11:17:00 PM More reviews by morganbacc

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love Love Love Love.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/12/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The trouble i find with Milani is that not all the colors and products are available at my drugstores. =( So the next purchase will have to be online, and i can only HOPE it's a better color match.
*So i rated this a 3 for now but would really like to see if another color would improve my perception. Milani's description calls this a "lightweight powder, with the full-color coverage (notice it's for color only coverage) and wear of a liquid foundation." I guess I'd have to agree but it just didn't meet my needs.
*I bought the very yellow toned color of Fresco and it turns my pale brown-olive skintone a darker orange. ( I think this powder color is not a true yellow but more of a peachy tone with a little bit of yellows. ) To be fair, I did try to use this as a *foundation* and not just a finishing powder, so my application was heavy.
*It is also very hard to get any product onto a synthetic brush. I have one natural hair blush brush that I bought years ago, before I realized I didn't want to support that kind of industry, and the powder picks up better with that.
*It goes on very sheer and gives me little to no coverage (scars, blotchy, acne, etc), but the upside is you can't see there's powder sitting on your skin.
The packaging is really pretty and pleasant to leave lying around on a desk or something, lol.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by anhlypham

I use this powder to set my foundation or bb cream. And it sets like a dream! It makes my skin look "alive" after I apply this. Because sometimes my foundation, especially my bb cream, may be on the lighter side, the yellow tones in this powder makes my skin really natural. My favorite way to apply this is with ELF kabuki brush. I like to pat it onto my skin instead of brushing it on. If you're using very light coverage foundation or tinted moisturizer, this powder could add a little more coverage without being cakey.It evens everything out and it does not accentuate my sometimes flaky skin (although I have oily skin). I use the color fresco, which I believe I am NC25-30. I find it to last pretty well throughout the day. You may need to touch up a little, but I'm the kind of person that only does their makeup once in the morning and that's the end of it.

I'm on my third one and I'm still loving its silky finely milled formula!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by wendigrl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use this as a setting powder. I like it a lot. Its a little darker than I need so I'm going to get the next shade lighter. As just a powder foundation by itself its decent. It has its limitations obviously but I think it still works okay for what it is-a powder. My skintone is uneven and after an hour it all shows through when I use this alone. Haven't tried it with a primer though.... Overall I'm pleased with it. Its easy to find, affordable and versatile. Definitely got my money's worth. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by xthebeautyangelx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

So I recently repurchased this product today. I love if so much that I hit pan!! Also when I say I hit pan I mean I literally scrapped out every last bit of it until there was only pan left! I love this so much I have oily skin but it not bad at all over my cover girl 3 in 1 liquid foundation which keeps me matte throughout the day and with the powder it gives me a flawless,fresh, clean look. They color I have is natural tan and it fit my tan skin tone perfectly considered I'm mixed with Scottish,Puerto Rican, and Jamaican. It may be very hard finding a color for fair or dark skinned tones, but over all I cannot live without this product. I'm thinking about king out and buying another just incase they discontinue it. They retail for about $11.79 at my local drug store.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by AgentMakeup007

It's compact and nice for a light touch up during the day. Controls oilyness and sets just about any liquid foundation. It gives a matte finish, which I love. However, I wouldn't call it a foundation since it is not that pigmented and it wouldn't serve the purpose of covering acne scars or any problem areas on the face. It depends, always, on how blessed you are naturally. Oh, another thing, I found that, if used too regularly, it can be extra drying for your skin, so, never forget the moisturizer.
Overall, good product! (y)

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

I love this! But not as a foundation (it doesnt have enough coverage for that) but a setting and touching up powder! It keeps me matte nearly all day! They have a lot of colors and it has amazing packaging which is great for carrying in your purse!