Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder

3.9

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.0%, Zinc Oxide 4.2% Ingredients: Mica,Squalane, Silica, Boron Nitride, Lauroyl Lysine, Kaolin, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides, Ultramarines

on 5/11/2015 2:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is amazing! It has great coverage for a powder foundation. I have cystic acne and this mostly covers it. I use the E.L.F powder brush and quickly pat this on my face and go to school! (No primer or concealer) The only downsides are that the colors run a bit dark and orange and that, in my INCREDIBLY oily t-zone, it isn't the best at controlling oil. I use translucent (I prefer light translucent but it isn't sold in a lot of stores in my area and the name is contradicting bc translucent actually has color and coverage lol) and it is slightly orange on my skin. I have combination skin that's SUPER SUPER oily in my t zone and normal everywhere else. The powder has good staying powder everywhere except for my t zone, but to be honest, N O T H I N G ever stays remotely matte in my t zone. Despite that, I've bought this powder about 6 times because I love it so much. Anyways, I still use this everyday and have bought this about 6 times.

I absolutely love this powder. I apply it with a Real Techniques powder brush and it just applies beautifully. I do agree that it does kick up a bit of powder, but I've used loose powders in the past so that doesn't bother me at all. I hate wearing foundation so I've been on a long search for a good powder and I finally found it. Also, I have very oily skin and this is the only powder that keeps it at bay. The coverage is very nice. It's not too cakey bc of how I apply it, but it definitely does provide decent coverage. Definitely holy grail and will continue to repurchase.

on 4/26/2015 12:19:00 PM

I really really like this powder foundation!

PROS:
TALC FREE
LIGHTWEIGHT
MEDIUM COVERAGE
HOLDS UP WELL OVER TIME
GOOD FOR COMBO SKIN
DRUGSTORE CONVENIENT
STILL LOOKS LIKE SKIN

CONS:
SMALL SHADE RANGE (3 COLORS)
CAN GET DUSTY
HAVE TO PREP SKIN IF DRY

***ABOUT MY SKIN/MY THOUGHTS:
I am about an NW15/NC15 in MAC and I wear the translucent shade of this powder. I have moderate dry flakey skin on sides of my nose but can have combo skin on my face next to nose and chin when it's warmer weather. I feel like this powder really blends into my skin way better than any liquid form of foundation I've tried. My all time fave liquid foundation is Tarte amazonian clay 12 hour full coverage in the squeeze tube. I love that stuff!! That foundation is a bit thick when out of the tube but can be sheered out beautifully. It's hard for me to find a foundation that works on my combo skin and dry patches. I have to constantly exfoliate my nose and moisturize a lot. The PF powder foundation is my HG summer foundation at the moment and I love love love that it's from the drugstore! It provides pretty great coverage (very good medium) and seems to last a good 6-8 hours or more if not in crazy heat. I will definitely repurchase this and use during the summer. It can get a little powdery n dusty if u pat a brush too hard into the compact but will not prevent me from using. Definitely give it a try end if u have dry skin....which I know using a powder on dry skin is a no no. Just exfoliate well and use a face oil or good moisturizer a few mins before applying. I love how light it feels and is never tacky feeling like liquids can be. I use the Cetaphil moisturizer, then bare minerals primer (original) and the loreal miracle blur to fill in pores n fine lines. Then I use the PH powder foundation all over. Then i set with Urban Decay all nighter setting spray since it is a powder. I also use Maybeline instant age rewind eraser under eyes & on small imperfections to conseal before applying the powder. This is my GO TO FOUNDATION ROUTINE.

on 4/24/2015 9:58:00 PM

So After wearing this around a few days I did feel that it was very drying for my combination skin. I can literally feel it sucking out the moisture of my skin and also accentuating dry patches which I didn't know I even had especially for the spring time I usually do not get very dry this time of year. I tried a setting spray but it didn't help minimize the dry patches (and I use really good moisturizers too) I will definatelly try a primer underneath and see if that makes a difference otherwise this might only work during super humid months for my skin type. Next I will try "flower" Powder trip powder foundation (walmart) which is on beauty pedia under best foundations - sounds less drying/cakey.

