July 28, 2014 | 2006 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - j'adore

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2014 8:48:00 PM More reviews by ibangal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my signature perfume, i have bought at least 3 bottles of it over the years. I go for the EDP as i like perfume that lasts me the whole day. My friends now tells me that whenever they smell this perfume, they thinks of me. I tried other perfumes but somehow i always go back to this. I saw the reviews here and i see some loves it, some hates it. I guess it really depends on how the perfume smells on you as different person have diff reaction to perfumes

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I like the classiness this scent has. It's very feminine and sophisticated, however definitely not worth the price tag. The scent doesn't last long at all! It quickly starts to fade.

Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

I'm rather disappointed with this fragrance. It doesn't last long on me, even after layering the fragrance. It smells great but that is short-lived. It's odd that I can pay $70 for Euphoria and it lingers until the next day, yet I pay $108.00 for J'Adore and it practically doesn't linger at all.
I will not spend my money on this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by lelerz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dior's J'Adore is my first time branching into "real" perfume. I had always used VS Body Sprays previously because in the past, most perfumes (basically cheapo alcoholy ones) often induced headaches. I had bought J'Adore as an Xmas gift for my Mom, but she proclaimed that she only would ever wear RL. I took back the gift and intended to return it, but decided that I would just try it out for myself. Afterall, I did spend a fair amount of time at Ulta spraying different fragrances and chose this as my favorite (lightest smelling).

I initially wasn't sure if I liked or loved the perfume but it has grown on me! The 1st day I wore it, a female coworker remarked how great I smelled. And since then, I have started to love it even more. On my days off from work, I tried some lower brand perfume samplers (from my Birchbox) and the scents could not compare.

When I first used it, I would only do one spray on my wrist and that was good enough. But now, I do 2 sprays on the wrist and 1 on my neck. I love smelling the fruity floralness all throughout the day and do not think it is too overpowering at work.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by InstantRainbow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everyone has a first love, this is mine. I adore this perfume to bits. Ultra glamorous and luxurious, it makes you feel like a star
Do stop by at http://blue-arc-en-ciel.blogspot.in/

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by arer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is my third bottle, all given as presents, i like it s lot, it is floral and fruity at the same time, like some times i find it sweet on me and other times citrus fresh. I can pull it off any time of year so it is a good one for me, my favorite perfume of all times and has been for many years is Gucci Guilty for comparisment witch is very sweet but this is in the 2nd place.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

J'adore and I were not happy campers in the same tent. A strong tuberose opening gave way to many, many florals invading my space to a (cough, cough) urine odor that at that point intermingled with buttered popcorn. I have not figured out what it is yet, but there are some perfumes that if tuberose is an ingredient, I will smell buttered popcorn. It has that effect with my skin's chemistry, and it's actually quite nice (the buttered popcorn effect). It turns to a delightful melted butter over fresh popcorn, the kind you'd get at movie houses, or the kind you make at home, either way, it's fresh and aromatic. I've heard that J'adore is complicated and changes on a person. It did for me. Over several hours time it evolves from a mind-blowing tuberose down to an unpleasant urine odor that I cannot stomach and just will not go away. J'adore and I parted ways.
Top Notes: Magnolia, Melon, Peach, Pear, Bergamot, Mandarin Orange.
Middle Notes: Tuberose, Plum, Violet, Orchid, Freesia, Jasmine, Lily-Of-The-Valley, Rose.
Base Notes: Musk, Vanilla, Cedar. Blackberry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the sweetness of J'Adore. It's a classic fragrance that works well most of the year.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my all time favourite perfume. I first received a bottle as a Christmas gift when I was 20, ten years ago. It's a beautiful warming scent, quite old fashioned, but definitely not "old lady". It's elegant, sophisticated and deeply beautiful, warm & comforting. This a scent for ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this fragrance, but you must use it sparingly.

I was told men love this fragrance, and I can see that. I have read the current J'Adore is not the same as the original, and I've read the original was an extremely excellent perfume.

It has magnolia like another perfume I like, Versace Bright Crystal, so I think men must like magnolia. Or maybe it's the freesia and jasmine.

It's not for young girls. It's almost, but not quite, an old lady smell, so you have to be careful how much you use.

Very frutiy and floral. notes of bergamot, mandarin, champaca flower, ivy leaves, jasmine sambac, Turkish rose, violet, orchid, blackberry musk, wood, plum.

from fragrantica: slightly sharp floral with fresh mandarin in the top; jasmine, plum, orchid and rose in the heart; and amaranth, musk and blackberry in the trail