April 17, 2014 | 1041 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - j'adore

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2014 6:33:00 PM More reviews by MissLerina

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Well, I like the classiness this scent has. It's very feminine and sophisticated, however definitely not worth the price tag. The scent doesn't last long at all! It quickly starts to fade.

Will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:54:00 PM More reviews by McSwimmer

I'm rather disappointed with this fragrance. It doesn't last long on me, even after layering the fragrance. It smells great but that is short-lived. It's odd that I can pay $70 for Euphoria and it lingers until the next day, yet I pay $108.00 for J'Adore and it practically doesn't linger at all.
I will not spend my money on this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 10:00:00 AM More reviews by lelerz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Dior's J'Adore is my first time branching into "real" perfume. I had always used VS Body Sprays previously because in the past, most perfumes (basically cheapo alcoholy ones) often induced headaches. I had bought J'Adore as an Xmas gift for my Mom, but she proclaimed that she only would ever wear RL. I took back the gift and intended to return it, but decided that I would just try it out for myself. Afterall, I did spend a fair amount of time at Ulta spraying different fragrances and chose this as my favorite (lightest smelling).

I initially wasn't sure if I liked or loved the perfume but it has grown on me! The 1st day I wore it, a female coworker remarked how great I smelled. And since then, I have started to love it even more. On my days off from work, I tried some lower brand perfume samplers (from my Birchbox) and the scents could not compare.

When I first used it, I would only do one spray on my wrist and that was good enough. But now, I do 2 sprays on the wrist and 1 on my neck. I love smelling the fruity floralness all throughout the day and do not think it is too overpowering at work.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 11:01:00 AM More reviews by InstantRainbow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Everyone has a first love, this is mine. I adore this perfume to bits. Ultra glamorous and luxurious, it makes you feel like a star
Do stop by at http://blue-arc-en-ciel.blogspot.in/

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 4:45:00 PM More reviews by arer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is my third bottle, all given as presents, i like it s lot, it is floral and fruity at the same time, like some times i find it sweet on me and other times citrus fresh. I can pull it off any time of year so it is a good one for me, my favorite perfume of all times and has been for many years is Gucci Guilty for comparisment witch is very sweet but this is in the 2nd place.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 12:36:00 PM More reviews by SorceressOfTheDark

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

J'adore and I were not happy campers in the same tent. A strong tuberose opening gave way to many, many florals invading my space to a (cough, cough) urine odor that at that point intermingled with buttered popcorn. I have not figured out what it is yet, but there are some perfumes that if tuberose is an ingredient, I will smell buttered popcorn. It has that effect with my skin's chemistry, and it's actually quite nice (the buttered popcorn effect). It turns to a delightful melted butter over fresh popcorn, the kind you'd get at movie houses, or the kind you make at home, either way, it's fresh and aromatic. I've heard that J'adore is complicated and changes on a person. It did for me. Over several hours time it evolves from a mind-blowing tuberose down to an unpleasant urine odor that I cannot stomach and just will not go away. J'adore and I parted ways.
Top Notes: Magnolia, Melon, Peach, Pear, Bergamot, Mandarin Orange.
Middle Notes: Tuberose, Plum, Violet, Orchid, Freesia, Jasmine, Lily-Of-The-Valley, Rose.
Base Notes: Musk, Vanilla, Cedar. Blackberry.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2013 8:59:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I like the sweetness of J'Adore. It's a classic fragrance that works well most of the year.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2013 7:29:00 AM More reviews by xdimpsx

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is my all time favourite perfume. I first received a bottle as a Christmas gift when I was 20, ten years ago. It's a beautiful warming scent, quite old fashioned, but definitely not "old lady". It's elegant, sophisticated and deeply beautiful, warm & comforting. This a scent for ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this fragrance, but you must use it sparingly.

I was told men love this fragrance, and I can see that. I have read the current J'Adore is not the same as the original, and I've read the original was an extremely excellent perfume.

It has magnolia like another perfume I like, Versace Bright Crystal, so I think men must like magnolia. Or maybe it's the freesia and jasmine.

It's not for young girls. It's almost, but not quite, an old lady smell, so you have to be careful how much you use.

Very frutiy and floral. notes of bergamot, mandarin, champaca flower, ivy leaves, jasmine sambac, Turkish rose, violet, orchid, blackberry musk, wood, plum.

from fragrantica: slightly sharp floral with fresh mandarin in the top; jasmine, plum, orchid and rose in the heart; and amaranth, musk and blackberry in the trail

rated 5 of 5 on 10/21/2013 12:11:00 AM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've had this perfume for months and finally feel ready to give it a review. Please note that I am reviewing the Eau de Parfum version of Jadore.

I'm sure all of the other fragrance snobs (like myself) would agree with the fact that wearing fragrances that match you well have to do more with your body's/skin's natural chemistry (how much you sweat,body heat, etc).

Before even purchasing, I literally read almost every review on here and many on fragrantica's website as well. Bad idea!! Because some people LOVED it and some people were repulsed, I had no clue if a blind buy would be a good idea or not. Long story short, I tried it on in store but purchased through EBAY. oh my goodness, please PLEASE if you purchase perfumes online, make sure the sources are reputable. and if the price is too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true as well. I learned this the hard way haha.

I would consider myself a mature 20 year old, so I was okay with this "older smelling" perfume. Note that I didn't say old lady because only the sexy grandmas could pull off this scent. Just because I said it's mature doesn't mean it's for a certain age group. just know this isn't a fruity smell nor a gourmand candy either. It's a sexy, confident smell.Also great for special occasions, but I also find it okay enough to wear to school (college).

I agree with it being a COLD weather scent. Somehow excess heat makes this overbearingly strong. I'm in my bedroom right now and it's 68 degrees inside (don't ask, lol) and I can smell the perfume from the NOZZLE of the perfume yet the bottle is 3 feet away from me. That alone can give you a peek of the lasting power and silage :)

I personally love the fact that the smell lasts long. I haven't found too many fragrances that my bf likes but this one has officially been added.

Other fragrances I enjoy are Jessica Simpson-Fancy Love, Katy Perry-Purr,Victoria Secret-Noir Tease,Paul Sebastion-Design. they all have that common factor of being that comfy warm sexy scent.