Jergens Natural Glow

3.3

on 6/30/2015 8:53:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Jesus. I can't believe this product is still around considering how awful it is. I haven't used it since 2008 but it was bad enough that I'd never give it another chance with all the more advanced/evolved formulas on the market.

Here are the cons:
-Very sticky formula. It never dries and the tacky feeling drove me insane.

-The smell is god awful. As an adult I would never want to be around anyone while wearing this. It really is that bad, and I'm not even picky about scents. Think cat pee.

-Broke me out (goes back to the tacky consistency).

-Worst of all - I was bright orange. This is one thing I will give the company slack about and admit that I did not choose the right formula. I chose medium instead of light. My mother warned me and I did not listen. Always listen to your mother.

I've lost a ton of weight since then and don't look like this anymore. But just so you understand how bad it was - here's me wearing it after 1 application

Yeah, scary.

on 6/29/2015 10:22:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I used this back in the day and it gave me a nice, even tan, which is why I gave it three lippies. I'm not sure if they have changed the formula or what, but now all this does is turn me into an orange, streaky mess! This even stained my clothes! The scent is also awful. Bring back the old formula! I threw this out and I'm not repurchasing.

on 6/29/2015 5:40:00 PM

Like it well enough...but sometimes it can look obvious in the harsh light of day. There are times it looked yellow on my knees or around my ankles/tops of feet. Also, I like the idea of a gradual tan...but its not that practical because I found it would take three days for the tan to develop...but then when I had the color I wanted I would need to shave my legs again....and then the color would come right off when I shaved...

on 6/29/2015 3:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I'm currently finishing my second bottle of this stuff and will be purchasing a third.

I really like this product for a lot of reasons: it tans subtly, but naturally. It maintains my yellow undertones without turning them orange. It does not streak and if you are thorough, the results speak for themselves. Most importantly, for something that I use close to every day or every other day or so for maintenance, the price is right. It has never stained my clothing and it dries very quickly on my skin.

That isn't to say, however, that there are not downsides. Like any self-tanner, if you are not careful, you can have blotches if you don't spread the product out well enough. If you allow the product to remain on your hands for too long, it will change the color of your hands. For people who are sensitive to smells, it does have a fairly strong one.

Overall, for the price point and amount, I really like it and plan on keeping it.

Pros:

- Cheap (I've never seen it for more than $12 at my local grocery store or retail pharmacy)
- Gradual change
- Does not stain skin orange (though, it may if you have pinker undertones)
- Dries quickly
- Does not stain clothing
- Good scent? (Depends on if you like smells or not)

Cons:

- Can be blotchy depending on application
- Strong scent (some people like it, others don't)

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Who would of thought that after all the high end perfumes that I have (Tom Ford, Kors, etc) that my husband would love the smell of this on me better and I would get more compliments. CRAZY. This is a great lotion. I like to use it on my legs.. I do self tan a lot but I use this everyday just for the moisture it gives my skin... The smell is really great, it's very affordable and I did start seeing a glow after about 3 days.. It gives off a very clean smell that lingers... And in Texas when it's blazing hot and you are outside all day and people can still smell it on you. Winner Winner Chicken Dinner! :-P

on 4/27/2015 2:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I have been using this for years and it is the only self tanner than consistently gives me great results. I am fair but tan relativity easily in the sun. I use the Medium-Dark and it works great. I will say the light -medium version doesn't really do anything for me. Perhaps that is better for someone with a very fair, Nicole Kidman-like skin tone. It also helps maintain I real tan.

on 4/16/2015 3:05:00 PM

After one use: I'm brown! SUCCESS

No matter how much I exfoliate this stuff leaves streaks. EVERY TIME

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I tried this stuff spring of last year, and I found after one use I was already super tan. I figured if I used it again I would get even more colour, but it Actually just turned me a orange tone. I'm not sure if it's because my skin is almost naturally yellow, or if I was maybe using a shade to dark? I'm going to re try it again tonight and see what happens. I still love this stuff and the first application looked really nice.

on 3/13/2015 6:45:00 PM

I noticed a difference within the second day! Love it!!!!