December 19, 2014 | 1440 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Velvet Teddy

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2014 5:25:00 AM More reviews by wendy4421

It's a pretty, nude color. I have medium beige skin with an olive undertone and when I swipe this on my lips it comes off as a more pale brown. The scent this lipstick carries is a lovely, very light and sweet vanilla scent. It's a matte shade, with a creamy feel and one application of this color on your lips will last you without wearing off for a decent time (about 4 hours)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/10/2014 11:27:00 AM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was impossible to get hold of in the UK (apparently some celebrity I've never heard of uses it) but was very easy to find in the US..so I got two! I'd been told my a few people that it would look weird on pale skin (I'm NW20) but it actually looks lovely, especially with Subculture or Whirl liner to define the lips. It did look very brown in the tube initially, so I had my doubts! Since this is a matte shade, it can be really drying so I'd suggest applying a lip treatment overnight (Vaseline over Nuxe Reve de Miel is brilliant) and a sugar scrub in the morning (I use Lush's one) to exfoliate any dead skin. It does last a few hours on the lips, but needs to be reapplied after eating or drinking.

I love this shade for the Autumn/Winter weather with my Subculture liner (cannot get hold of Whirl anywhere) - a perfect 90s inspired brownish nude that doesn't look at all weird on fair skin! A must-have if you're curious and don't have anything else similar in your makeup collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2014 6:39:00 AM More reviews by Coebags

I bought this without hearing the Kylie Jenner hype just because it looked so beautiful when I swatched it. I was in the market for a matte lipstick and just knew this was the one for me. I don't find the texture drying at all and it lasts soo long on the lips, I only feel the need to reapply because I love how it feels on the lips and the smell is gorgeous too.. I'm thinking of buying Kinda Sexy in the hope it will be as good.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/28/2014 5:03:00 AM More reviews by avenged1986

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I have this for a while and I love it despite being N1 in Face and Body during the winter and N2 in summer. I wear in with everything from subculture, stripdown, oak, chestnut, whirl, hover and even stone liners. The colour of liner can really change the look of this lipstick. It is a matte lipstick so it will dry out the lips, which is not an issue if the correct pre-use prep is carried out. I love Mac matte lipstick although this is not quite as drying as fixed on drama or diva (in my opinion). I wear it with quite an orange blush (Illamasqua excite or lover) or with a pale pink (dame or well dressed) or even with blushes like plum foolery or warm soul or harmony. It can be worn with a full on dramatic eye or with just mascara and everything in between.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/26/2014 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Honeyrider1977

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not sure why they call this color "Velvet Teddy", because it's anything BUT "velvety" on the lips! This is a super matte, very drying lipstick. As for the color alone it's decent, however after a few hours of wearing this it just didn't look good on me. I agree with a previous reviewer about how it's just a "tad too 90s". I'm not a fan and will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2014 10:56:00 AM More reviews by moonstarsxx

I love this colour, I use it with rimmel exaggerate lip liner in shade east end snob ( been using this for years !) which is a lovely pink colour and goes nicely with velvet teddy if you don't like that harsh lip liner effect you can sometimes get with darker liners.... I tend to look like a clown when I wear dark liners lol. This colour comes out more of a brown nude on pale skin and more of a rosey pink on darker skin. The finish I find isn't too drying even for a matte , and I do suffer with dry lips quite a lot. Overall I do recommend this lippie :)

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2014 3:29:00 PM More reviews by Vanityfemme

So glad I bought this lipstick before the whole Kylie Jenner hype as its sold out everywhere! It's a great fall colour and I highly reccomend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2014 1:37:00 PM More reviews by EmmyK

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Velvet teddy has to be one of the most in-demand shades of lipstick it's crazy.
Gorgeous tawny shade to even out skin-tone on the lip and to complete natural to vampy looks. Has that 1990's vibe and suits fair - medium skin tones for a natural colour or darker skin tones for a similar affect to 'Myth' or 'Fleshpot' it may look ashy though because of the texture. It's a very soft matte lipstick, not at all like the retro matte lipsticks where it can be like chalk for dry lipped people. Lasts roughly 6 hours on my lips, no matter how much I exfoliate my lips I do get that dehydrated line no matter what I use but this doesn't aggravate it too much. Similar colour to try would be Spirit (Satin) and obviously Taupe and Honeylove.

Lip liners that go well from M.A.C are Spice (lip pencil ) Subculture (lip pencil) or Nice 'n' Spicy (pro-longwear.) It's easy to alter the colour with other lip liners too, like currant for a plum look or In anticipation for a dusty pink tone.

I would re-purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Bareskin24

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Kylie jenner lips

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2014 1:26:00 PM More reviews by Bambolalola

The most important thing for me is that it smells just extremely great!
The other thing is that it lasts for many hours. Sometimes when I use it in the morning, I don't have to primp it till late night. This is amazing for when you want to do an understated vampy plum look. I love this lipstick! The pigmentation in this product is amazing!