August 27, 2014 | 1771 users online

Polishes - Rimmel - Lasting Finish in Celebrity Bash

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2011 2:34:00 PM More reviews by thevnilly

I've recently fallen in love with this color again & it's my current favorite. I've had this for awhile, but I'm one that usually has difficulty with applying dark colors so I've been avoiding it. I've been in a dark polish mood lately, so I decided to try Celebrity Bash again. I've found if I really take my time and concentrate I get a great application. Yes, it can be streaky and uneven with the first coat. But, you just really have to improve upon your application skills and you'll be pleased with the results. I've also found that it looks better on me (as all dark polishes do) when my nails are shorter.
I can't stop staring at my nails in the light. It's such a beautiful deep, blood red color!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2011 9:59:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I just painted my nails with this a little while ago (I had a bottle that I had bought a while back but hadn't opened yet) and I can't say I'm particularly impressed. It's a very uneven and blotchy formula for a red. Even after 3 coats, it still isn't evened out (with most reds, I need 1 to 2 coats max). It's a very pretty deep, blood red colour (reminds me of my old discontinued favourite, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Brick Wall) but I'm sure I could find a similar colour in another formula. I think this polish may too be discontinued now anyways. Oh, and also, the worst part... When I was half way through my second coat with this polish, the wand detached from the cap! I ended up having to hold the wand by the tiny plastic nodule on the end and finish painting my nails that way. Not ideal at all! So, 2/5 for the pretty colour and because it does still look fairly presentable despite the blotchiness since it's a dark colour (I have had worse formulas), but would definitely not buy again even if I could. I can't comment on the wear yet since I've just recently applied it. I will update if my opinion changes in either direction when I find out how it wears.
Update 07/10/11: This began chipping around the edges on me the morning after I applied it, even with my most trusty base and top coats. I am all-around not impressed with this nail polish. Bumping this down to 1/5.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 5:44:00 PM More reviews by felissajohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

LOVE!!! This is a gorgeous, deep blood red color. It's absolutely perfect. It's thick and lovely. I usually wear it on my toes and it looks so pretty against my brown skin. I really like Rimmel polishes, I have no complaints. Their colors are pretty and it's really good quality.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2010 10:44:00 PM More reviews by ggordil

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this color. It is hard for me to find reds that are warm enough for me to wear so I am very glad I found this. I think it looks really dramatic on my fingernails and very sophisticated on my toes. I find that it wears really well. I normally get at least two weeks of wear on my toes. I do wish the brush was a little better, but it is not enough to get really upset about.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/18/2010 3:12:00 PM More reviews by avantgardelovers

i love deep red shades, my other favorite polish other than this one is Revlon Vixen. Two shades of celebrity bash is kinda a deep cherry red. 3 coats you get a nice blood red. During the fall or even summer when i dont want too bright of a color i do 2 coats of Celebrity Bash and 1 coat of Vixen.
Fun stuff :) I recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Hoebilly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite polishes that I continue to buy regularly. I love the deep, blood red shade, it looks fabulous against my fair skintone, and I always get compliments without fail when I wear this shade. I find my nails chip fairly easily with all polishes and this one is no exception, and I also have to agree with some of the other reviews in saying that it does stain my nails yellow, but I dont mind because my nails never go without polish anyway, so its not noticible. I think this color will continue to be a staple in my polish case, and on my fingers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2009 6:15:00 PM More reviews by MIJA_97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

perfect shade of red! I love this nail polish BUT the only thing you have to put at least 3 shades to get the pefect red...other than that I love it! shiny and fast drying...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2009 6:17:00 PM More reviews by tragicglamour83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been wearing this shade for years- it has become a staple in my nail arsenal. Celebrity Bash is a dark, blood red creme shade with lots of shine. The color looks great on my pale skin, and really adds a polished, slightly dramatic punch to my overall look. I adore it for a pedicure as well! Rimmel Lasting Finish polishes are amazing- under $3, great color selection, and they really do last with minimal chipping/peeling. Slap a nice topcoat over your polish and your'e looking at a full week of nearly flawless color. The only downside to this shade is that it can stain my nails and cuticles, even with a clear basecoat. I always keep this polish around, and will continue to purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 4:25:00 PM More reviews by psubaby

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this polish on a whim at Target. I'm glad I did! It's hard to find a good red nail polish. Many reds that I've tried have been either too orange-y or too candy apple-y. Great polish for winter. Easy application, and so far great staying power. Excellent value for the price; the color looks much more expensive than it actually is. This polish is one of those great little drug store gems. :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/18/2008 5:55:00 PM More reviews by sohysterical

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Beautiful! As with most Rimmel polishes, you do need three coats to get it even (the consistency is a little thin) but that's actually a good thing, as it is super easy to apply and dries really fast. Good staying power, I can usually go 4 days with no chips (with a topcoat. I'm a cashier, so my nails never last long haha). Yet again, Rimmel nail polish does not disappoint.