September 2, 2014 | 1981 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Velvet Teddy

rated 4 of 5 on 9/2/2014 4:38:00 AM More reviews by xodrpickles

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

The perfect nude for tanned skin! I'm pakistani and portuguese so my skin is quite chocolate-y. Usually I'm a fan of the Nicki Minaj soft pinks for my lips, but lately I've been venturing into the nudes. This is the first MAC lipstick I've ever tried and I am in love. Wore it for like 2 weeks straight. It's a softer nude for darker skin, unlike the darker nudes with more reddish/brown undertones. I took off a star because of the ridiculously drying formula - although that is to be expected of MAC lipsticks, I suppose. Also, the staying power is not long at all. This will last you maybe 1-2 hours until it dries up your lips and creates that disgusting white line inside your mouth. Not cute! But that's a rare occurrence and for now, I don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by cosmeticsprincess

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was one of those people who thought I could never wear a nude lipstick - until now. I had tried all these nude lipsticks -

* MAC Creme D'Nude (nice, but I had to do a smoky eye with it, or it'd make me look washed out)
* MAC Myth (way too light for me)
* MAC Cherish (didn't suit me)
* GOSH Darling (way too light)

I went to MAC store yesterday hoping to score myself a free lipstick with my Back2Mac items - only about 6 were in stock & none of the colours that I wanted.

I almost went for MAC Kinda Sexy but the SA suggested I try Velvet Teddy - she couldn't find a tester for it though - so she showed me a new one. I had doubts, but I bought it.

I like a slight pink on my lips, so I coloured my lips using a MAC Lip Pencil first. The result! A gorgeous, natural, not-overdone look.

I'm officially hooked.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/27/2014 8:22:00 PM More reviews by ninachu8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First off you should know that I'm not a big nude person. I love wearing brighter and more bold colors, even on a daily basis. I got this lipstick because I saw several people wearing it and my friend said it was her favorite MAC lipstick, but I was definitely apprehensive at first. I've tried nude lipsticks in the past but somehow they just made me look really washed out and deathly which is why I developed a dislike for nude lips. My natural lip color is also kind of dark which is why I'm more accustomed to seeing darker and brighter colors on my lips.

On my NC25, yellow-toned skin, this is a perfect nude for me. I love how it's a very natural looking nude without looking washed out, and it just wears so beautiful on my lips. It is a matte finish which will deter some people, but I personally love matte lip colors and it wears for a very long time. I'm super pleased with my purchase and this has become my favorite nude lipstick ever.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/22/2014 3:23:00 PM More reviews by Alliecat333

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Velvet teddy , ohhhh sounds so nice warm and cuddly. I have had the hardest time finding a nude that wasn't too nude, ya kno what I mean. The only other nude that I found was ok was wet n wilds bare it all. I could have pulled that off, it is a nice shade, but I was feeling a little too Kim K. Not that she's not beautiful, I just needed something more nude natural. Velvet teddy enter stage left. Teddy compaired to bare it all is less peach more beige. Perfect for medium skin. Happy dance. This " nude" makes me feel sexy and sultry and looks wonderful on full lips. Fav.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

In the tube, Velvet Teddy is a matte, neutral looking nude-brown color. Others have described this as a pinky-brown, and that will depend on your skin tone. On me, I don't see any pink, but it does not pull orange on me and I'm fair with cool undertones. The color, if dabbed on, looks like a MLBB color; a very pretty and natural nude. If applied heavily, it's very brown and dry looking. The staying power is great (it is a matte shade), but for this to work on me, I need to top it with a gloss.

Overall, it's a decent shade, but I do wish the color was available in a different formula.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2014 12:25:00 AM More reviews by staciarose22

Shades like this might go out of style for awhile, but they always come back. Velvet Teddy is a darker matte nude from the 90's. It has a touch of pink and brown undertones, and that's why it works for so many women. You can pair this with several lip liners to change it to your liking.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2014 1:00:00 PM More reviews by NewEra

Love this lipstick. The color is gorgeous. Has to be my second favorite lippie, behind Instigator. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2014 9:15:00 AM More reviews by jelloobeans

Truly love this color on me. A definite lips-but-better shade. The matte formula isn't overly drying as long as you put a bit of lip balm before application. I have a hard time looking for nudes because most would turn peachy on me but Velvet Teddy lends the perfect balance of a pink-brown-peach shade on my lips. For reference, I'm NC25 with yellow undetones, dark hair and eyes. I made a more in depth review here if anyone is interested: http://www.jellobeans.com/2014/06/mac-velvet-teddy-lipstick-review-swatch.html

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2014 3:48:00 PM More reviews by dirtyblondeee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

this is my all time favorite HG lipstick. it looks just like Kylie Jenner's she's been wearing all over instagram and I love it!!! Beautiful nude without giving you that dried out corpse mouth. will be buying this again and again forever!!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/18/2014 7:46:00 PM More reviews by RideTheLightning

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a holy grail product for me! I debated for ages on whether or not i should purchase it, as logically everything was going against it for me. I'd never paid this much for a product, i was used to pink lip colors and had never delved into browns, AND i have extremely dry lips so matted are generally a big no no for me. However i got the sudden urge to try a brown toned lipstick and just couldn't shake it! I started out purchasing Revlon's Mink and while i liked it, it wasn't as subtle as i was hoping. I decided for some reason to splurge on this and let me say, it was 100% worth it! It's a HG product for me FOR SURE! I do need to exfoliate my lips beforehand, but it doesn't dry my lips out after application and my lips look smooth and even plumper with it on. The color is perfect for my skin tone and when i wear it i feel instantly prettier. I would definitely recommend it! Also the smell of MAC lipstick is divine! This is a must-have for women of color!