August 2, 2014 | 1562 users online

Eyeliner - New York Color - Liquid Eyeliner in Deep Plum

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 11:12:00 PM More reviews by soapykitty

This eyeliner is great! The color looks gorgeous and it lasts for a very long time (lasted for hours outdoors in 90 degree weather!) It does flake a little bit at the corners of your eyes but it's not very noticeable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 11:59:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love NYC liquid liners more than any other liquid liner HE or otherwise. Why? The brush applies the thinnest of lines that is eminently buildable. I also love the color pay off and rarely have had to retrace my originally applied line. Finally, this wears all day or night and removes gently with warm water. I know this is very inexpensive, but that is no reason to believe this is inferior. I am a huge fan of deep colored liquid eye liner and have worn many from Urban Decay, MAC, YSL to name a few. Most have caused me to experience significant eye allergies, been absurdly expensive or had inferior staying power. Not this one. I also have this in basic black, dark brown and have never been disappointed. All who I recommended this to have been delighted and repurchase. I noticed that most negative reviews for this are from the 19-24 y/o demographic. Don't know why but know that with age comes m/u experience and that is what I have in abundance. If you have blue eyes don't hesitate to try this, your eyes will look stunning and framed by the lovliest aubergine. Memo to NYC: Please don't d/c or change this, you have a great product.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2007 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Nekura

I have a fair complexion and this eyeliner applies to the color it is on the bottle which is a unique and beautiful metallic purple brown. I'm not a fan of neutral looks however I like using this liner for such looks to jazz it up a bit.

$1.99 isn't a bad price for a liner to experiment and in my experience despite the prices I've paid, I've gotten worse liquid liners for much more of the price. This color doesn't flake like the other NYC liners and the shade is unique. I'd repurchase again because it's nothing close to being a "flat color on me". Staying power is good for a few hours, then it fades instead of flakes.

These liners aren't waterproof so best not to wear it on a hot sweaty day, or a day proned to water/rain.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/9/2007 10:12:00 PM More reviews by SweetNSpicyGal

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Well, these eyeliners impress me, especially for $1.99! I've been wanting to try colored eyeliner for awhile, and thought this Deep Plum shade would be a great way. The shade certainly isn't as vivid as the bottle depicts, and ends up looking like a dark, matte, browish-plum. Not too vivid. I love the brush that these use. Thin and sturdy; perfect for making a thin, natrural streak. Overall, the quality of it is great, and I'm sure others will like it, I just don't think I'm ready to stray from my Jet Black yet. I can't stand that colored eyeliner doesn't make your lashline look thicker, like Jet Black does (when paired with a blackest black mascara.)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2006 10:57:00 PM More reviews by mljohnson123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Deep Plum is a very nice liquid liner that wears well too. More of a dark wine color. ON me, a DDD-AAB(NW45 or Iman Clay 6), it shows up a bit darker that the color in the tube. It has the best brush. Makes it very easy to draw a thin or thick line. UPDATE: 8/19/07 Fell in love with HIP 'Eggplant' gel e/l and my Japonesque angled brow brush. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2006 3:06:00 PM More reviews by scraps

I was running late for work and ran into my local stop and shop for eyeliner b/c i forgot to put it on before i left the house. I just wanted something cheapy. I saw this for a buck ninety-nine and figured what the heck. Well, I dashed out to my car, after stopping, of course, to order my extra large, double espresso, extra shot of sugar and skim milk, hold the whipped cream latte!!! and proceeded to put it on in the car. Well, I was pleasantly surprised. i almost always have no luch when attempting liquid eyeliner, but, this was great. The applicator was cheap but I put this on at about 8 am and it is now 3 pm and it still looks good. This after putting on top of my cream eyeshadow!! I really like it and may even finish using this one up. I really had no expectations what so ever to be sitting her writing about my cheappy eyeliner from stop and shop, but, oh well..here it is....I would repurchase this color!! I have brown eyes and the deep plum color really makes them pop.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2005 4:22:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

Another item I grabbed from the new for 2005 NYC display. The color of the tube pulled me in. I thought hmmm and eyeliner this shade would be pretty cool.

Unfortuantly the shade inside the tube lacks some of the luster that the tube itself has. It is a very deep blackened plum. There is a touch of shimmer to it, but not much. It's pretty flat.

I've used a NYC Liquid Liner before in the past and found it to be decent. This is much the same. The color takes some layering, it isn't rich on the first line drawn. The formula isn't amazingly long lasting. If you use to much, it can flake.

That said, I don't use eyeliner much. When I do, I don't leave it on for very long. I'll wear it when I got out or something and that's that. So this will work for me. I like the brush, the color is nice enough although, still a bit flat. I have better luck with liquid liners than pencils are shadow used wet to line, which is wierd since liquid is usually the hardest to master. I'll probably keep this around. And it was only under 2 bucks. Don't waste the 2 bucks tho if you are the queen of eyeliner, it won't do anything for yah ;)

Update: Did not keep around. Trashed. I think. Color is much too flat and formula flaked off constantly not long after application. continued >>