November 23, 2014 | 1963 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Philosophy - Hope in a Tube - High Density Eye and Lip Firming Cream

rated 1 of 5 on 12/25/2013 2:32:00 AM More reviews by AnEnglishRose

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

EDIT: I'm pretty sure I'm allergic to this little guy. While I loved the plumping effect it had on my lips, I wasn't too happy with the puffiness it caused under my eyes -- especially when I bought this to combat the puffiness I already had. What a rip off!

----------------

Weird texture! Tacky and thick, but a little goes a long way. I've noticed putting a dot of this cream over the skin above/on my upper lip seems to plump my lips a little - which is a great unexpected perk. I haven't noticed much difference with my eyes when wearing this product, but I'll edit my review if/when I do.

I gave this a good rating because it seems to plump my skin/lips and I like the effect.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/8/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by beth1234

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I don't know what all the hype around this product is for. I was looking for a nice thick eye cream and to me this was thin. I felt it did nothing for me and it was a waste of money ($40+). I didn't even finish the whole bottle. I am currently looking for one of my friends to pawn it off on.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 2:45:00 AM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

If all you're looking for is pure hydration, then run out to the Philosophy counter and buy this immediately. With caution. Or just look for any other moisturizer that hydrates really well, because that's all this does. Its second ingredient is squalane, which is known to act as a lubricant on the skins surface, giving it a soft, smooth appearance. The sixth ingredient is petrolatum aka petroleum, which should never be used on your face. The vitamins that Philosophy talk about are down at the bottom of the list so they can't be that beneficial. I didn't find this cream to be very good at all. No firming action or intense moisturization as they claim. I always felt that Philosophy was better on their packaging than their actual product. Their ads sound so convincing and the names of their products sound as if they would really work. The pictures on the boxes look great too. If they would only do the jobs they were supposed to considering the prices they charge. The only saving grace for this product is that it comes in a tube, which is more sanitary than a jar. Considering all the negatives with the ingredients, it's a no-buy for me.
The full list of ingredients are here:
ingredients:
water (aqua), squalane, mineral oil (paraffinum liquidum), glycerin, isocetyl stearoyl stearate, petrolatum, butylene glycol, polyglyceryl-2 diisosteatate, peg-30 dipolyhydroxystearate, ceresin, polyethylene, microcrystalline wax (microcristallina cera), magnesium sulfate, phytosteryl/octyldodecyl lauroyl glutamate, dipalmitoyl hydroxyproline, tocopheryl acetate, polysorbate 80, bisabolol, potassium ascorbyl tocopheryl phosphate, methylparaben, diazolidinyl urea, ethylparaben, tetrasodium edta, iron oxides (ci 77492, 77491, 77499).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by starbuck65

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this the first time in my mid 30's, it was okay, I didn't really need an eye cream...SInce turning 40 my under eyes had become incredibly dry, I tried tons of products, came back to this and soooo glad I did. It's the best! It's a cream but not thick, it's hydrating and did an AMAZING job of completely firming and de-wrinkling my under eye area. That's all I wanted and needed and it performed better than I thought possible. HG! The end!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 11:34:00 AM More reviews by ElenaWC

I have used so many eye creams, have even spent upwards of $100 on small tubes, and this is the happiest I have been with an eye cream. It's very inexpensive for good eye cream ($30 or so) and it hydrates well. It can be worn under make-up without leaving a waxy or filmy residue, and my concealer blends well on top of it. I feel like my eyes look brighter, they are hydrated, and I have noticed that my fine lines are not as noticeable. I love this product : )

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2012 4:55:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow. Just finished 1st tube of this and it took off the appearance of some years of sun damage. I have oily olive skin and although this IS on the goopy gloppy side, it does leave a lovely moist sheen even 10 hours after applied. It plumps up teeny weeny crows feet and after a night out drinking a glass or 2 of wine, my face looks fresh and dewy. I've tried both Neutrogena and Boots eye creams-they've worked all right for a limited time- but nothing like this one! If it seems too heavy for you, just apply less! I'm finally finding the right products/cosmetics that work WITH my sometimes difficult skin, and this is a must have for me!
UPDATE: 12/7/13 - Still working its magic and I'm on my 4th tube. I don't use it every day, nor every month cuz I don't want to get immune to it. Dewy eyes feel delightful!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 10:25:00 PM More reviews by PuppyLuv

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I adore this product. It's thick and emollient, which is exactly what I need to soothe and hydrate my under eye and lip areas. It does sink in, but also leaves a lovely sheen. You can simply rub it in more if you don't want the sheen. I've used Shiseido Benefiance eye cream for years, so I'm used to the high oil content. But this cream has better staying power. Yes, it has mineral oil, but that's not a problem for me. This is probably not a cream for younger skin. It hydrates--It does not claim to de-puff or give you a face lift. If you want a soothing, hydrating eye and lip cream, I'm telling you, this is it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/5/2012 8:08:00 PM More reviews by crossett

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Nothing special. The cream is thick, sort of sticky. A solid 3 rating. I like something more hydrating for my eyes.... this didn't feel cool and wet. If spending the money on an eye cream again this wouldn't be my choice product, I don't dislike it - just didn't see any results and didn't care for the texture. On the upside I prefer tubes and pumps for cream over a tub any day. Why are products still sold in tubs? I digress ...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2012 9:51:00 AM More reviews by HollyMarie

Got this in a philosophy kit-nothing special-yes it will hydrate a bit but nothing you will really notice doesnt hydrate fine lines that well-If you are in your teens or 20's this is a great "starter eye cream" but absolutley nothing special or worth spending $$ on. This cream is a dud ;(

rated 3 of 5 on 1/17/2012 3:27:00 PM More reviews by crystalleigh

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great eye cream if all you need is hydration. But warning, only use it at night because it tends to look greasy. I will continue to use it but I won't repurchase since I want something that both hydrates and treats the under eye area for lines & winkles.