November 21, 2014 | 902 users online

Foundations - La Mer - the SPF Fluid Tint

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by llx61489

Nice texture, makes my skin dewy. Definitely need concealer though since this is very light coverage. I wouldn't recommend for super oily skin-- dry skin would probably benefit more from this. Price is high for the product you get

rated 3 of 5 on 9/6/2012 8:04:00 PM More reviews by cjsmommasan

Gosh, this is a heartbreaker. I am the queen of the tinted moisturizer. I have tried them all. Breakdown:

Pros:
Nice color match
Gives me an even skin tone
Coverage is barely moderate

Cons:
The smell
The consistency, wish it was just a little less watery
The price

For the cost and all they hype about LaMer, I feel like this is just not a HG for me. I am going to use up what I have and keep searching!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2012 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Rachel1234

This is just okay for me. It left my oily-zone a tad too "dewy" for my liking ... Not greasy, just dewy ... But I don't like dewy on me. I have enough trouble trying to keep my oily skin matte, that I don't need anything else adding shine or dewy-ness. You know? Anyway, the coverage is very sheer, too sheer for my liking also. So although I could see how Normal or Dry skin types might absolutely love this, it's really not for me, so I wouldn't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 2:06:00 AM More reviews by halve_moon

This tinted moisturizer is one of the best that I have used. Before I have tried Laura Mercier and Bobbi Brown but I think La Mer's tinted moisturizer gives the most natural and even toned skin look and it's not oily on my combination skin. It does not break me out either. I'm already on my 2nd tube and I have used it every day for the last year. I think this is my HG tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2011 5:05:00 PM More reviews by moorkitty

Ooops, I put this under the SPF without tint by mistake. Here goes again......One lippie off for the obscene price, but hey, it's La Mer! This is a sunscreen that gives a sheer wash of colour, like your skin but better. I like the fact that it makes me glowy. When I want more coverage, I will apply this on top of a shot of my regular foundation. Love the versatile tube packaging, love the scent. This in no way irritates my skin but actually seems to calm it down and improve my skin condition. I am over 50 and menopausal, and heavy foundations just accentuate the fine lines - this does not! Sometimes less is more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

My favorite daily sunscreen ever, La Mer's Fluid SPF18 (untinted), has been discontinued to my great chagrin so I had to try this instead. While I gave my old favorite 5 stars, I am not happy with this at all for the following reasons:
- Color "light" is sheer but looks unnatural on my light complexion (MAC NW15)
- Product broke me out which the untinted version never did
Verdict: Not suitable as a substitute for the discontinued untinted Fluid SPF18 for me
La Mer, bring back the untinted version, please!
Retail price: $68 for 1.7oz/50 ml. No repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2010 8:52:00 AM More reviews by milouvankammen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I reacted allergic to this product. I wonder if it contains benzoë acid, or benzic gum which appears to be very irritating for lot of people.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2010 10:27:00 AM More reviews by justinecapatel

I know it's not cheap but this stuff goes on like a dream, stays true all day and doesn't upset my super sensitive skin, no breakouts either. I am MAC NW20/25 and I wear medium in summer with a tan and mix with light for wintertime.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 4:00:00 PM More reviews by triniloveyxx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Umm what's up with the limited color selection (3 colors)? I'm in between medium and dark. The dark was way too muddy looking on me so I tried the medium. Other than it being too ashy, it felt nice on my face. It melts in and really evens out skintone. Leaves a bit of a shine but in a glowy way. Oh and I didn't like the packaging, the fluid is really runny and flows out sporadically which makes it messy. Chantecaille has a great TM at almost the same price with a wider color selection, so I advise anyone to try it who couldn't find their color with la mer.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2009 1:56:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

What a fantastic tinted moisturizer -- with an emphasis on "moisturizer." You really don't need to wear any cream or sunscreen underneath because it hydrates and protects so well (it has SPF 18). I recently ran out of my longtime favorite TM by Laura Mercier and decided to give this a shot. The Light shade suits me well (MAC NC25, LM Sand), so I haven't had to mix it with anything. I get a dewy, youthful look with this light-coverage formula; I have mild rosacea and this covers the redness I have and doesn't irritate my skin at all.

Of course, it's far from cheap. But I've fallen in love with how it looks on me so I can see myself rebuying when I run out in a few months.

$65 for a 1.7 oz tube at Saks, Nordstrom, or Neiman Marcus.