This powder was more coverage then i was expecting, and not in a bad way. The reason I wouldn't repurchase is because too much product comes off when using it. Like powder everywhere!! Very messy

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this pressed powder. I have it in "translucent", but it definitely has some color to it, especially if you apply it with a kabuki brush like I do. However, it works for my NC25 skin. I love how natural it looks. It keeps my skin matte way longer than most powders. It also feels light and gentle on my skin. My pores seem to not clog as easily when I use this. It also doesn't oxidize. The only thing I really don't like about it is how much powder gets kicked up when you run a brush across it. Overall, I plan on hoarding a bunch of these. The only thing I've found that I like better is Too Faced Amazing Face powder foundation, but it's way more expensive.

on 2/11/2015 10:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

This made my face itch like crazy. The coverage was good before I had to wash it off.

on 1/24/2015 12:13:00 PM

I bought this in the shade "Translucent." It's not translucent at all; in fact, it's quite pigmented. I wouldn't mind this, since a nicely pigmented pressed powder would be a very useful thing. However, herein lies the problem. "Translucent" should be, if not entirely translucent, at least a very light color, right? Wrong! At least according to Physician's Formula.

I'm very pale and even when applied with a very light hand, this turned me oompa loompa orange. I used a semi-fluffy powder brush and picked up the powder using a dabbing (not sweeping) motion, and lightly swept it across my face. Orange. So I tried "buffing" it into my skin, hoping the orange would tone down with some blending. Nope. Just well-blended orange now.

Why -- for goodness sake, why -- would you make an ORANGE powder and label it "Translucent"? If you aren't going to make an appropriately pale shade, then just abandon that pretense and start your color range off with "Warm Beige" as your lightest shade or something. Good grief.

That being said, I gave it a "2" because the powder does have a lovely texture. Smooth, finely milled, matte but not chalky, and easy to apply. The compact is a bit bulky (due mostly to the inclusion of a not-especially-useful brush) but decent quality. If you can find a color match, I would still recommend giving the powder a shot. I can't speak to breakouts, irritation, etc. as I didn't have it on my face long enough to test those. Just be aware that you'll probably want to buy a shade or two lighter than you normally would.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

After looking at it for weeks, I finally bought a Physicians Formula Mineral Wear Talc-Free Mineral Face Powder in the shade 2238 Soft Green. I wasn't sure whether or not I'd like this because I have dark (NW40 for reference) skin & thought it might literally look green on my face. I specially wanted to try this pressed powder because I actually do have extra sensitive & breakout-prone skin; when I saw that this reduces irritation & breakouts, I had to try it.

I don't know what was up with the particular package I bought, but it didn't have the brush inside the compact—"includes built-in mirror & brush." It wasn't the end of the world because I don't mind using my own kabuki brush. The powder did cut the shine from my face like any other powder, but not much else. Most of us know that "green" means corrector… this doesn't do much on its own but eliminate shine & offer a little bit of coverage. I loved how it took the oil off my face without totally drying it out… The powder is green-&-white marble in color & comes off a little white on the skin, & looks translucent after it's blended out. Regardless of your skin tone, I recommend a light hand when applying.

I mostly wear this powder alone, but I do sometimes use it to set/finish liquid makeup. This is a great everyday powder if you have oily, sensitive, acne-prone skin. It costs $14 from Physician's Formula, but it's $5 if you buy it from Ulta.

on 1/4/2015 3:57:00 PM

This is my HG foundation powder. I have used this for years and I always end up coming back to it. It offers medium-full coverage and it never irritates my skin or clogs pores. I am very fair/porcelain in skin color (nc10) and I always buy translucent light and it matches just great! I use a brush to apply for sheer coverage or a puff to apply for full coverage.

As usual the included brush is useless and I always throw them out. The packaging is rather bulky and it breaks easily if dropped onto hard surfaces.

One compact probably lasts me around 7-9 months of daily use so it lasts quite a while!

Pros
-medium to full coverage
-evens skin tone
-doesnt cause acne/clog pores
-doesnt cake
-no perfumes/fragrance
-lasts

Cons
-bulky packaging
-included brush is useless
-range of shades is lacking

This is an awesome powder to keep on hand!