MAC Velvet Teddy

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Stearoyl Stearate, [+/-Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 3/28/2015 4:41:00 AM

Everyone seems to love this shade so I had to try it. It is AMAZING! Absolutely in love with it! I think it would suit pretty much everyone. Will definitely be purchasing this again when I run out!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

It kinda reminds me of Mary Kays signature lipstick I 2003, but at least this one I have now and I can keep, matte, not moisturizing, but I wear a gloss over this, I switch from MAC frist to a Ac matte, I prefer frost anytime. I Like the viva glam three better III same exact texture, teddy is a nice brown, too, but I look bette with lighter plums and burgandys, plus etra effort with the staying powers, this company makes great stuff, not my HG but passable for an evening out for dinner,not everyday wear, I usually wear a gloss over it for extra super-shine, have a nice day everyone

on 3/15/2015 7:18:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I officially do not understand the MAC matte lippie craze. The color is reminiscent of the 90's matte browns, with a hint of pink and a slight grey undertone. Works with my brunette hair and brown/green hazel eyes, I quite like the color. My blond blue eyed friend tried this at the makeup counter, we were side by side. On her it read entirely different. Darker, almost brick, despite we both have naturally pale lips. Anyway..

As a lipstick lover since the age of 12 (decades ago), I've tried hundreds of brands and colors. Not faithful to any particular brand. This is the third MAC matte I have purchased over a 10 year period and every time I swear - never again. The color has no staying power and this stuff dries my lips out like none other.

My theory- all of the younger generation who claims they "hate lipstick" hate it because of this particular brand.

PS I like all of their other makeup, but the lipstick is horrid.

This is my third go with velvet teddy I just cant bring myself to adore this like most ladies do. To me its just brown not nude and I dont think it has that wow factor like paramount or del rio which are basically the same type of colors so for a nude ill stick with cherish I cant get enough of that lipstick its perfect.

on 3/12/2015 8:02:00 PM

I've never tried any of the matte Mac lipsticks but based on some research and recommendations Velvet Teddy sounded like a good place to start and they were right. Not too drying but is more long lasting than the other finishes. The color is a little browner than my lips so it isn't exactly a my lips but better color but it is pretty close. A Lot of products have a hype around them for the wrong reasons but this was actually so nice. Great smell and sleek packaging as are all mac lipsticks.

on 2/28/2015 3:27:00 PM

I've been running around for a perfect lipstick, that can be worn anytime and would be stunning. This is it. Matte but velvety, nude but visible, brownish but peachy and pinky, stands out but not too much, it has a nice smell and stays on for hours. Its pricey, but seems absolutely worth it. I'm an NC15 and I have blonde hair, but I'm sure it would look great on most of us.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Although some say MAC lipsticks are expensive they are more than worth it. Amazing staying power and such vibrant colours... They are my go to lipsticks

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

This is a great lipstick.

I am someone who is shy when it comes to lipstick but I am trying to get into them more. I love a nude lip, and this is a great darker mauvey shade that is going to look great on tons of skin tones. I love how it is matte and long wearing.

Mac makes fantastic lipsticks

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like this color. It's the first Mac lipstick i've ever tried, and i really was amazed at how long it lasted. The color is bold and goes on smooth. It doesn't dry my lips out, and did i mention that it lasted me all day- for like, i kid you not, ten hours? and it came off ONLY because i washed my face for bed, and it didn't completely come off even then. I love how pretty it is, and i'm about med. brown complected with red undertones in my cheeks, for reference. I think it works great for those with dark brown skin tone who are looking for a lil "pop" in their lives. It's a lil pricey, but i guess that's what you expect with Mac. But i would totally buy again, though with that said, i'm hoping i don't run out any time soon.

on 1/27/2015 9:00:00 PM

This is my favorite everyday lip shade- if I could only choose one of my lipsticks, it would be this one. I'm an NC40 so I initially suspected that this would be too light on me, but it turned out to be the PERFECT nude shade on my deep-medium olive skin. Highly recommended for deep toned ladies looking for an everyday nude lippie. I also think the MAC matte formula absolutely beats all other high end lipsticks for a relatively affordable price compared to lipsticks carried at Sephora.

Popular Lipsticks