November 27, 2014 | 952 users online

Liquid - Almay - Skin Stays Clean [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2012 1:53:00 AM More reviews by badbear

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is still available in Australia and I hope it always will be. Definitely my HG foundation. I wore this daily for many years, but then decided to try the long-wear foundations like Colorstay, and eventually ended up using Almay TLC as my regular foundation. But recently my age seems to have caught up with me and I could see my skin needed a lighter foundation - less masky and more natural. Having tried half a dozen other foundations with very limited success (bad colour matches, poor lasting power, yuck finishes or breakouts) I finally remembered this old faithful and decided to try it again. I've been using it for two or three weeks and my usually spotty skin is in the best shape it's been for years. I use a bit of Revlon Colorstay translucent powder on top and it lasts all through a long day and looks extremely natural - like my skin, but more even and clear. Please Almay do not ever discontinue this! (I also agree the colour range is great for people who prefer a yellow-based foundation rather than pink-based, which are much more common in this price range.)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2009 10:46:00 PM More reviews by dakgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in Chamois and its a perfect match for my pale yellow based skin. I also can wear BB Porcelain, LM Porcelain Ivory. I'm oily and this goes on smooth and looks good most of the day. I really love the pale yellowness of the color, I have a hard time finding foundations because most pale colors have pink and I'm yellow-white. I'd definitely recommend this.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2008 3:57:00 PM More reviews by amyplusbaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great everyday foundation. I sometimes get extra oily skin days, & this is good for that. It will look fabulous for around 5/6 hours (with normal activities), & then it will need a slight touching up. The coverage is fairly good, I'd say medium. I have combination/acne prone skin, & it does tend to cover well. Removes easily, blends well, easy to match to your skin tone, & best of all... Doesn't make me break out! You can't go wrong for the price (although it's been discontinued now, so when you do eventually find it, it's super expensive :(). Anyway, I'd recommend to anyone! Great for all skin types.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by chai24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I like the performance of this product it does what it says. I have oily skin and prone to blemishes. But I got the wrong shade (BUFF), I'm NC25-NC30 I don't know which shade is right for me since there's no other available shade. So sad.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2008 9:00:00 AM More reviews by sheenl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have this in neutral and it suits my nw20 skin well. It is the only foundation I can use in the tropics which last all day without any oxidation. However this isn't suitable for wear in the temperate climate for me. I think it might be the salicylic acid content that makes me flake like crazy in temperate climates.. All in all, I will repurchase as long as I stay in the tropics.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by lemon_flower

Out of all the drug store brands that I've used, this has got to be the best foundation for my skin (Asian, medium, yellowish, oily and blemish prone with perioral dermatitis >___<). I was really sad when I found out that it's been discontinued but thanks to the person below I was able to find it at BIGLOTS for $4. Got it in buff 02 (only too shades left, buff 02 and sand 05) and thought that it might be too light for my skin, but it blended surprisingly well and actually made me look, well, "clean." I top it off with a powder and altho some of the color does eventually melt off my face during the day, whatever that is still left on my skin still manages to cover the uneveness on my face. Very pleased with this product and went back to BIGLOTS for that one last bottle of foundation in that shade. Hope these last two bottles will last me a while.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2007 8:42:00 PM More reviews by mbarber

OMG, I saw this liquid at BigLots today. I had it in my hand ready to check out and I chose the Nearly naked instead because I couldn't remember what the reviews were on it. They were all $4.00!
I bought Revlon color stay also to try.
Let me know if any of you want some!!!!! Biglots in central Florida!
I'll go back and purchase to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2007 5:56:00 PM More reviews by lotsapink

I would buy this product again if it were still available! One of my friends in high school converted me from the mess that is Cover Girl cheap foundation to this stuff, and I had been a fan since. Wore well on my normal-to-oily skin and it never made me break out once.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2007 10:01:00 PM More reviews by nikki0707

I think I have been converted! Before this I used Maybelline dream matte mousse and Natio tinted spot cream because they did not break me out, but this product has combatted the flaws of these and then some! It is plentyful in Australia and the previous reviews about it being discontinued scare me. It goes on cool on the skin and is very light with application, but the coverage is wonderful. I would benefit greatly if it lasted longer as a all day foundation but I am extremely satisfied. I find i have to apply it, wait for it to dry and then dab a little more on to my blemished areas to cover greatly. It contains no sunscreen which breaks my skin out usually and does not clog pores, and my break outs are clearing up already from switching to this product. Ive been using it only 4 days. Definately try it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/1/2007 7:58:00 AM More reviews by jrw46

I love this foundation and I can't believe that they have stopped selling it in the UK. I used to use L'Oreal Ideal Balance Foundation and then they stopped doing it so, after trying millions of foundations which apparently suited combination skin (but didn't suit mine) I found this one. I think it contains salicylic acid which helps to keep the breakouts down and, once you get used to the menthol smell when you put it on, it really helped my skin and gave it a really nice even finish. It didn't block pores and the neutral colour matched my skin well and isn't orange. The only slight downsides of it are (a) it gives quite a sheer coverage which if you are blemish prone like me often didn't cover them and (b) it does rub off fairly easily when fresh so touching your face with hand and clothing early on is best avoided (c) it doesn't have a pump fitting so it can be quite difficult to get the right amount out. I can't believe that they have stopped doing this foundation. I now have to find something else...any ideas gratefully received!