September 30, 2014 | 1573 users online

Skincare - Body - C.O. Bigelow - Chapped Hands Cleanser

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2011 12:10:00 AM More reviews by LLBsb4ever

This is a fantastic product. I got mine on sale for half price at B&BW's semi-annual sale. With that said, I will gladly pay double or triple that price for this product. I do wish it was in a tube instead of a tub, but my boyfriend will not use it - and I wash my hands with antibacterial soap before I cleanse them with this product. I do a lot of dishes, because we do not have a dishwasher, and even despite that, during the frigid winter here in the midwest, my hands have remained soft since I got this product about a week or so. I will be going back to stock up since they obviously will not be carrying this anymore. If you rinse with warm water and actually dry your hands off (as you should when you wash your hands anyway) there will likely be no film or residue left over. I follow it up with hand cream after each use.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/21/2010 9:57:00 AM More reviews by bdurkey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I do not understand all the great reviews this product has gotten. It's like trying to wash my hands with Vasoline. My hands feel dirtier than before I used this product and in order to rinse it off I have to use very hot water. This dries my hands out so much it defeats the purpose of the product. No matter how much I rinse I always have some that stays between my fingers.

I also don't like the idea of soap in a tub, I'm going to put my filty fingers into the same tub where I just put my filthy fingers? Soap in a pump makes more sense to me, and works much better than this. I'm glad I got this as a gift with purchase and didn't waste my money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by bloom290

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Other

This has been a great find for my very dry hands. I am the type to wash my hands superfluously and as a result, they have taken quite a beating. They are consistently dry, red and uncomfortable, despite my best efforts. This product has thankfully resolved the problem while allowing me to cleanse as frequently as I like. I have not detected any scent to the product and it has never irritated raw or damaged skin. I do wish it came in a more sanitary dispenser, perhaps a pump or a tube.

* It is best to apply this to dry hands, cleansing thoroughly and only using water when it is appropriate to rinse the hands. Be sure to use very warm water, as cool water does very little to dissolve the formula. Sufficiently warm water will prevent the substantial residue that has been mentioned here, leaving only soft hands in its wake.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2008 5:10:00 AM More reviews by Niki4507

We bought this for my grandpa who has ridiculously try, flaky hands that crack all the time. I don't mean minor cracks, but extremely deep cracks that bleed. It was on sale two-for-one, so we figured it was a good deal, and bath and body works is fantastic about taking products back for store credit or cash even if they're opened when they don't work for you.

His hands were immediately softer after one use. After a week or so, he was able to use this at night and in the morning with normal handsoaps in between. His hands are still very soft. We used to have creams and lotions everywhere before this product, but now he raraely asks for hand cream.

I would buy it again. It takes care of the dry, peeling skin around my nails when I remember to use it. I don't like the fact that it's in a jar, and i would love if they could put it in a tube.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2008 7:09:00 AM More reviews by smitten8

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

i bought this in hongkong and cant wait to try the balm-type cleanser! i tried applying this on dry hands last night and rinse with tap water..it does leave a greasy film on my hands but i dont mind that, it was ABSOLUTELY moisturizing! i love this stuff. i'm keeping this to use on my spa days and special occasions :D

rated 4 of 5 on 1/8/2008 5:56:00 PM More reviews by BluebugJ

My mom and I were sort of talked into buying this because they were out of the salve we usually get, and I must say the saleslady was right its great. Its definitely moisurizing and doesn't smell too bad either. I constantly have a problem with moisturizers because if a have a moisturizer on my hands it makes it increadibly hard to do anything, and yes this does leave a film on your hands, but personally i feel that the film left buy this product is far less greasy then anything else I have tried. So I will definitely buy this again.

-Jen

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2007 6:13:00 PM More reviews by aquariusmoon

I love, love, love this stuff. I came upon it by "accident" while in a b&bw store. I had that stinky tuberose smell all over my hands, so I went to wash them. This stuff was out as a tester, and I fell in deeply and irrevocably in love. I recommend it to all my friends. One of my friends has even gotten her husband to use the stuff, and he loves it too!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2007 2:07:00 PM More reviews by wave

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The packageing is a hassle, but the moisturizeing benefits are worth it. I've been using this product all winter. I keep a jar at work and my coworkers love it too. At first I thought it was moisturizeing better than it was cleaning, but I was proven wrong when my boyfriend's permanently dirt stained hands came clean. We were both amazed.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/25/2007 8:36:00 PM More reviews by avery937

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It does leave your hands moisturized. The tub packaging is fine, because you scoop some out before you even turn the water on-you use it on dry hands. I do feel it doesn't really clean your hands well-so at those times, i simply wash my hands with my regular moisturizing soap, then dry and use this as a follow-up. Done!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2006 9:50:00 PM More reviews by hamachi

Very nice! The store associate told me it would leave a slight film on my hands, but that it would dry nicely--well, it did and now I absolutely love this stuff =) Definitely be a staple in my kitchen!