TiGi Bed Head Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray

4.2

on 3/25/2015 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this to use after I use the flat iron, to keep my bob haircut in place.
I didn't want a hard hairspray because I wash my hair every other day and I don't like to go to bed with a helmet on. So it is ok regarding this aspect.

It doesn't cause any flakes, as other cheap hairsprays, nor did it make my hair sticky.
I didn't see any shine added to my hair (but my hair is kind of healthy and has its own shine).

I won't buy it again, because I feel there must be a better product out there.

I quite like this hairspray, as it does what I expect it to do: help to lightly hold my flyaways in place or help keep volume in my hair (at the crown/root) or help hold when I curl my hair. I have a lot of fine, straight, long, blonde hair and it works well for me, provided I just use a little bit. A little goes a long way. A lot would provide additional hold, surely, but will also leave hair a bit crunchy (at least my fine hair). To be honest, I don't often use hairspray so, I've not a lot to compare it to, but from the ones I have tried, I prefer this one. The bottle is cute & the scent is sweet and fun (as most TiGi/BedHead).

on 11/30/2014 5:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I really like this hairspray (holds well, non sticky) but it's not as good as the Sexy Hair Spray and Play hairspray so I won't be purchasing again.

Normally I don't like floral scented hairspray but this one smells fine and it disappears soon enough.

Holds hair well but a fraction less well than Sexy Hair which is the only reason I would not repurchase. This is definitely my second favorite hairspray however.

on 10/23/2014 7:03:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

This hairspray wasn't anything special at all. I assumed it was going to smell great, it being by Tigi and all....nope. Smells like regular hairspray. It doesn't add much of a shine either. The hold is a little too strong for my preference. I dislike how it sprays out. It goes on a bit heavy, no fine mist. I haven't noticed any white flaking which is good. Not impressed with it though, and now I'm stuck with a huge bottle of the stuff. I'll use it up. Won't be repurchasing.

on 10/2/2014 9:17:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I do like this hairspray-- in fact, even though I'm always up for trying the next thing in hopes of finding THE ONE-- I find that I keep coming back to this--- so maybe it is THE ONE after all. I have shoulder length straight fine hair that goes limp if you even look at it funny. Bedhead Masterpiece provides good hold and shine without giving me helmet head. Haven't ever noticed any white flakes. Provides good volume at the crown. Large can, lasts a long time. The smell is pleasant. I am taking one lip pie off because I usually have issues with the nozzle clogging-- have to rinse it frequently, and I wish the spray could be a little finer.

on 9/13/2014 12:28:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I got this hairspray because my stylist used it in her own hair and it smelled great. I'm a huge sucker for good smelling hair products, especially hairspray since it's the last thing that goes on. Well, the smell might be great in short whiffs, but I'm sad to say it ended up being overwhelmingly sweet when it was in my own hair. That, however, was not the deal breaker for me. What killed it was the residue it left. I was wearing it to an event and during the car ride there I checked myself in the visor mirror...holy crap! I had a fine white dusting of flakes all up in my roots! I tried finger coming and patting my hair to no avail, there were thousands of them! I just hope nobody noticed. This probably wouldn't be a problem on lighter hair, but since I have chocolate brown hair it's not going to work for me. So surprising since this is such a highly rated product. I'll be returning it to Ulta.

on 8/16/2014 6:51:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

This is a good hairspray; I got it on the clearance rack at walgreens for USD$9, but there's no way I would pay full price. I really love Bedhead products but not so much their price tag. This holds well without being too crunchy & it's not impossible brush out (if u only wash ur hair every 3rd day like I do, this becomes an important factor for restyling the next day!). Bedhead products always smell awesome & seem good for your hair, I wish I could afford to buy them more often, but it is a treat when i can afford to splurge on high end hair products so I don't often indulge. But honestly I like my Aussie Mega hairspray -almost- as much as this & it's about $4 for a can.

on 5/27/2014 11:07:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I do dance performances at school, and when I have to put my hair in a bun, this stuff keeps all my flyaways down. It also smells heavenly.

on 3/16/2014 7:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I liked this hairspray. It smells amazing and the packaging is cute. It holds a curl but if you put to much in your hair it can get crunchy but then again all hairsprays do that. It is a high end product so obviously it is an expensive product. I would repurchase this again

on 2/1/2014 8:02:00 AM

This is definitely a product that will decorate my bathroom (and of course the head) until I can find (if) better. Smells great, hair is not concreted and smell ... did I mention that it is very fantastic?? The product is great, it takes a long time and it is excellent quality ... So I think the price is not too big for a product that offers all of this. Definitely recommend it!