September 3, 2014 | 1294 users online

Highlighters - Becca - Athena pressed shimmer powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/20/2010 2:12:00 PM More reviews by jamalana

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've had this product for a while but never got around to writing a review for it. I was a little late to the big Sephora clearance and had there been lots of color choices still available for the PSPs, I probably wouldn't have even taken a chance on this one. It must have been fate =) I love Becca Athena! Before this, I never really considered bronzers because I thought it would just make my medium dark (NC 44/45) skin just look darker, dirty or muddy. But on my complexion, Athena adds a little warmth without any obvious color or shimmer, and absolutely makes my skin glow like no other product I own! It doesn't empahisize any fine wrinkles, pores, or dry patches on my skin either. The only cons are the same ones you'll find in all of Becca's products: the perfumey scent and the bulky, impractical rubber compact. And I don't like the foam puff it comes with, but I just leave it on top to protect the surface of the powder. I also have the Athena loose powder which is also pretty nice, but I I don't really like loose powder products in general, and it's too shimmery for everyday wear (better suited to evenings out). Also picked up Gypsy and Nefertit PSPs which are also lovely, but for medium-dark complexions, I highly recommend Athena!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 8:54:00 AM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I absolutly love this, im nc37-40 right now and this gives a perfect light bronze glow, and like the previous lady said you can hardly tell im even wearing anything. BUT Im so mad...this being in my bag for a few days has totally CRUMBLED and i think i just have to throw it out cus the powder is spilling out everywhere its just a mess. I bought this, and went to my mums the next day and had it in my bag. when i got back home there was a huge crack in the middle. The next day i was going out to dinner and just grabbed this for the mirror and put it in my bag and this time it had crumbled into thousands of pieces. This same EXACT thing happened to a pink becca blush i had at xmas...and again it was just in my handbag a few times and i know i didnt particularly throw my bag around or anything! For this reason alone I wont re purchase Becca powder products cus however gorgeous they are u just cant carry them around

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2008 5:17:00 AM More reviews by linadaze

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have turned into a bronzeraholic somehow and Athena is my favorite by far. I went on a bronzer swapping frenzy (after discovering Too Faced Snow Bunny) not to find the perfect one or anything but just because :) I wasn't even looking for this when I received a request for an item on my list one day :) I have many now and love all of them in different ways. In spite of the hideous packaging, Athena gets the most affection from me. I should have known something this beautiful would only eventually land in my hand in it's own little U.F.O. :p

I believe I have a light olive complexion and all of the bronzers I currently have work on me. This one is just perfect however and I reach for it the most, esp. on the days I don't wear any m/u at all but want to cheat a little. You can't tell I'm wearing anything; it just makes me smile at every mirror because it gives me a light bronzey glow that is unvelievable and hard to explain. I haven't had the luxury of trying any other PSP's but I'm already sure this will remain my top one :) I've loved every Becca item I've owned thus far. Just amazing colors!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2007 6:12:00 PM More reviews by maitai215

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is for the loose Athena powder that was on sale at sephora for $5.5. such a great deal for so much product. i use a teeny bit on a shadow brush on the crease for a bronze smokey eye.
or i mix it with my NYC loose translucent powder to tone down the color a bit as a light bronzer for all over my face. so gorgeous. too bad i discovered this technique in october. but now i can get the right off the beach look in the dead of winter. way better than other bronzers that i try which are either too matte (looks like you're dirty and forgot to wash your face, i am no good at the contouring bit) or too sparkly and looks like you're a disco ball. this just gives a subtle glow.
as a note, i am a beige neutral in the EDM color wheel, sorry i don't have the MAC notation cuz i don't wear MAC ftd. I am asian if that helps, so i'm yellow toned. a beautiful bronzer for me! and it's so much product for so cheap!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2007 3:57:00 PM More reviews by zoeferret

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is one shimmer powder that I didn't like. The color was just too dark and orange for me. I couldn't get it to work for my skin tone ( MAC NC37 ) I think if you were darker it would look great on you. Just not for me. The powder itself is wonderful ( finely milled, soft and bendable. ) Hence the three rating. Good product- bad color for me.

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2006 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Carlieda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I JUST BOUGHT THE SHIMMER PRESSED POWDER IN ATHENA FROM SEPHORA.COM. I LOVE IT, IT IS BEAUTIFUL. IT IS VERY SUBTLE. I AM A MEDIUM BROWN TONE AND IT DOES NOT LOOK ASHY ON ME. I ALSO BOUGHT NEFERTITI. IT LOOKS ASHY IF I USE TOO MUCH. I PROBABLY HAVE EVERY KIND OF SHIMMER PRODUCT YOU CAN THINK OF AND THIS IS MY FAVORITE.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/4/2005 2:07:00 PM More reviews by kami

First I want to say thank you to Mare for allowing me to get this item since I have never heard or seen it before. This is a beautiful golden bronze shade. Looks kinda like Tango in pressed powder form. This makes a nice bronzer or natural glow shade for my HHH skin. Very pretty, I would say it may even be considered the child of aphrodite pressed and tango loose. Mac C40, HHH Black hair, dark brown eyes. Light tan olive skin tone.*UPDATE* Seems like Bergdorf Goodman is the only place to buy this for now.