April 19, 2014 | 1888 users online

Scrubs - LUSH - Buffy the Backside Slayer

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by PaleInComparison

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is a lifesaver for my rough elbows, tiny bumps on arms/legs and any part of me that needs a little extra exfoliation. I have tried every scrub, loofah, pumice stone and lotion I can think of for my elbows and the backs of my legs- nothing else left them looking as nice or bump free. If I have an important event to go to where my arms will be showing, I will use this all over my arms/shoulders and I get the most beautiful glow to my skin. The price is a little high for this bar but I am very conservative with it and I definitely get my money's worth. I also love the smell, it's sort of herbal and muted but it leaves my skin with a nice soft scent. I really cannot recommend this product enough.

Tips: DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT UNDER RUNNING WATER. Step out the stream of water, place the bar in your hand and scrub your rough bits away. I also cut the bar up into several pieces, the big bar is harder to divide but it's a better deal in the long run. I never let this product touch the water and each chunk is enough for 3 or 4 showers as long as I don't use it on my whole body. I store it in a travel soap tray that has a cover but it's fine on a shower caddy as long as no water hits it. I recommend only using this on your most rough skin as it can be harsh on your softer parts.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2014 2:01:00 PM More reviews by alyssavalle21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Buffy is a great exfoliating bar. It is a little rough but if it's too rough for you just use the other side which is a little softer. Buffy leaves a great cocoa butter residue and leaves your skin feeling soft and super hydrated. It's supposed to help with cellulite but I haven't used anything YET (I've used about 50% of the bar). This bar melts easily, do not use it with the water directly hitting it and make sure you let it dry after use. All in all its a great hydrating bar and leaves a luxurious feeling.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 2:48:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

So disappointed with this product! I know it's one of Lush's tried and true holy grail products that they're known for, but using this literally hurt me! First impression was that it smelled great and doesn't melt super easily, which is nice knowing that it'll last for a long time. But once I started rubbing the bar into my skin...OUCH! As in I have a huge scrape on my leg from where I used it! It didn't seem to affect my arms or back but my legs are scraped up and itchy! I know this is good for cellulite, so I'll probably use it up to help with that, but I won't be repurchasing sad to say

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 3:33:00 PM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I gave this a 4/5 only because the exfoliation is a little rough for my sensitive skin. It works great and is very moisturizing but it hurts a bit. It smells a very strongly of almonds to me. It's very easy to use - just get wet and rub it all over! Then with your hands, gently rub it around so it can exfoliate and the moisturizing butters can get into your skin. I don't need to use a lotion afterwards because this moisturizes so well. Be sure to keep it out of the water and heat when you're not using it otherwise it will simply melt away.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/9/2013 6:24:00 PM More reviews by kes1234

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Good product. Like the scent and find it good for exfoliating dry skin without making it sore.
Really moisturizing though it can leave a residue on your skin it's no worse than after using a moisturizer. A bar lasts a good while - at least a month with daily use. Great for using on your legs if you shave to stop ingrown hairs.
Packaging not great - you'll have to buy one of the lush tins to carry it if you plan on taking it travelling or to the gym as it can melt if it gets too warm or leave residue on fabric.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 2:24:00 AM More reviews by DivineL

This is my first lush purchase to use on myself. I have been intrigued by lush since I purchase some items as a gift for a friend. I've been mor conscious on how my money so spent these days bec I don't have as much disposable income as I once did. I was looking for a little treat and bought this on a whim. I was between this and aqua mirabilis. The thing that won me over was the soft feeling this one left behind. When I used it at home on my legs I thought it was too much especially bec I'm not a lotion wearer. After a while the oils sank in, evaporated, or rubbed off onto my bedding or whatever and I was left wig noticeably soft ad smooth skin. So, I'm on the fence. I like the end result, I even don't mind the scruffiness of the scrubby bits, however I really dislike the initial residue feeling it leaves. However, I can deal with it. I'll keep it and use it up, maybe repurchase it in the future if I don't like aqua mirabilis better. For my next little treat to myself, I'm between trying the aqua mirabilis or the olive branch shower gel... maybe I'll get both!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 1:46:00 PM More reviews by Lyrics

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a decent every day scrub. It's not too harsh but still effective. I love that it is so moisturising but, at the same time, I don't like the greasy residue it leaves on my skin. When this bar finishes I won't be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 8:56:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

Oh Buffy, I love you. You seriously have no idea. This product is incredible! I will admit, I was skeptical stepping out of the shower the first time that I used Buffy, when my skin felt oily and had a weird smell, but now, I am a changed woman! I love the smell! It's grown on me. And with a little patience, that oily feeling sinks into your skin leaving you with soft, sily smooth skin that does not need a moisturizer. This is my go to bath bar. I am seriously obsessed. If I don't have time for Ocean Salt and Dream Cream or Turkish Delight and Rub Rub Rub, this is my go to routine. I love it. I have never used it as a pre-shave nor to diminish the appearance of cellulite so I can't comment on how well it works in that aspect, but as a nice body exfoliator and moisturizer, this is hard to beat! And for twelve bucks (USD) the price is great too!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/9/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by Loratheexplorer

This product is said to be a cellulite slayer, and for me, it has lived up to it's reputation. I have had it for awhile, and used to use it as a pre-tanning exfoliator. It worked really well at that too, since it simultaneously exfoliates and moisturizes. It has significantly reduced the bumps and unevenness on my thighs in just a couple of weeks... I rub some into my wet hands while in the shower and really massage it in my skin. I don't just spread it around, I spend time to really massage it. I feel like the better I message it, the better my thighs are going to look. I have already bought a second and I know I will continue to purchase it over and over again. I feel like everyone should use this product.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2013 10:55:00 AM More reviews by babystrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

HG product.

I bought this at Lush on a whim. I have used Lush facial moisturizers for several years but have not used any of their body products.

First time I used Buffy, I washed with soap and then used Buffy over my legs. I shaved immediately after. I did notice my legs felt a bit oily as I got out of the shower, but the oil sank in a bit and left me with the softest, smoothest legs I have ever had.

I use it daily in my shower after cleaning. It is my moisturizer and shave balm in one. I also use it on my bikini area before shaving and it has completely rid me of razor burn, ingrown hairs. My bikini line is now free of red bumps and I feel so great about that!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No