August 29, 2014 | 1775 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Velvet Teddy

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ninachu8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off you should know that I'm not a big nude person. I love wearing brighter and more bold colors, even on a daily basis. I got this lipstick because I saw several people wearing it and my friend said it was her favorite MAC lipstick, but I was definitely apprehensive at first. I've tried nude lipsticks in the past but somehow they just made me look really washed out and deathly which is why I developed a dislike for nude lips. My natural lip color is also kind of dark which is why I'm more accustomed to seeing darker and brighter colors on my lips.

On my NC25, yellow-toned skin, this is a perfect nude for me. I love how it's a very natural looking nude without looking washed out, and it just wears so beautiful on my lips. It is a matte finish which will deter some people, but I personally love matte lip colors and it wears for a very long time. I'm super pleased with my purchase and this has become my favorite nude lipstick ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Velvet teddy , ohhhh sounds so nice warm and cuddly. I have had the hardest time finding a nude that wasn't too nude, ya kno what I mean. The only other nude that I found was ok was wet n wilds bare it all. I could have pulled that off, it is a nice shade, but I was feeling a little too Kim K. Not that she's not beautiful, I just needed something more nude natural. Velvet teddy enter stage left. Teddy compaired to bare it all is less peach more beige. Perfect for medium skin. Happy dance. This " nude" makes me feel sexy and sultry and looks wonderful on full lips. Fav.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In the tube, Velvet Teddy is a matte, neutral looking nude-brown color. Others have described this as a pinky-brown, and that will depend on your skin tone. On me, I don't see any pink, but it does not pull orange on me and I'm fair with cool undertones. The color, if dabbed on, looks like a MLBB color; a very pretty and natural nude. If applied heavily, it's very brown and dry looking. The staying power is great (it is a matte shade), but for this to work on me, I need to top it with a gloss.

Overall, it's a decent shade, but I do wish the color was available in a different formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Shades like this might go out of style for awhile, but they always come back. Velvet Teddy is a darker matte nude from the 90's. It has a touch of pink and brown undertones, and that's why it works for so many women. You can pair this with several lip liners to change it to your liking.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by NewEra

Love this lipstick. The color is gorgeous. Has to be my second favorite lippie, behind Instigator. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by jelloobeans

Truly love this color on me. A definite lips-but-better shade. The matte formula isn't overly drying as long as you put a bit of lip balm before application. I have a hard time looking for nudes because most would turn peachy on me but Velvet Teddy lends the perfect balance of a pink-brown-peach shade on my lips. For reference, I'm NC25 with yellow undetones, dark hair and eyes. I made a more in depth review here if anyone is interested: http://www.jellobeans.com/2014/06/mac-velvet-teddy-lipstick-review-swatch.html

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by dirtyblondeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is my all time favorite HG lipstick. it looks just like Kylie Jenner's she's been wearing all over instagram and I love it!!! Beautiful nude without giving you that dried out corpse mouth. will be buying this again and again forever!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a holy grail product for me! I debated for ages on whether or not i should purchase it, as logically everything was going against it for me. I'd never paid this much for a product, i was used to pink lip colors and had never delved into browns, AND i have extremely dry lips so matted are generally a big no no for me. However i got the sudden urge to try a brown toned lipstick and just couldn't shake it! I started out purchasing Revlon's Mink and while i liked it, it wasn't as subtle as i was hoping. I decided for some reason to splurge on this and let me say, it was 100% worth it! It's a HG product for me FOR SURE! I do need to exfoliate my lips beforehand, but it doesn't dry my lips out after application and my lips look smooth and even plumper with it on. The color is perfect for my skin tone and when i wear it i feel instantly prettier. I would definitely recommend it! Also the smell of MAC lipstick is divine! This is a must-have for women of color!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by starstruck82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute FAVORITE, wearable, everyday nude lipstick. I think it is perfect for olive-medium-tanned skinned girls. I am around a NC42 and this compliments me so well. I've struggled for a long time finding the perrfect nude for my skin tone.

The colour is a perfect blend of pink, beige and brown. Its so creamy for a matte lipstick so its not drying at all... You don't even need to top with a gloss. Its also very pigmented and full coverage so a little goes a long way and it stays put on my lips for several hours before touch-ups are needed.

Basically this is a must have for all my OLIVE skinned girls out there! See my full review and pictures of me wearing this here: http://missrubyroo.blogspot.ca/2014/04/mac-velvet-teddy-lipstick-review.html?m=0

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff looks EXACTLY like the lipstick Kylie Jenner has been wearing around lately. I love it. It's creamy but still matte and the color lasts for ages. I was afraid it would be too brown for me, but I'm happy to find that it works really well with my skintone (fair) and lips (extremely pigmented). In fact, it definitely pulls more mauvey/pink on my lips. It's beautiful. Try it out. With MAC's awesome return/exchange policy you may just end up falling in love like me!