October 1, 2014 | 1181 users online

Loose Powders - Alison Raffaele - Transparent Finish To Go

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2006 2:42:00 PM More reviews by pr0cessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I second the comments of the previous reviewer. It's great that you could refill this with any powder, like BE or Jane Iredale, and make it portable. Yes, it's expensive, but the brush is to die for, so soft and smooth and it gives perfectly even coverage, unlike the Neutrogena mineral sheers, which have similar packaging, but the Neutrgoena version wastes product, because when you shake or brush it, powder goes flying everyhwere making even appilcation difficult. It's a nice finishing powder because it totally eliminates shine, great for touch-ups over foundation, or even all by itself. Good product for sensitive skin. would work with any skintonee since it's translucent. Love it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/28/2005 9:52:00 PM More reviews by nakobear

I've been looking for a good loose powder that's portable with a brush and I saw this at Sephora so I decided to give it a try. I like the packaging a lot. I know that there are other companies that have powders in a brush but all of the other companies that I've looked at had a shimmery powder in it and I wanted a transparent and matte powder to use to touch up during the day. Having the powder in the brush makes it so much for convenient and less messy. It's not too big or bulky so I always keep this in my purse. I do think that it's a bit on the expensive side though, but I figure I can refill it with a different powder so the price I paid was for the brush. The powder itself is fine, but I think I prefer my MAC Pro Invisible Set Powder over the Transparent Finish that came with this, so I will not be repurchasing the powder on its own. Overall, I'm satisfied with the product.