October 1, 2014 | 1979 users online

Treatments (Face) - Reviva - Hyaluronic Acid Serum

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2014 12:37:00 PM More reviews by ninjalips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to try another hyarulonic acid serum after I tried the Indeed Labs Hydraluron with some positive effects. Hyraluron was great for my skin but I didn't find it that moisturising. I have dry, sensitive skin prone to red rashes and intolerant to heavy fragrance and essential oils among many other chemicals. Reviva is scent-free which usually is good news for my skin. The first few times I used this serum, I really liked it. It smoothed out my skin and looked like it gave it some moisture. But after a few days it started to clog my pores. I ended up with two spots in areas of my face that are usually very dry! As I don't usually get clogged pores and have been using heavy oil based balms like cocoa butter on my face for years without any issues with spots, I was quite surprised. On comparison, I think Hydraluron is a better choice for a hyaluronic acid serum. If you want to try Reviva Hyaruloronic acid serum, monitor the long term effects closely especially if you are clog prone. My conclusion is that it is not a very hydrating serum with only temporary smoothing effect and can even cause blocked pores.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by anjelykah

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I hardly ever use a product up, however, I used the very last drop of this serum. I have oily acne prone skin but I still jumped on the hyaluronic acid bandwagon...reason being that when I use harsh acne products or do a chemical peel, my skin is left parched and flaky. This serum soothes and moisturizes. One pump is enough product to moisturize my face, it is quickly absorbed and does not feel like I have anything on. This is a definite holy grail to boost my regular moisturizer or used alone.

I did not notice any adverse reactions (blocked pores, breakouts) and the price is affordable.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Joey1

Love this little serum! I have uber sensitive skin that as I've gotten older tends to get dehydrated very easily and just distorts my appearance. While this isn't the end all be all to my issues, it certainly hydrates my skin. I love the cool, light gel feel to it, despite never thinking I would have. The gel sinks right in, no oily mess later. I found it on line for half the price quoted below. I'm on my second bottle. I usually top it off with my sensitive skin Burt's Bees moisturizer.

My skin is dry/combo with Rosacea, Allergies to fragrance, phalates, preservatives

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2014 11:17:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I purchased this off PipingRock.com (n/a) for around $5.00, which is a complete steal because I've seen this for triple, if not quadruple the price elsewhere. It's an OK serum but compared to others I've used, it's not a favorite. it provided a boost of hydration during the cold, dry, winter months for sure.

I just finished up the bottle but I will not be repurchasing. I think the formula has silicone in it, which I don't normally prefer in skincare products. I also didn't like the pump because it pumped out too much product and made me go through this faster than I should have.

I prefer the MyChelle Ultra Hydrating HA serum, even though it's about $35/bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 8:18:00 AM More reviews by saramason111

I'm almost down to the end of the bottle and I will be repurchasing. I love this stuff! I mix 3-4 drops of my vitamin c serum (Paula's Choice) and apply morning and night before adding makeup or moisturizer. It plumps up my skin -- especially my forehead and the lines around my mouth. It kind of freaks me out sometimes though because when I raise my eyebrows, my forehead doesn't move because it looks like I have botox. LOL. But isn't that what we're looking for? I like how the serum has green tea extract and glycerin in it. Too bad it's in a glass container otherwise the green tea as an antioxidant will lose its efficacy so I keep it in the medicine cabinet away from light. Oh, and yes it does "ball up" if you apply foundation over it -- some foundations. It's trial and error. Some foundations/bb creams ball up over top, and some do not. I use Physician's Formula SPF 50 tinted moisturizer and it doesn't ball up.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2014 10:21:00 AM More reviews by okuko

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing product. After battling my dry and dehydrated skin for a few weeks I ordered this and it saved my skin. No more flakiness and rough patches pretty much after the second day of using this.
The great thing about it, is the consistency is just right. One pump is enough for the whole face and a bit of neck, the gel sinks in quickly and does not leave any sticky residue whatsoever and it's possible to follow up with another moisturizer. It has no smell which I love and the packaging is no frills, but works great.
The serum really works wonders in helping your skin retain moisture and makes my skin plump and smooth. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by lichi79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

One of the best gels/serums in the market.. Very hydrating and soothing. Great for those with Very Sensitive, Acne-Prone and Dry Skin combination. It has absolutely no fragrance and has a gel consistency which is extremely easy to spread. I LOVE the pump on this bottle because it is super controllable as to the amount you need.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 11:46:00 PM More reviews by Mookier

This is a must have product for me. I use it everyday as a part of my night time routine along with the Reviva labs DMAE under eye serum. It has faded my acne scars and makes my skin so soft and smooth. I highly recommend this product. It works better that a lot of more expensive serums out there

rated 3 of 5 on 12/1/2012 12:08:00 AM More reviews by rose1234

I'ge been reading about HA and picked this up on a whim at the vitamin store since it was cheap. I think this causes my pores to clog although it does a great job hydrating. Clogging is not okay. Need to see if it is the HA or other ingredients in the serum.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

It seems that this has some form of silicone in it as a filler ingredient, and to me that causes skin issues with some people, or for it to react with other products. I would only use this at night as a serum. It does work to plump up your skin, but Ulta charges $22 for it when I've seen it online for $11. That's too steep for such a small bottle. Derma E has a hyaluronic acid serum that I want to try instead, and their brand is organic as far as I can tell.