November 27, 2014 | 1019 users online

Lipstick - Revlon - Rose Velvet

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by drawingasquare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Rose Velvet has quickly become a staple for me. I purchased it about four weeks ago after I saw it featured in a YouTube video, and I've been wearing it almost every day since.

Rose Velvet is the first lipstick I've owned from the Super Lustrous line, and after trying it, I'm sorry that I haven't purchased any of these lipsticks sooner! It's the best formula I've found from the drugstore: a little bit creamy without being moisturizing, but not too drying either. My lips are almost always dry enough that I have to exfoliate before applying lipstick anyway, and I haven't noticed this one being any more drying than others I've used. The staying power is quite good. Someone asked me if I was wearing a long-wearing lip product one day, and I said, "I don't think it's supposed to be, but it seems to be on me!" I touch up after meals and periodically throughout the day, but the color seems to stay pretty true, even through my drinking water all day.

Rose Velvet is a gorgeous brown-pink, perfect for the season's 90's-inspired lipstick trend. I hadn't really thought about purchasing a lipstick in this color range until I saw Rose Velvet swatched. I am very, very fair (I habitually buy the lightest warm-toned foundation I can find) and didn't think I could pull off a shade that was so brown, but this has just enough pink and is just the right intensity for me to wear.

I'm sure I'll continue wearing Rose Velvet all through the winter months and adding more Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks to my makeup collection!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/10/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by Scarlet39

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wouldn't at all say that this is a "bad" lipstick, it's just the color isn't right for me at all. I'm very fair, and as some others have commented, ti has a tendency to come up very brown. I think calling it Rose Velvet is a misnomer.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2014 10:10:00 PM More reviews by CosmoFan12

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Excellent. This lipstick is probably,next to Wet n Wild's Megalast, the best in the mass retail stores. Lustrous and moisturizing without being greasy. The Rose Velvet shade is wonderful and pretty much neutral. The trick to getting it to last longer is to prime, apply, blot and apply again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2014 7:03:00 PM More reviews by priyaj

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

This color is amazing for brown-skinned girls. I could easily wear this everyday as it is almost like an MLBB color for me, but just up a notch. It is a pink color with undertones of brown and a little bit of coral. The color is just dark enough to NOT wash out pigmented lips, and light enough to be on the brighter spectrum of lipsticks for girls with darker skin. It looks so natural and does not dry out my lips. It is similar to Revlon's 'Pink Truffle' lip butter, except that color is more pink. I also tried this lipstick with NYX lip gloss in Tea Rose over it and it was just perfection - a look I've been trying to get forever. I would never have bought this color if I hadn't read reviews on it first - it looks really dark when looking at the color in the tube. Thanks, MUA!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2014 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Geekwmakeup

I'm an autumn complexion, so toasted reds look better than bright reds on me. However this is so neutral it will look amazeballs on everyone, and I also have a sneaking suspicion that this is a dupe for nars tonkin, bc it looks like a cinnamon plum, although I can't confirm. (Has more luster, NO shimmer, NArs is more matte.) However for a $20 price diff, my cinnamon plum matte ls craving has been totally satisfied (its in the reds section). This color volumizes lips without looking clownish ylbb HG!! Perfect discovery for fall looks. Thank you revlon. You have amazing lip products, please keep this, Bellini, and bejeweled forever! <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2014 2:30:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I picked up this lipstick at CVS on a whim. I do like it. There is no fragrance and no taste. It has a lot of great reviews here but I wanted to add that on me it pulls very peachy brown. It's a soft color and flattering. However, I have warm olive toned skin. Just a note for those that also have a warm skin tone.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/26/2014 12:47:00 PM More reviews by coldlove

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got this on sale for $5 . I only bought it because i was going out to dinner at a fancy restaurant . As for the time of wear it lasted through drinks , but i had to re apply after eating dinner and desert . Didnt like this im sticking with coral colors they look better on me . i"ll use it up , but wont buy again

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2014 9:32:00 AM More reviews by laurenjill05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is such a pretty shade that I think would be flattering on anyone. I have olive skin tone and dark hair and this is the perfect shade for work that goes with everything, especially warm tones. It is a medium brown with reddish undertones. It isn't dark or light, just in between. I love the formula of these Revlon lipsticks also, so no complaints there. It is similar to the lip butter shade in "pink truffle" which I also love. I highly recommend everyone have this color in their collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2013 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Kyanaleigh1

I love Revlon's super lustrous line, and I love this lipstick! Absolutely gorgeous color. On me, this color shows up as a beautiful, deep brownish pink shade. I was searching for a fall lip that was dark but not too vampy, and this is perfect for what I was looking for. I've only worn it a few times and each time I received compliments. It feels great on my lips and lasts a long time (with touch ups occasionally). I will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/11/2013 3:51:00 PM More reviews by auburngal

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

As many have stated, Revlon S/L lipsticks are the best drugstore lipsticks you can buy. They certainly give department store brands a good run for the money. This color looks great on me (NW15), a bit pinker than my true lips color but that makes it more flattering. I spent big bucks on Laura Mercier's MLBB colors and almost bought Bobbi Brown's Moroccan Rose (for $24) and didn't like them nearly as much. This one cost me about $4.25.