November 27, 2014 | 1581 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Velvet Teddy

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Honeyrider1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not sure why they call this color "Velvet Teddy", because it's anything BUT "velvety" on the lips! This is a super matte, very drying lipstick. As for the color alone it's decent, however after a few hours of wearing this it just didn't look good on me. I agree with a previous reviewer about how it's just a "tad too 90s". I'm not a fan and will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by moonstarsxx

I love this colour, I use it with rimmel exaggerate lip liner in shade east end snob ( been using this for years !) which is a lovely pink colour and goes nicely with velvet teddy if you don't like that harsh lip liner effect you can sometimes get with darker liners.... I tend to look like a clown when I wear dark liners lol. This colour comes out more of a brown nude on pale skin and more of a rosey pink on darker skin. The finish I find isn't too drying even for a matte , and I do suffer with dry lips quite a lot. Overall I do recommend this lippie :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Vanityfemme

So glad I bought this lipstick before the whole Kylie Jenner hype as its sold out everywhere! It's a great fall colour and I highly reccomend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by EmmyK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Velvet teddy has to be one of the most in-demand shades of lipstick it's crazy.
Gorgeous tawny shade to even out skin-tone on the lip and to complete natural to vampy looks. Has that 1990's vibe and suits fair - medium skin tones for a natural colour or darker skin tones for a similar affect to 'Myth' or 'Fleshpot' it may look ashy though because of the texture. It's a very soft matte lipstick, not at all like the retro matte lipsticks where it can be like chalk for dry lipped people. Lasts roughly 6 hours on my lips, no matter how much I exfoliate my lips I do get that dehydrated line no matter what I use but this doesn't aggravate it too much. Similar colour to try would be Spirit (Satin) and obviously Taupe and Honeylove.

Lip liners that go well from M.A.C are Spice (lip pencil ) Subculture (lip pencil) or Nice 'n' Spicy (pro-longwear.) It's easy to alter the colour with other lip liners too, like currant for a plum look or In anticipation for a dusty pink tone.

I would re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Bareskin24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kylie jenner lips

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Bambolalola

The most important thing for me is that it smells just extremely great!
The other thing is that it lasts for many hours. Sometimes when I use it in the morning, I don't have to primp it till late night. This is amazing for when you want to do an understated vampy plum look. I love this lipstick! The pigmentation in this product is amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by LaurenHaich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I do like Mac Lipsticks, I always have. I have an avid collection and heard about Velvet Teddy's popularity and decided I HAD to buy it. First of all, I must mention it's a Matte Lipstick (I didn't know this before I bought it). That's okay for me as I like the Mac Matte staying power, they usually last all day (this one lasted a while, but I found myself reapplying).One big plus for me with ALL Mac lipsticks though, is the smell. Mac have a nice habit of making their lipsticks smell of Vanilla, and I love that. The colour is nice, but not suited for my pale skin tone. I have to apply a warmer lip liner then blend it out then it looks like a nice mushroom-y nude. I wouldn't buy it again, just because it doesn't look right on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by susieax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because of the Kylie Jenner hype - everybody wants her lips right!? Well this lipstick won't really achieve that. It's a nice colour, great smell and packaging as usual, but even with the Whirl lipliner - it's just a bit too 90s for me and doesn't at all feel luxurious like other Mac lipsticks out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

The color of Velvet Teddy was beautiful...in the tube. On my lips, it became a muddy orange-brown that wasn't flattering in the least on my light yellow/olive skin. The quality of the product is excellent though, so I returned it to MAC to try another lipstick instead of requesting a refund.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried oh so very hard to make this lipstick work after the whole Kylie Jenner lip insanity - serves me right for jumping on that bandwagon. I could not make this lipstick look in any way flattering on me - it appeared so ashy and gray on my lips despite trying to use different lip liners. The formula is fine, as Mac matte formulas usually are, however I could not make the color work for my NC25 skin tone at all.