Phyto Phytocitrus

3.9

Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Sodium Laureth Sulfate., Propylene Glycol, Coco-Betaine (Dérivés D'huile De Coco), Cocamide Mipa, Glycol Stearate, Peg-4 Rapeseedamide (Dérivé Dâhuile De Colza), Lauryl Pyrrolidone, Octyldodecyl Ricinoleate, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract (Pamplemousse), Coco Glucoside (Dérivé D'huile De Coco), Peg-15 Cocopolyamine (Dérivé D'huile De Coco), Glyceryl Oleate, Benzyl Alcohol, Quaternium 80, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Protein (Amande Douce), Glycerin, Dimethylpabamidopropyl Laurdimonium Tosylate, Water / Aqua (Eau Purifiée), Propylene Glycol Stearate, Tetrasodium Edta, Fragrance / Parfum, Limonene, Polyquaternium-10 (Dérivé De Cellulose De Bois), Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Flower Extract (Extrait De Carthame), Zea Mays (Corn) Oil, Sodium Chloride, Sodium Citrate, Citric Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Parabens (Butyl, Ethyl, Methyl)*, Methylisothiazolinone*, Methylchloroisothiazolinone*, Beta-Carotene.

on 9/21/2014 1:13:00 PM

I actually really like this shampoo. Smells lovely, not a *whole* lot of lather, but enough and in combo with the Phyto conditioner leaves my hair very shiny and bouncy and healthy looking. My hair is color-treated.

HOWEVER...I HATE the packaging. My pet peeve is make-up or potion or lotion packaging where you can't see the amount you have left until you run out---usually at the least convenient time. But that's something you have to live with.

The packaging of this shampoo takes the cake. It is in an aluminum bottle! And the shampoo is super thick. Being a "hard" bottle, you can't squeeze the contents out, so I am standing there trying to shake the contents into the palm of my hand, like ketchup--when it came in a glass bottle. Of course, I end up flinging a fair amount of shampoo everywhere but in my palm, and at the price of this shampoo, that's very annoying.

Not to metion standing nake-y in the shower shaking a slick bottle with wet and soapy hands, I do have some concerns that I'll lose my grip on the bottle and it will end up crashig down on my toes and foot and that will HURT!

So even though I really, REALLY like the shampoo itself, I won't buy it again.

on 6/5/2014 3:48:00 PM

My hair is freshly coloured/highlighted and I use it for the 1st couple of weeks as the grapefruit brings out shine, locks in colour and makes my hair so soft. This shampoo did not lather when I used it years ago. However, they did change the formula and I get clean hair for about 2-3 days. I just bought my second bottle and I alternate this shampoo with another colour treated shampoo such as ABBA or Pureology Volume Shampoo. Hair behaves better when you rotate your shampoos and you won't get a buildup this way. It is a bit pricey but well worth it!!

on 2/18/2014 8:07:00 AM

I love this product! Both my stylist and I noticed how much better my hair held color after I started using this it. I use it for the first few washes after colorthen maybe once or twice a week after.

on 2/5/2014 9:44:00 PM

this my go-to shampoo for the first couple of shampoos after a color service. Smells wonderful. Not much lather which is OK with me, very creamy and soothing. Not for everyday shampooing - I go to my beloved Aveda Madera Root for everyday care

on 5/10/2013 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

This shampoo performed very averagely as far as shine or softness is concerned. However, on the second day after washing ( I shampoo every two days ) my hair felt ( and smelled )like it had weeks to be properly cleaned. I felt a thick, waxy oily build-up near my scalp. Never buying this again. Utter disappointment.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

Phyto is an amazing product line! It will work wonders for everyone's hair, I promise...as long as you use it as directed! Phyto is more like a prescription for your hair and must be used properly in order to ensure the best results. Phytocitrus is only to be used for the first 3 shampoos after a color service, NOT as a daily shampoo! When people start using Phyto, they complain of dryness a lot. This is normal, it's called the "Detox Period" meaning that it's removing all the waxes and residue that other shampoos leave on your hair, revealing what's really underneath (which is usually dry hair!) I never have problems with Phytocitrus lathering. The first shampoo is meant as the cleanser, it won't lather very much. But the 2nd shampoo usually lathers a lot! When I first started using it, I would use way too much! But leave the lather on for 2-3 minutes...it's also a treatment for your hair!

All of that said, you really have to know how to use the Phyto line before you dive right in. Talk to a stylist who is familiar with the line and they will be able to prescribe the proper shampoo/treatment/mask for you!

on 2/10/2010 8:15:00 PM

OMG My hair is totally different after 2 washes. It's soooo much healthier. I cant comment on long term use, ive only used it a couple of times, and i only notice a difference when i use it. i got the first complement i had on my hair from my co-worked in a long time. i straighten my hair (opti.smooth) chemically and this is perfect! My only complaint is that it's way tooooo expensive! i go through it sooooo quickly!!!!

on 3/10/2008 11:09:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

For the price, i wished this shampoo lather well, but it didnt, so I had to take a palm size out the second time just to get a full lather and get my hair super clean. I wont be repurchasing.

on 1/28/2008 6:05:00 PM

Looking back at all my hair reviews, I see that I tend to change my opinion of these products more than any other type of products I use:-( That said, this is my current favorite shampoo. I was using B&B Gentle when the weather was warmer but developed HORRIBLE static electricity as soon as the cold, dry Midwest winter set in. Changing to Phytocitrus made an immediate difference. I don't know that this is Holy Grail -- I don't like that it has SLS, for one thing, and it's darned expensive -- but it's working tolerably well for me at the moment. I feel like it cleans gently without stripping. All I need is a pea-size drop of B&B Leave-In Conditioner after I get out of the shower. Does an okay job of preserving my color, but nothing fabulous, even when used in conjunction with the Phytocitrus Mask.

on 12/7/2007 7:35:00 AM

While I really enjoy numerous other Phyto products, this shampoo did not work well for me. My hair is chemically treated (blonde lights) and it left it feeling 'crispy' and dry each time I used it. Found that to be the case no matter what conditioner I utilized (citrus and jojoba masks, conditioners from other product lines). Quite disapointing since I have found the other phyto products to be excellent quality and great for my hair. If you tried this and didn't like it, the phytojojoba shampoo is much better (and kind to chemically treated hair).

Top Rated Phyto Products