April 17, 2014 | 1938 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Velvet Teddy

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by HNA

My go to lipstick. Matte and nude what more could you want? Long lasting and not even drying. I get asked all the time whenever I wear this what's on my lips and receive so many compliments. It's a perfect nude for Indian skin tones especially. Absolutely love it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm one of those ladies who love a bold, dramatic lip, and find it really hard to go nude.

Without a dark lip (from blood red to deep plum), i feel naked and ugly, I know this sounds silly but I struggled for years to find a nude shade that would actually make me look AND FEEL polished and not washed out.

Well I think I finally found my HOLY GRAIL nude and it is called Velvet Teddy!

It is a beautiful rosy peach shade of nude, it is opaque and you get full coverage after a single application.

I am a NC20 and my lips have a slight rosy tint. This lipstick looks really natural on me. It does not wash me out like Honeylove.

It can be worn all day, I wouldnt say that it is more suitable for a morning walk than partying at night because i can imagine it worn with nothing else, as well as paired with a dramatic smokey eye.

Overall this shade made me love nudes. Definitely an investment and will probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by BlondeCaptivation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lipstick is unlike any nude I've worn before, the closest sister to it would be NARS Blonde Venus, but even that isn't as TRUE a nude as Velvet Teddy is. Others have described this as pinky- orangey- peachy- brown. In my honest opinion, I don't see that at all. This is just a honest light brown that manages to be one step ahead of your skin color if you are light to medium complected, without taking center stage. It's the ideal nude for multiple skin tones because it isn't too light or too dark, and doesn't lean toward orange OR purple OR pink/red, if you ask me. Yes, the matte finish requires some finesse and a good lipliner if you really want precision. Yes, matte finishes can be drying on some faces. Pre-balming is key. But, all of this should already be taken into consideration before buying a matte lipstick. After all, MAC makes some really beautiful shades in Cremesheen if that's what you're after. I feel there is something very POLISHED about matte lipsticks, and this one in particular. They don't scream for attention, and they are very sophisticated when done right. If you are new to them, Velvet Teddy is the ideal place to start.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

My HG nude! I have searched high and low and have never found a nude quite like this. I had a lipstick from Revlon once that came close but turned to cinnamon red on me which is what I didn't want. This has enough Grey to pull the perfect nude for my pigmented lips. I wish I would have found this before purchasing viva glam II. Back to the store that one goes. The Matt finish is prefect for this lipstick. If I want moisture I just add aquaphor and I'm good :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 10:17:00 PM More reviews by niquemishelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I never owned an actual nude lipstick before and was a little bit skeptical with buying one. I wanted something that I could wear as an everyday lipstick, like to school or work since the majority of my lipsticks are pretty bright.

Let me just tell you, this is definitely my HG! I love it even though it was sort of a blind buy based on reviews from here and other sites and my friend actually purchased it for me as a birthday gift. It is a pinkish brown nude and it's perfect for my nc 45/caramel brown skin time. I can wear it alone or sometimes I pair it with NYX lip liner in cappuccino as well as NYX lipgloss in natural and it gives it a more juicer appeal that gets me compliments all the time!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/14/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Msritajanay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my second fav next to viva glam 2 lipstick. However I love the color but sometimes it's a little too drying. It's usually my summer nude!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/10/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by TootsDiva

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Black

I am a mac nw 45 and this was recommended to me by a MUA when i went to the counter. i had my doubts about using this lipstick as a nude but I really love it when paired with a brown liner. It is a beautiful colour on my dark skin and gets so much use. I love adding viva glam V lipgloss over it to create a beautiful contrast as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 11:53:00 PM More reviews by alanamary

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a personal limit of buying 1 MAC lipstick every time I find myself in front of the glowing beacon of hope and glamour which is the MAC display..

Truth be told, I have a ridiculous lip product obsession. BUT, somehow I had NO suitable fall-ish colors (of course..I do..but..but..I wanted something NEW)

I found this, and fell in love. I'm a pasty Irish gal, who warms up her complexion with bronzer, and platinum ash blonde hair.. This color is PERFECT. I think it would look good on almost anyone.

It's not drying, smooth application and smooth consistency. WHEN it does wear off, I don't notice feathering, smudging or anything which would make you glued to a mirror..or phone reflection..or windows

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:38:00 AM More reviews by lookof1939

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

LOVE! My favorite nude shade in years. Pls., MAC, never disco this!

Ruddy-cheeked, light-olive toned = hard for me to find a good, neutral (not too pink or too mauve or too orange) nude. Until now. Great w/Whirl lipliner.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by SomersetBec

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Haven't found this lipstick at all drying, having said that I did use a lipbalm underneath about half an hour before application. I'd say it was a very similar tone and colour to BB Brownie Pink lipstick, its a pinky beige shade, but a shade or two lighter than the BB. It's ever so slightly too pale to be used on it's own on me (mac nc35/nc37) but it looks great with Clinique Lipblush or MAC Caramellow to add a little depth. Love it as an everyday go to lipstick and perfect with strong smokey eyes of any colour as its so neutral. Love the matte finish and will definitely repurchase!