Jergens Natural Glow

3.3

on 8/24/2015 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Okay, lets be real. Years ago this product was AWFUL before they reformulated it. After I had a horrible experience with this product I said I would never go back to it. However, this product did introduce me to the wonderful world of self tanning. After my bad experience, I began experimenting with several self tanners. I have used Xen Tan, Sun Labs, St. Tropez, Bondi Sands, etc. St. Tropez and Bondi Sands were my two favorites out of those products (I used the dark mousse versions). However, I'm a senior in college now who is very busy with school and work. That being said, the self tanning routine for a mousse product began to be a hassle. I got tired of using a product with a guide color simply because it would stain my sheets/clothes and I'd have to rinse the guide color off in the shower every morning after I put it on. Since then I switched to gradual tanners. I was using St. Tropez gradual tanning lotion in medium/dark but its kind of pricey and I use it up too fast. Some how or another I ended up giving Jergens another chance, and I can't believe I'm saying this, but I LOVE it now. Please don't judge this product because of your bad experience years ago and all of the people writing reviews who say they haven't used it in years. I'm telling you its way different than it use to be. It's a lot more moisturizing, the color lasts longer, and it gives you a very even tan. I'm pretty fair skinned and I use this in the medium/dark version. The key is to make sure you put a lotion on drier areas of your body like feet, knees, ankles, and hands before you put on the self tanner! After that, I start with my legs and rub it in circular motions and I do my feet last with whatever excess tanner is still on my hands. After the legs, I do my stomach, back, chest, neck, and then I do my arms. After doing my arms I wash my hands very thoroughly. When washing your hands DO NOT get anything wet past your wrists. After that, I take a small little dot of self tanner on each of the top of my hands and rub it in with a blending makeup brush (Don't get self tanner on your palms). If you don't want to use a makeup brush use a cotton ball or something. I hope this helps!

Get the med/dark version of this, always. No matter how fair you are. And also use the Revitalizing formula. It's better than the Firming one. I've purchased this countless times over the years. It's great for beginners or someone who needs a self tan extender. Alone, it's not bad at all either. Great in the winter when you want to warm up your skin tone without a full on self tan.

on 7/1/2015 5:30:00 PM

oh sweet jesus... the memories that i have with this crap LOL

back in highschool when i was desperate to look like all the other oompa loompas in my school i used this. I would apply after id had a shower and let is soak in then either go about my day or go to sleep with it on.

First of all, the smell is disgusting - it smells like fkin peanuts and syrup. Its SUCH a delectable smell in the summer isnt it :) lol! and honestly, i couldnt hide from the smell. every time i would wear this my friends would know "did u put ur cheetoh cream on again?"

Which brings me to my next point, the colour. ORANGE as orange can be, i was a walking oompa loompa.... who smelled of nuts and syrup.

It also rubbed off on everything even after id rinsed it off... really great memories with this stuff haha...

Price was decent, but damn they should put a warning.. *might look like a fiesty cheetoh*

on 6/30/2015 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Jesus. I can't believe this product is still around considering how awful it is. I haven't used it since 2008 but it was bad enough that I'd never give it another chance with all the more advanced/evolved formulas on the market.

Here are the cons:
-Very sticky formula. It never dries and the tacky feeling drove me insane.

-The smell is god awful. As an adult I would never want to be around anyone while wearing this. It really is that bad, and I'm not even picky about scents. Think cat pee.

-Broke me out (goes back to the tacky consistency).

-Worst of all - I was bright orange. This is one thing I will give the company slack about and admit that I did not choose the right formula. I chose medium instead of light. My mother warned me and I did not listen. Always listen to your mother.

I've lost a ton of weight since then and don't look like this anymore. But just so you understand how bad it was - here's me wearing it after 1 application

Yeah, scary.

on 6/29/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I used this back in the day and it gave me a nice, even tan, which is why I gave it three lippies. I'm not sure if they have changed the formula or what, but now all this does is turn me into an orange, streaky mess! This even stained my clothes! The scent is also awful. Bring back the old formula! I threw this out and I'm not repurchasing.

on 6/29/2015 5:40:00 PM

Like it well enough...but sometimes it can look obvious in the harsh light of day. There are times it looked yellow on my knees or around my ankles/tops of feet. Also, I like the idea of a gradual tan...but its not that practical because I found it would take three days for the tan to develop...but then when I had the color I wanted I would need to shave my legs again....and then the color would come right off when I shaved...

on 6/29/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm currently finishing my second bottle of this stuff and will be purchasing a third.

I really like this product for a lot of reasons: it tans subtly, but naturally. It maintains my yellow undertones without turning them orange. It does not streak and if you are thorough, the results speak for themselves. Most importantly, for something that I use close to every day or every other day or so for maintenance, the price is right. It has never stained my clothing and it dries very quickly on my skin.

That isn't to say, however, that there are not downsides. Like any self-tanner, if you are not careful, you can have blotches if you don't spread the product out well enough. If you allow the product to remain on your hands for too long, it will change the color of your hands. For people who are sensitive to smells, it does have a fairly strong one.

Overall, for the price point and amount, I really like it and plan on keeping it.

Pros:

- Cheap (I've never seen it for more than $12 at my local grocery store or retail pharmacy)
- Gradual change
- Does not stain skin orange (though, it may if you have pinker undertones)
- Dries quickly
- Does not stain clothing
- Good scent? (Depends on if you like smells or not)

Cons:

- Can be blotchy depending on application
- Strong scent (some people like it, others don't)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Who would of thought that after all the high end perfumes that I have (Tom Ford, Kors, etc) that my husband would love the smell of this on me better and I would get more compliments. CRAZY. This is a great lotion. I like to use it on my legs.. I do self tan a lot but I use this everyday just for the moisture it gives my skin... The smell is really great, it's very affordable and I did start seeing a glow after about 3 days.. It gives off a very clean smell that lingers... And in Texas when it's blazing hot and you are outside all day and people can still smell it on you. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! :-P

on 4/27/2015 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for years and it is the only self tanner than consistently gives me great results. I am fair but tan relativity easily in the sun. I use the Medium-Dark and it works great. I will say the light -medium version doesn't really do anything for me. Perhaps that is better for someone with a very fair, Nicole Kidman-like skin tone. It also helps maintain I real tan.

on 4/16/2015 3:05:00 PM