Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick (Creme) - Rose Velvet

4.5

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The texture of this lipstick is just right, not too greasy, but not too dry, and it lasts a reasonable enough amount of time. The color is a pinkish nude color that looks perfect with my fair skin. The brown lipstick trend never really worked on me, and just looked way too strange with my complexion, but this is a really great your-lips-only-better color.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Darn, this color was just not right for me. Against my NW20 skin tone Rose Velvet looked like a very light butterscotch color, it drained all the color from my face. I thought it was going to be like Maybelline Touch Of Spice but it wasn't even close. It looked very light, warm and blah. I'm still going to give this a good rating because as most of us know Revlon lipsticks are fabulous. They have tons of colors to choose from, different finishes, full coverage, comfortable on the lips, they last for at least a few hours with no touch-ups even if you were to eat something they still stay on and they are fragrance free. For under $6 a tube (in Target) it's a bargain. Rose Velvet just didn't look good on me but may on you.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is my first Revlon lipstick purchase, Im not a lipstick girl so I hiave maybe 10 or less.
I must say Im impressed with the quality, all my other lipsticks are high end brands like Chanel, Lancome etc.....I must say that the quality is just as good as a $30 plus lipstick.
The color- a beautiful neutral rose brown. Im very pale and cool toned and so I stay away from orange and warm tones. This look will be a great fall look, I think the color is suitable for most if not all skintones.

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is such a pretty MLBB for WOC. It is a gorgeous mauve that works amazing on olive skin tones. I reach for this so often. The formula of the super lustrous lipsticks is really worth a try.

Revlon Super Lustrous lipstick in Rose Velvet has quickly become a staple for me. I purchased it about four weeks ago after I saw it featured in a YouTube video, and I've been wearing it almost every day since.

Rose Velvet is the first lipstick I've owned from the Super Lustrous line, and after trying it, I'm sorry that I haven't purchased any of these lipsticks sooner! It's the best formula I've found from the drugstore: a little bit creamy without being moisturizing, but not too drying either. My lips are almost always dry enough that I have to exfoliate before applying lipstick anyway, and I haven't noticed this one being any more drying than others I've used. The staying power is quite good. Someone asked me if I was wearing a long-wearing lip product one day, and I said, "I don't think it's supposed to be, but it seems to be on me!" I touch up after meals and periodically throughout the day, but the color seems to stay pretty true, even through my drinking water all day.

Rose Velvet is a gorgeous brown-pink, perfect for the season's 90's-inspired lipstick trend. I hadn't really thought about purchasing a lipstick in this color range until I saw Rose Velvet swatched. I am very, very fair (I habitually buy the lightest warm-toned foundation I can find) and didn't think I could pull off a shade that was so brown, but this has just enough pink and is just the right intensity for me to wear.

I'm sure I'll continue wearing Rose Velvet all through the winter months and adding more Revlon Super Lustrous lipsticks to my makeup collection!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I wouldn't at all say that this is a "bad" lipstick, it's just the color isn't right for me at all. I'm very fair, and as some others have commented, ti has a tendency to come up very brown. I think calling it Rose Velvet is a misnomer.

Excellent. This lipstick is probably,next to Wet n Wild's Megalast, the best in the mass retail stores. Lustrous and moisturizing without being greasy. The Rose Velvet shade is wonderful and pretty much neutral. The trick to getting it to last longer is to prime, apply, blot and apply again.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

This color is amazing for brown-skinned girls. I could easily wear this everyday as it is almost like an MLBB color for me, but just up a notch. It is a pink color with undertones of brown and a little bit of coral. The color is just dark enough to NOT wash out pigmented lips, and light enough to be on the brighter spectrum of lipsticks for girls with darker skin. It looks so natural and does not dry out my lips. It is similar to Revlon's 'Pink Truffle' lip butter, except that color is more pink. I also tried this lipstick with NYX lip gloss in Tea Rose over it and it was just perfection - a look I've been trying to get forever. I would never have bought this color if I hadn't read reviews on it first - it looks really dark when looking at the color in the tube. Thanks, MUA!

Just wanted to add that Rimmel's Moisture Renew lipstick in the color Dusty Rose is very similar to this color, but Revlon's Super Lustrous formula is way better in my opinion (creamier and better pigmentation and staying power).

I'm an autumn complexion, so toasted reds look better than bright reds on me. However this is so neutral it will look amazeballs on everyone, and I also have a sneaking suspicion that this is a dupe for nars tonkin, bc it looks like a cinnamon plum, although I can't confirm. (Has more luster, NO shimmer, NArs is more matte.) However for a $20 price diff, my cinnamon plum matte ls craving has been totally satisfied (its in the reds section). This color volumizes lips without looking clownish ylbb HG!! Perfect discovery for fall looks. Thank you revlon. You have amazing lip products, please keep this, Bellini, and bejeweled forever! <3

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I picked up this lipstick at CVS on a whim. I do like it. There is no fragrance and no taste. It has a lot of great reviews here but I wanted to add that on me it pulls very peachy brown. It's a soft color and flattering. However, I have warm olive toned skin. Just a note for those that also have a warm skin tone.

Recommended for Medium Skin