July 22, 2014 | 2194 users online

Lip Treatments - Burt's Bees - Lifeguard's Choice Weatherproofing Lip Balm

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2013 5:51:00 AM More reviews by marisaew1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

HG. I know a lot of people don't like the white cast, but I love it. Gives a very mod look (fem bot style!). Even under lipstick it "cools" colors making them more suited for my olive tone. I believe it's been discontinued, so sad.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2012 7:58:00 AM More reviews by emmamulligan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

It really delivers! I bit pricey, but not medicinal tasting; actually kind of minty and tingly :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 6:12:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I have chronic dry lips due to a medical condition. I carry several lip balms because I must always have some on my lips. I tend not to go with medicated or tingly balms but this is an exception. I switched caps and now it hangs hangs from my water bottle holder which says how much I like this! It does have a whitish cast but I love that. My lips are fairly dark pink. Though I am yellow toned, I like that this has a cool undertone as the whitish cast skews purplish on me. Don't smear it on but an appropriate mt looks natural, also nice under nude gloss. Its soothing, feels creamy on. So disappointed with another recent BB lip balm, the older forulations from the brand appeal to me so much more and yes will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2011 12:30:00 AM More reviews by amsparkles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I LOVE this product, and I've been using it for years. I actually buy it in bulk on amazon, because it seems to be disappearing from stores =(
I can understand how most people are turned off because of the white-ish color that it leaves on your lips, but surprisingly, thats one of the reasons I use it. I have a routine that I've used for years, and that is putting this on my lips (lightly! If you smear it all over your lips, it WILL make your lips a crazy stark white!!). Then I put my usual lipgloss on top. The combo of the 2 leaves my lips with a nice tint (it appears like a light pink for me), feels GREAT on my lips, keeps my lipgloss in place for an incredibly long time, and my lips are NEVER ever chapped because of this! So for me, this product is one of my favorites. You just have to use it right, and give it a chance!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 5:16:00 AM More reviews by leGingbot

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Whenever I go out into the sun or water for prolonged periods of time, I slather this all over my lips. I have a tendency to get cold sores when my lips are exposed to too much sun or when I'm extremely stressed out. And while I can't prevent stress, I can at least protect myself from sun exposure. And while it's not the most attractive thing out there (it does whiten your lips up), the protection it gives is second to NONE. Seriously.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/26/2011 2:07:00 AM More reviews by Peaches4me

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Hillarious! I accidentally bought this as my lips were burning after getting some serious wind burn in winter. I purchased it at cracker barrell, I had no idea when I applied it that my lips were WHITE! My husband said, "What the heck is on your mouth?", I was like what are you talking about? I looked in the mirror and laughed so hard. May be a good product but I won't be wearing it-lol. I still love burts bees though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2011 2:17:00 PM More reviews by mischa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I accidentally reached for this instead of their Replenishing Lip Balm before applying lipstick and yes, like other reviewers have pointed out, it does turn your lips white. But I find that you can blend the whiteness out with a lip brush. It also makes a great lip primer, especially if there's a lipstick in your collection that you find a little bit too garish and want to tone it down a bit. It's waxy enough to hold onto lipstick, but moisturizing enough at the same time. I actually enjoy the mintiness.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2010 5:23:00 AM More reviews by soniawoniapart2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

For those of you who don't like the white cast it leaves, try this over a red l/s. It turns red l/s into a fab bright fuschia/hot pink. Depending on how much you apply. Thank me later. :P

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2010 5:17:00 PM More reviews by vnyan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is thick and therefore great for protecting your lips on harsh winter days. It's like a glove for the lips, and my lips feel warmer and safer from the wind and cold than when I'm wearing a lighter lip balm. Yes, it will give your lips a whitish-purple cast, but I think it's worth it so you don't have dry lips once you get indoors.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/20/2010 1:34:00 AM More reviews by Neongrave

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this product!
The white looks like a really nice pale pink on me and it really does moisturize well.

The only problem is if you put it over chapped lips before any other lipbalm the white clumps on the chapped skin. I normally put the replenishing burt's bees balm with pomegranate on first.

I wish I knew where to buy this one in Australia! I haven't seen it anywhere and I got mine on the internet.