October 24, 2014 | 1690 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Velvet Teddy

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

The color of Velvet Teddy was beautiful...in the tube. On my lips, it became a muddy orange-brown that wasn't flattering in the least on my light yellow/olive skin. The quality of the product is excellent though, so I returned it to MAC to try another lipstick instead of requesting a refund.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried oh so very hard to make this lipstick work after the whole Kylie Jenner lip insanity - serves me right for jumping on that bandwagon. I could not make this lipstick look in any way flattering on me - it appeared so ashy and gray on my lips despite trying to use different lip liners. The formula is fine, as Mac matte formulas usually are, however I could not make the color work for my NC25 skin tone at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by mizztanyamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes my lips look gray and dulls the rest of my face. It was definitely a miss for me. I tried layering it with a few things, but it didn't help much. I don't think I will be wearing it since I own natural shades that look much nicer on my warm colored skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

I am an NW20 and lean a little cooler. This comes out a pink brown on me. perfect for anytime of year when you are looking for a natural lip color. This is a matte, it is dryer and if your lips are chapped or dry it will look cakey and will cling to lines. Using a balm underneath a gloss on top and keep your lips hydrated and exfoliated will help. Otherwise go for one of the sheen or creamsheen shades.

This can fall into the fanatic trend of Kylie Jenner or 90's look. I have Burree and whirl lip liner from MAC which both goes with this lippy. I've also used several nuded toned pencils from NYX also this will blend and subtle change colors depending on the pencil color.

This is a brown tone so if that won't work on you or you don't care for it. It will not probably be good for you. There is a fantastic to try Mac lip colors before you buy www.bodyneeds2.com is a fantastic place to get MAC lippy and eye shawdow samples!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ang_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can understand why this lippie is so popular but on me it just did not work. When I swiped it on, it looked like a dirty brown on my lips. To make it work I had to spread it around my lips with my finger and wait for my lips to kind of absorb and change it (not sure if that makes sense, with some lippies, my lips turn them brighter). Even then it was a hard colour for me to wear (NC25 with very dark hair and eyes). In the end I B2MAC'ed it, deciding that something with more pink was called for.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2014 9:39:00 PM More reviews by EmilyProbyn

My favourite all time nude lipstick! A beautiful mid tone browny nude which is a great day-time lip. It pairs so well with my MAC "Stripdown" lipliner. I must admit, i do sometimes find the matte formula by MAC slightly drying so be careful with this lipstick if your prone to cracked or dry lips.

Velvet teddy is just so versatile for me. It can be worn on its own for a perfect dark nude pout or be mixed with other MAC lipsticks such as "Creme d'Nude" for a lighter more mid tone nude (also for when your lips may not be feeling matte lipsticks due to the fact they can be a little drying) or with "Cosmo" to create a much more deeper mauvey brown creamy look.

Id say it suits all skin tones, Im fairly pale-medium skin tone and it suits me but it also suits my mixed raced and darker skin friends, so is a firm favourite from us all! Scent wise it is the usual vanilla scent and as always the sleek black bullet packaging by MAC. Well worth the money.. Especially if your a nude addict like me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2014 9:01:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

This is truly such a gorgeous lipstick, I'm wondering why it took me so long to purchase this!!!! I just bought my 2nd tube and will probably repurchase as long as they continue to make it. The color is truly gorgeous, and looks fabulous on my NW20 skin tone. Also, this is one of the few matte lipsticks that doesn't feel drying at all on my lips. Even when I apply it over moisturized lips as opposed to lips that have lip balm on them, this lipstick still doesn't dry them out and lasts a surprisingly long time. Add a lip liner and you're in business for at least a full morning or afternoon. I would say it's definitely worth at least a look-see at the MAC counter on your next visit!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by daisypetals

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

In love with literally EVERYTHING about this product. The formula is great compared to many other matte lip products that I've tried and doesn't make the creases in my lips too noticeable and it actually feels pretty moisturizing rather than drying. The scent is amazing also and although it is your regular mac lipstick scent I thought I should add in that the scent is AMAZING because I've had other lip products that I just could not use due to terrible scent. The colour looks phenomenal on me. I'm very fair and I have a hard time trying to find a good lipstick that's a pinky/brown colour that doesn't look too strange on me since I am so light. I think that this lipstick can suit so many skin tones and it's just lovely all around. Will most definitely buy another when I run out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 1:32:00 PM More reviews by PBtangerine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My perfect nude lip with a little color for everyday! Love the smooth texture. I use the MAC strip down lip liner with this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2014 5:29:00 PM More reviews by WChea

I love this one! As soon as I applied it, I knew it was exactly what I was looking for. A gorgeous nude with a slight lean to the brown-ish side. It looks a bit more mauve pink in the sun though. Also, it is a matte finish. It is incredibly long lasting and doesn't fade or sink into lines. It stays the way you applied it throughout the day. It has a creamy smell to it similar to Jubilee. I'd say this is a great great lipstick to have. It is a staple and I will definitely be rebuying it in the future.