July 26, 2014 | 1812 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Rose Velvet

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty shade that I think would be flattering on anyone. I have olive skin tone and dark hair and this is the perfect shade for work that goes with everything, especially warm tones. It is a medium brown with reddish undertones. It isn't dark or light, just in between. I love the formula of these Revlon lipsticks also, so no complaints there. It is similar to the lip butter shade in "pink truffle" which I also love. I highly recommend everyone have this color in their collection.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 1:48:00 PM More reviews by Burgandy1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Just got this after I had bought Pink Velvet and that was too bright and made me look clownish.. Took right back and exchanged for this one and it was last one left on display so must be popular one.. Love it!! Just what i was looking for.... Can wear for work and look polished and professional.....

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Kyanaleigh1

I love Revlon's super lustrous line, and I love this lipstick! Absolutely gorgeous color. On me, this color shows up as a beautiful, deep brownish pink shade. I was searching for a fall lip that was dark but not too vampy, and this is perfect for what I was looking for. I've only worn it a few times and each time I received compliments. It feels great on my lips and lasts a long time (with touch ups occasionally). I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As many have stated, Revlon S/L lipsticks are the best drugstore lipsticks you can buy. They certainly give department store brands a good run for the money. This color looks great on me (NW15), a bit pinker than my true lips color but that makes it more flattering. I spent big bucks on Laura Mercier's MLBB colors and almost bought Bobbi Brown's Moroccan Rose (for $24) and didn't like them nearly as much. This one cost me about $4.25.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2013 6:49:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I don't normally buy lipsticks since I prefer lip balms and lip glosses, but I adore this. It is a wonderful neutral shade of pink and brown (I'm horrible at describing lipstick shades, so bare with me). My lips are pigmented and this takes them to the next level without being harsh or unflattering. It really complements my skin tone. It has good staying power too which is a definite plus. Perfect for the daytime and I don't see this being inappropriate in an office setting. I look forward to trying the pink truffle lip butter next as I noticed some reviewers like that one also.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 10:50:00 PM More reviews by Chloeclover

In all honesty, I've been on a no harsh chemicals binge especially trying to cut certain things out like parabens and aluminum so I wanted to find alternatives to my Maybelline Colorsensational Lipsticks in Totally Toffee... And I have to say I wasn't successful yet. I purchased Sassy Mauve and Rose Velvet. Rose velvet is like a nude brown pink on my lips and appears darker than pictured here. It is very similar to the Revlon Lip butter in Pink Truffle except without the glossy finish. A darker version of what I would want but still pretty and I'd re-purchase if I ever run out or can't find a better MLBB lipstick.

Pros:
Nice pink brown nude
Doesn't settle in creases
Matte finish
Long lasting
Not too drying but still needs lip balm

Cons:
Not true to color (darker than what appears in the tube and online swatches)
Lasts on 3-4 hours

EDIT: I used my Revlon ColorBurst Lipstick in Soft Nude over the Revlon Super Lustrous Rose Velvet and it makes it a lighter color!! More to what I really want :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by NerdyLibrarianGirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

"Rose Velvet" is probably my favourite Super Lustrous lipstick (and I have quite a few). It is very similar to the Colorburst "Rosy Nude". Rosy Nude is more brown. It is practically identical to the "Pink Truffle" Lip Butter, although the lip butter is more sheer. Yes, I have all three, and what I've realized is that I am always drawn to these pinky-brown nudes. They are just so flattering & wearable! With my fair skin, this is my "nude". It's warm, it doesn't wash me out, and it's a my-lips-only-better type of shade.

I really love Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks and have several. By far the best drugstore brand lipstick. I have sensitive skin and some lip products can irritate my lips, but not these. They are completely scent/taste free. They are smooth, creamy, glossy,& long-wearing.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by karenye

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really love this lipstick. The colour is perfect for medium skin tone, it is similar to Rose Nude in the Revlon Colorburst line. The package is classic and the texture are creme. It is perfect for everyday look, have some color but not over done. For sure will re-purchase it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 8:24:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

Am NC25-30, Chinese, this lipstick is just the perfect natural lip color for office and casual days. However, the color is not exactly unique, MAC's Twig comes close and Catrice's Ultimate color 020 (Maroon) is almost spot on. Texture wise it really couldn't be more perfect for me. Creamy enough but still stay on for hours. Will def rebuy.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/12/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

The Revlon Super Lustrous line is my absolute favorite lipstick line. It's a classic, iconic line that has been around for decades, and for good reason. I've tried high end (Dior, Chanel), mid range (MAC, Lancome), all the way down to Wet n' Wild Megashield (which are really good as well) and the SL line blows them out of the water. I especially like the creme shades. The texture is extremely creamy and is very pigmented. The staying power for me is great. The lipstick isn't dry, but it definitely has much less slip than a Lip Butter.

This color is very similar, if not a dead on dupe, to Revlon Colorburst l/s in Rosy Nude. The texture is different, as Rosy Nude is a bit glossier and more sheer. It is also similar to Pink Truffle Lip Butter. Rose Velvet is one of those colors that just "does it" for me. It's a little darker than most of my other lippies so I tend to wear this more during the cooler months but you can wear it any time of the year. It is my perfect neutral lip. It can be blotted to a matte finish without losing much of the color. This is my favorite way to wear this lip at the moment.

The color, on me (NC15/20 red hair, blue eyes) is a rich rose with hints of brown, but not enough to make the color muddy. The brown undertones make this lipstick perfect for me because a lot of pinks can look garish on me. I apply one thick-ish layer, blot, apply second layer, blot. The matte shade you get by applying this way looks similar to the matte lip that Kat Dennings wears on Two Broke Girls (which is Tarte LipSurgence matte lip tint in Envy). Rose Velvet isn't quite as dark as the Tarte one, but for me that makes it more wearable.

Even if you don't get this shade, I recommend at least trying the Super Lustrous line if you haven't already. The quality rivals high end, plus they have a great selection of shades and finishes. 5 lippies!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No