November 23, 2014 | 1495 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Velvet Teddy

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by EmmyK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Velvet teddy has to be one of the most in-demand shades of lipstick it's crazy.
Gorgeous tawny shade to even out skin-tone on the lip and to complete natural to vampy looks. Has that 1990's vibe and suits fair - medium skin tones for a natural colour or darker skin tones for a similar affect to 'Myth' or 'Fleshpot' it may look ashy though because of the texture. It's a very soft matte lipstick, not at all like the retro matte lipsticks where it can be like chalk for dry lipped people. Lasts roughly 6 hours on my lips, no matter how much I exfoliate my lips I do get that dehydrated line no matter what I use but this doesn't aggravate it too much. Similar colour to try would be Spirit (Satin) and obviously Taupe and Honeylove.

Lip liners that go well from M.A.C are Spice (lip pencil ) Subculture (lip pencil) or Nice 'n' Spicy (pro-longwear.) It's easy to alter the colour with other lip liners too, like currant for a plum look or In anticipation for a dusty pink tone.

I would re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Bareskin24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kylie jenner lips

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Bambolalola

The most important thing for me is that it smells just extremely great!
The other thing is that it lasts for many hours. Sometimes when I use it in the morning, I don't have to primp it till late night. This is amazing for when you want to do an understated vampy plum look. I love this lipstick! The pigmentation in this product is amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2014 10:44:00 AM More reviews by LaurenHaich

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I do like Mac Lipsticks, I always have. I have an avid collection and heard about Velvet Teddy's popularity and decided I HAD to buy it. First of all, I must mention it's a Matte Lipstick (I didn't know this before I bought it). That's okay for me as I like the Mac Matte staying power, they usually last all day (this one lasted a while, but I found myself reapplying).One big plus for me with ALL Mac lipsticks though, is the smell. Mac have a nice habit of making their lipsticks smell of Vanilla, and I love that. The colour is nice, but not suited for my pale skin tone. I have to apply a warmer lip liner then blend it out then it looks like a nice mushroom-y nude. I wouldn't buy it again, just because it doesn't look right on me.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/2/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by susieax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this because of the Kylie Jenner hype - everybody wants her lips right!? Well this lipstick won't really achieve that. It's a nice colour, great smell and packaging as usual, but even with the Whirl lipliner - it's just a bit too 90s for me and doesn't at all feel luxurious like other Mac lipsticks out there.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/24/2014 4:49:00 PM More reviews by snowshoe73

The color of Velvet Teddy was beautiful...in the tube. On my lips, it became a muddy orange-brown that wasn't flattering in the least on my light yellow/olive skin. The quality of the product is excellent though, so I returned it to MAC to try another lipstick instead of requesting a refund.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2014 11:52:00 PM More reviews by desertrose08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I tried oh so very hard to make this lipstick work after the whole Kylie Jenner lip insanity - serves me right for jumping on that bandwagon. I could not make this lipstick look in any way flattering on me - it appeared so ashy and gray on my lips despite trying to use different lip liners. The formula is fine, as Mac matte formulas usually are, however I could not make the color work for my NC25 skin tone at all.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/22/2014 11:20:00 PM More reviews by mizztanyamarie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This makes my lips look gray and dulls the rest of my face. It was definitely a miss for me. I tried layering it with a few things, but it didn't help much. I don't think I will be wearing it since I own natural shades that look much nicer on my warm colored skin tone.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/9/2014 11:58:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

I am an NW20 and lean a little cooler. This comes out a pink brown on me. perfect for anytime of year when you are looking for a natural lip color. This is a matte, it is dryer and if your lips are chapped or dry it will look cakey and will cling to lines. Using a balm underneath a gloss on top and keep your lips hydrated and exfoliated will help. Otherwise go for one of the sheen or creamsheen shades.

This can fall into the fanatic trend of Kylie Jenner or 90's look. I have Burree and whirl lip liner from MAC which both goes with this lippy. I've also used several nuded toned pencils from NYX also this will blend and subtle change colors depending on the pencil color.

This is a brown tone so if that won't work on you or you don't care for it. It will not probably be good for you. There is a fantastic to try Mac lip colors before you buy www.bodyneeds2.com is a fantastic place to get MAC lippy and eye shawdow samples!

rated 3 of 5 on 10/9/2014 1:28:00 AM More reviews by ang_c

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I can understand why this lippie is so popular but on me it just did not work. When I swiped it on, it looked like a dirty brown on my lips. To make it work I had to spread it around my lips with my finger and wait for my lips to kind of absorb and change it (not sure if that makes sense, with some lippies, my lips turn them brighter). Even then it was a hard colour for me to wear (NC25 with very dark hair and eyes). In the end I B2MAC'ed it, deciding that something with more pink was called for.