MAC Velvet Teddy

4.4

Octyldodecanol, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Silica, Tricaprylyl Citrate, Ozokerite, Isononyl Isononanoate, Paraffin, Phenyl Trimethicone, Microcrystalline Wax\Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcristalline, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax\Cera Carnauba\Cire De Carnauba, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Vanillin, Acrylates Copolymer, Polyethylene Terephthalate, Stearyl Stearoyl Stearate, [+/-Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Red 6, Red 6 Lake, Red 7 Lake, Red 21 Lake, Red 28 Lake, Red 30 Lake, Red 33 Lake, Yellow 5 Lake, Yellow 6 Lake, Yellow 10 Lake]

on 7/3/2015 2:47:00 PM

LOOOVVVEE this lipstick it's my favorite i wear it all the time. I think it's very expensive tho

on 6/24/2015 2:07:00 AM

The lip colour is very smooth on the lips, smells amazing as usual :) I bought it in the summer and I find it to be more of a fall shade, will be wearing it quite a lot in the fall/winter

on 6/23/2015 4:57:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love this colour so much, it's perfect for everyone. This is such a versatile, yet unique lip colour to wear. The matte effect is not overdrying but your lips definitely have to be well exfoliated and moisturized to get the best wear out of this lipstick. Velvet Teddy is the perfect neutral that isn't too pink and isn't too brown. I love the wear I get out of this and the classic MAC lipstick packaging that the lipstick's in. Definitely one of my go-to lips, whether it's daily wear or a formal occasion (no matter the outfit or makeup)!

on 6/17/2015 2:57:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I got Velvet Teddy a few months ago and it's already become one of my all time favorites. The color is a muted, warm mix of brown, pink, and peach, and it has a soft matte finish that's not totally flat like MAC Ruby Woo. MAC's matte finish can be variable in quality, and, thankfully, this lipstick is one of the good ones. It's creamy, comfortable, and light on the lips, and while it's not very hydrating, it doesn't suck moisture from my dry lips either. I have medium-tan skin with golden undertones (NC35), and on me, Velvet Teddy is the perfect "nude for all occasions" sort of lipstick. It's muted enough to tone down my reddish-pink lips if I'm doing an intense eye, but it has enough color to not wash me out if I'm wearing minimal makeup. The velvety finish and the brownish pink color make the lips look lovely and plump. Velvet Teddy's one of the rare lipsticks I have that goes with literally every look, and I think everyone should try it.

on 6/10/2015 11:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

I'm in love. Unusual color -- a mid-tone beige, slightly mauve shade -- in a true matte formulation that lasts. Its application is very creamy, unlike some of MAC's other matte lipsticks. There's amazingly little transfer. And it's not sticky (I hate sticky lipstick). As another reviewer noted, this is a very versatile shade that can be darkened or tweaked with the addition of lipliner and would likely suit all but very dark complexions.

Overall, lovely color, texture and longevity. Will wear this daily.

on 6/10/2015 3:55:00 PM

I think Velvet Teddy is a pretty universal nude/brown/hint of mauve shade. On me (honey blonde hair, blue eyes, light cool complexion) it can look dark but also just has the prettiest tone to it and makes my lips look plump. The matte formula is very nice and not over drying at all. It doesn't settle into cracks as much as some other MAC mattes I have. This looks great with or without liner and the tone can be changed by using different liners so it's very versatile. Since it pulls pretty taupe/brown on me I feel kind of 90's when I wear it, which is ok with me! I like it with brown eyeshadow and a peachy or neutral cheek.

A tip for storing MAC lipsticks, as someone was saying they didn't like the packaging below: I now have over 30 MAC lipsticks and was running into the same problem with figuring out which is which. I found a rectangle metal mesh holder (I think some soap came in it) that's about 6"x10" with sides that are a bit shorter than the lipsticks. I flattened all the MAC lipstick boxes I had and cut them in half, then popped them back open into a square shape and lined these up in the box. Now I can store all of my MAC lipsticks in the same holder upside down for easy finding! The half-boxes are tall enough to keep the tubes from falling over or being crooked. I have mine ordered by color category. If you care about keeping your boxes in tact then this won't work, but you could even make cardboard inserts pretty easily if you're crafty. Maybe this will work for you!

on 6/7/2015 1:35:00 PM

I wear this literally everyday
I'm a mac nc25-30 and have lips that get dry very easily

pros:
-matte but not drying
-pigmented
-goes with everything
-nude but doesn't wash out skintone
-the packaging and smell are great (as with all mac lipsticks)

cons:
-it san settle if your lips are as dry as the sahara desert, but that goes for all lip colours

on 6/7/2015 10:03:00 AM

Velvet Teddy is the perfect 'my lips but better' shade for me. The formula is lovely and creamy and sits nicely on my lips unlike some other MAC lipsticks I own.

on 6/7/2015 7:48:00 AM

I finally managed to get hold of this colour after searching everywhere for it and being told that it's out of stock. I am medium skinned and have yellow undertones which I find makes it difficult for me to find a nude colour to suit me - they're either too light, too peachy/yellow, too pinky or too brown. Velvet teddy is unlike any other "nude" I have tried. It's a blend of the right amount of pink, brown and orange. It looks very natural, effortless and does not wash me out. I find that this colour is quite strange though. On some days, it's is more the browny/orangey colour which is my perfect nude and on some days it pulls more browny/pinky or more mauve which looks stunning yet still quite natural and everyday appropriate. I highly recommend this to all medium skinned ladies. I also made my black friend, who believes that she'll look like a clown in makeup, try this and it looked amazing on her. I love how versatile this lipstick is. On my friend it definitely pulls more mauve or rosy than brown.

On to the formula. Unlike most MAC matte lipsticks which tend to be quite drying, chalky and cakey, this one is actually surprisingly creamy. It does not moisturise the lips but yet does not dry them out. It feels comfortable on the lips and does not cake when it is topped up or re-applied. It does however settle into fine lines which makes the lips look quite parched. I have found that applying the nuxe reve de meil lip balm, which is another product I highly recommend, prior to applying this lipstick helps to stop this and prolongs the wear of the lipstick.

This is my perfect nude colour and so I would definitely repurchase. I am slightly annoyed at the packaging however. Although it looks sleek and classy, there is no colour indication on the tubes and it is a hell of a hassle to root through all my MAC lipsticks just to find the one I want.

on 5/30/2015 10:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have quite pink coloured lips and my skin colour is medium/tan and this colour is the perfect nude for me. sometimes I'll apply morning coffee as a liner underneath and it will make the colour a tad darker but it's quite amazing on it's own. at first glance I thought it would be a coral-y colour but it's actually very browny-pinkish. I would definitely re-purchase it.

Popular Lipsticks