July 28, 2014 | 1809 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Velvet Teddy

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by NewEra

Love this lipstick. The color is gorgeous. Has to be my second favorite lippie, behind Instigator. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by jelloobeans

Truly love this color on me. A definite lips-but-better shade. The matte formula isn't overly drying as long as you put a bit of lip balm before application. I have a hard time looking for nudes because most would turn peachy on me but Velvet Teddy lends the perfect balance of a pink-brown-peach shade on my lips. For reference, I'm NC25 with yellow undetones, dark hair and eyes. I made a more in depth review here if anyone is interested: http://www.jellobeans.com/2014/06/mac-velvet-teddy-lipstick-review-swatch.html

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by dirtyblondeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is my all time favorite HG lipstick. it looks just like Kylie Jenner's she's been wearing all over instagram and I love it!!! Beautiful nude without giving you that dried out corpse mouth. will be buying this again and again forever!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a holy grail product for me! I debated for ages on whether or not i should purchase it, as logically everything was going against it for me. I'd never paid this much for a product, i was used to pink lip colors and had never delved into browns, AND i have extremely dry lips so matted are generally a big no no for me. However i got the sudden urge to try a brown toned lipstick and just couldn't shake it! I started out purchasing Revlon's Mink and while i liked it, it wasn't as subtle as i was hoping. I decided for some reason to splurge on this and let me say, it was 100% worth it! It's a HG product for me FOR SURE! I do need to exfoliate my lips beforehand, but it doesn't dry my lips out after application and my lips look smooth and even plumper with it on. The color is perfect for my skin tone and when i wear it i feel instantly prettier. I would definitely recommend it! Also the smell of MAC lipstick is divine! This is a must-have for women of color!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2014 12:44:00 PM More reviews by starstruck82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my absolute FAVORITE, wearable, everyday nude lipstick. I think it is perfect for olive-medium-tanned skinned girls. I am around a NC42 and this compliments me so well. I've struggled for a long time finding the perrfect nude for my skin tone.

The colour is a perfect blend of pink, beige and brown. Its so creamy for a matte lipstick so its not drying at all... You don't even need to top with a gloss. Its also very pigmented and full coverage so a little goes a long way and it stays put on my lips for several hours before touch-ups are needed.

Basically this is a must have for all my OLIVE skinned girls out there! See my full review and pictures of me wearing this here: http://missrubyroo.blogspot.ca/2014/04/mac-velvet-teddy-lipstick-review.html?m=0

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by MadisonBryan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This stuff looks EXACTLY like the lipstick Kylie Jenner has been wearing around lately. I love it. It's creamy but still matte and the color lasts for ages. I was afraid it would be too brown for me, but I'm happy to find that it works really well with my skintone (fair) and lips (extremely pigmented). In fact, it definitely pulls more mauvey/pink on my lips. It's beautiful. Try it out. With MAC's awesome return/exchange policy you may just end up falling in love like me!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by HNA

My go to lipstick. Matte and nude what more could you want? Long lasting and not even drying. I get asked all the time whenever I wear this what's on my lips and receive so many compliments. It's a perfect nude for Indian skin tones especially. Absolutely love it

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by nataliecrack

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm one of those ladies who love a bold, dramatic lip, and find it really hard to go nude.

Without a dark lip (from blood red to deep plum), i feel naked and ugly, I know this sounds silly but I struggled for years to find a nude shade that would actually make me look AND FEEL polished and not washed out.

Well I think I finally found my HOLY GRAIL nude and it is called Velvet Teddy!

It is a beautiful rosy peach shade of nude, it is opaque and you get full coverage after a single application.

I am a NC20 and my lips have a slight rosy tint. This lipstick looks really natural on me. It does not wash me out like Honeylove.

It can be worn all day, I wouldnt say that it is more suitable for a morning walk than partying at night because i can imagine it worn with nothing else, as well as paired with a dramatic smokey eye.

Overall this shade made me love nudes. Definitely an investment and will probably repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:37:00 PM More reviews by BlondeCaptivation

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This lipstick is unlike any nude I've worn before, the closest sister to it would be NARS Blonde Venus, but even that isn't as TRUE a nude as Velvet Teddy is. Others have described this as pinky- orangey- peachy- brown. In my honest opinion, I don't see that at all. This is just a honest light brown that manages to be one step ahead of your skin color if you are light to medium complected, without taking center stage. It's the ideal nude for multiple skin tones because it isn't too light or too dark, and doesn't lean toward orange OR purple OR pink/red, if you ask me. Yes, the matte finish requires some finesse and a good lipliner if you really want precision. Yes, matte finishes can be drying on some faces. Pre-balming is key. But, all of this should already be taken into consideration before buying a matte lipstick. After all, MAC makes some really beautiful shades in Cremesheen if that's what you're after. I feel there is something very POLISHED about matte lipsticks, and this one in particular. They don't scream for attention, and they are very sophisticated when done right. If you are new to them, Velvet Teddy is the ideal place to start.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 8:48:00 PM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

My HG nude! I have searched high and low and have never found a nude quite like this. I had a lipstick from Revlon once that came close but turned to cinnamon red on me which is what I didn't want. This has enough Grey to pull the perfect nude for my pigmented lips. I wish I would have found this before purchasing viva glam II. Back to the store that one goes. The Matt finish is prefect for this lipstick. If I want moisture I just add aquaphor and I'm good :)