MAC Velvet Teddy

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Stearoyl Stearate, [+/-Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 8/1/2015 6:00:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

The Kylie Jenner lipstick! I'm amazed I managed to pick this up, it is hugely popular.
Velvet Teddy is labelled as a matte lipstick, and it is definitely a great, neutral colour that can be worn throughout the year.
Compared to other lipsticks from MAC with this supposed 'matte' formula, I found Velvet Teddy to have more of a satin finish. It was certainly not sheer, but it wasn't matte the same way that Ruby Woo (for example) is.
I love how easy this lipstick is to apply, and because of its colour and its matte-not matte formula it was relatively low-maintenance and feathering was minimal.
The price was the same as all matte lipsticks, about 19.50. I reckon it is worth this price.
I'd like to mention that I have very dry lips and this lipstick did a good job of not making them look too prune-like.
I think this colour looks really lovely paired with the lip-liner Spice (also from MAC) and a dramatic eye make-up look, perhaps a grey smoky eye.

on 7/23/2015 5:10:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I love this lipstick! It is such a beautiful nude colour and suits me really well. I love mac lipsticks because they always have a wonderful vanilla smell and velvet teddy seems to have this more than any of the others I have tried. As much as I do love it, it is really drying on the lips and can only be worn if lips are perfectly exfoliated. I find myself reapplying quite often though, especially after eating or drinking but it s so worth it for the finish it can add to any makeup look.

on 7/22/2015 4:20:00 PM

THIS COLOUR. I bought it after seeing Kylie Jenner wear it (I'm not going to lie) as I absolutely adore the colours she wears, they look amazing! Being completely honest, swiped from left to right on the lips, it doesn't suit my NW15 skin tone personally, but blotted onto the lips, it looks absolutely beautiful! The perfect taupe nude shade, and I would recommend this technique to anyone who doesn't like the colour on the initial first try. Not overly drying as it is a creamy matte rather than a Retro Matte.

I would buy again!

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I bought this lipstick hoping it would be the perfect nude for me but it wasn't. I am an NC40 and this lipstick is a little too light for me. It's not too light that it makes me look sick-ish, but its not that beautiful everyday nude I was hoping it would be (MAC Modesty works better for me). I have to wear it with lipgloss in order to make it work. However, i know this shade looks wonderful on people with a slightly lighter skintone!

on 7/14/2015 6:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is by far my favorite mac lipstick, even before the Kylie Jenner 90's lip craze. Its perfect on my NC30 skin, it provides a matte slightly rosey nude. It's matter but I don't find it drying at all, and if anything I think it plumps up my lips!

on 7/13/2015 2:42:00 AM

OMG!!! This is my favourite lip product EVER! The color is amazing, on me its a medium brown nude. This is the perfect Kylie Jenner lip color for anyone who wants to imitate that look. What I was suprised about, was how long it lasted! I find the satin finish Mac lipsticks don't last on me, but this one lasted through drinking and eating all day. Amazing color that I just want to wear every day!! If you're thinking about getting it, get it! You won't be dissapointed!

on 7/9/2015 8:13:00 PM

This lipstick is absolutely amazing. On me, it's a deep beige/pink/peachy color, which is absolutely gorgeous. It's a matte finish, and I always use a lip liner when I use this. It's not a MLBB color for me, it's a little bit too deep for that, but it's gorgeous. This was the first MAC lipstick I ever bought, (I've been addicted to MAC since then) and I'm glad. It is such a gorgeous shade, and I highly recommend it. It's a little bit drying, but every matte lipstick is a little bit drying, although it doesn't dry out my lips too bad. As always, a matte lipstick accentuates lines, so I always exfoliate my lips before I apply this. This also lasts a long time (without the lip liner, it lasts a little less, but that's OK).

Overall, it's a gorgeous shade and I highly recommend it. MAC lipsticks will always be some of my favorite lipsticks of all time.

on 7/8/2015 9:17:00 PM

Wasn't sure about this shade but so wanted to try it. Bought online without trying on in the shop. I use it with MAC soar , which is a great pencil to use it with if you want to add a pinky/peachy tone that's very subtle. Any other colour and it would have looked brown on me! I am very fair skinned so I didn't know how it would work out I thought it might look mucky, but it looks nice on. It goes well with a smokey eye which is great as I love that look for night. Would Deffo repurchase.

on 7/8/2015 1:52:00 PM

wow! velvet teddy is my new favourite lipstick. .such a beautiful effortless lipstick. glides on makes lips look plumper and better! ! will Def repurchase this its well worth paying the bit extra for. #goforit!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This lipstick is my holy grail. I am blonde and blue-eyed with warm undertones and medium skin and this just looks perfect. I have very full and dark lips so this was a great shade for me, even sort of a MLBB. I can't do light neutrals or pinks because it makes me look like a clown, so this has been a great shade for me to wear everyday. My go to. Glides on well and is less drying then some of MACs other mattes (I had please me and hated it).

Video Reviews & Tutorials