November 26, 2014 | 1626 users online

Styling Products - TiGi - Bed Head Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

This hairspray wasn't anything special at all. I assumed it was going to smell great, it being by Tigi and all....nope. Smells like regular hairspray. It doesn't add much of a shine either. The hold is a little too strong for my preference. I dislike how it sprays out. It goes on a bit heavy, no fine mist. I haven't noticed any white flaking which is good. Not impressed with it though, and now I'm stuck with a huge bottle of the stuff. I'll use it up. Won't be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/2/2014 9:17:00 AM More reviews by msdixiemom

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I do like this hairspray-- in fact, even though I'm always up for trying the next thing in hopes of finding THE ONE-- I find that I keep coming back to this--- so maybe it is THE ONE after all. I have shoulder length straight fine hair that goes limp if you even look at it funny. Bedhead Masterpiece provides good hold and shine without giving me helmet head. Haven't ever noticed any white flakes. Provides good volume at the crown. Large can, lasts a long time. The smell is pleasant. I am taking one lip pie off because I usually have issues with the nozzle clogging-- have to rinse it frequently, and I wish the spray could be a little finer.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 12:28:00 AM More reviews by michelle005

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this hairspray because my stylist used it in her own hair and it smelled great. I'm a huge sucker for good smelling hair products, especially hairspray since it's the last thing that goes on. Well, the smell might be great in short whiffs, but I'm sad to say it ended up being overwhelmingly sweet when it was in my own hair. That, however, was not the deal breaker for me. What killed it was the residue it left. I was wearing it to an event and during the car ride there I checked myself in the visor mirror...holy crap! I had a fine white dusting of flakes all up in my roots! I tried finger coming and patting my hair to no avail, there were thousands of them! I just hope nobody noticed. This probably wouldn't be a problem on lighter hair, but since I have chocolate brown hair it's not going to work for me. So surprising since this is such a highly rated product. I'll be returning it to Ulta.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2014 6:51:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

This is a good hairspray; I got it on the clearance rack at walgreens for USD$9, but there's no way I would pay full price. I really love Bedhead products but not so much their price tag. This holds well without being too crunchy & it's not impossible brush out (if u only wash ur hair every 3rd day like I do, this becomes an important factor for restyling the next day!). Bedhead products always smell awesome & seem good for your hair, I wish I could afford to buy them more often, but it is a treat when i can afford to splurge on high end hair products so I don't often indulge. But honestly I like my Aussie Mega hairspray -almost- as much as this & it's about $4 for a can.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/27/2014 11:07:00 PM More reviews by RedAngelWings

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I do dance performances at school, and when I have to put my hair in a bun, this stuff keeps all my flyaways down. It also smells heavenly.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I liked this hairspray. It smells amazing and the packaging is cute. It holds a curl but if you put to much in your hair it can get crunchy but then again all hairsprays do that. It is a high end product so obviously it is an expensive product. I would repurchase this again

rated 5 of 5 on 2/1/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Katjushaa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is definitely a product that will decorate my bathroom (and of course the head) until I can find (if) better. Smells great, hair is not concreted and smell ... did I mention that it is very fantastic?? The product is great, it takes a long time and it is excellent quality ... So I think the price is not too big for a product that offers all of this. Definitely recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

If you want a hairspray with great flexible hold that gives high shine that doesn't look greasy, this hairspray is definitely for you. I mainly use this as a finishing spray for my curls and makes them last ridiculously long, even rain and wind. It also gives my curls a healthy shine. I love how this is not crunchy either, unless you overspray. This gives my side bangs good hold but this hairspray is a bit too shiny for my tastes for this purpose. This hairspray also works really well for teasing- you can brush it out easily without crumbling into white hairspray flakes.

The only downsides I can pick at is the smell; it's a love hate thing. If you don't like sweet fruity smells of any sort, stay away from this as this stuff is strong! It smells like candied strawberries to me, which I think is amazing but many people do not like this. I also don't like how the nozzle can be detached so easily, but it's an easy fix. I'm not a fan of the phallic cap, not only for well, obvious reasons but also because it's not well-designed ergonomically.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2013 2:09:00 PM More reviews by jehill6612

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had such high hopes for this product due to all the rave reviews of Bed Head products. This hairspray has lovely hold. It feels stiff at first but then it softens out. I was in love with this hairspray until I found that low and behold, it was leaving a nasty gunky dandruff looking residue in my hair. I hve black hair so unfortunately this is often an issue with hair products for me. This hairspray would probably be good for lighter colored hair. Great hairspray, just not a good mesh for my hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by melzie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for years. It is my all time favorite hairspray. I use it when I curl my hair and when I want a good hold that doesn't feel stiff. I can actually run my fingers through my hair and the curl still looks really nice. Whats great is that this bottle is huge and it last a long time. Between me and my boyfriend this bottle last us about 8 months (maybe longer). And we both use it about once a week (maybe more).

Let me talk about the smell for a little bit. This is the best smelling hairspray I have ever used. I am normally NOT a big fan of the hairspray smell, but this is unlike any other that I have used. The scent also last for hours. Sometimes I will still smell it on my boyfriend's hair after his 8 hour shift at work. It does smell girly, but my boyfriend doesn't mind. I don't mind either because it smells soo good! YUM! I once had someone ask me what delicious smelling perfume I was using!

HINT: I used to buy it at my salon for about $25.00, but I recently found it at TJ Maxx for only $9.99. I still had a new bottle at home, but at that price, I could not pass it up! So keep an eye out at TJ Maxx!

Aloha for reading and I hope this review was helpful to you!! =D

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No