August 22, 2014 | 1040 users online

Treatments (Face) - Philosophy - The Microdelivery Peel Pads

rated 2 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:52:00 PM More reviews by prettyhauteone

I tried this product after a recommendation from an Ulta consultant. After using the entire jar, I did not see or feel a significant change in my skin that would warrant another purchase of this product for the price. I cut the pads in half so the jar lasted me for twice as long; nonetheless, I didn't get the results I was hoping for... My skin didn't feel exfoliated nor do I believe it helped my other products penetrate my skin any better. It pretty much feels like swiping a water soaked pad over the face, which leaves a slightly sticky feeling to the skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/7/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by NJulia

I like these peel pads. I use them twice a week on my face and neck. I have acne on my cheeks and in times of weakness I pop them when they are really bad. When I use these pads, my face tingles and feels a little sticky for a while after but it goes away. When I wake up the next morning the little scab from popping a pimple is gone and the redness is visibly reduced. I also noticed that my skin over the last few months of using these consistently twice a week has been much smoother. I use a lot of other products on a schedule so I'm not sure if these pads alone would be doing this to my skin or if it's because of a combination of the other treatments I use. But, I still like this stuff. One thing I have noticed is that I am little more sensitive to sunburn than when I wasn't using the pads. Instead of SPF 70, now I have to use SPF 100+ when I go on vacation. Not a bad thing to me though as I use SPF everyday, gotta fight those wrinkles before you get them amiright?

rated 1 of 5 on 5/31/2012 6:32:00 PM More reviews by suukyi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just threw away the jar I've left from many months ago, mostly unused. Some skincare products are expensive but have absolutely no effects.
This actually has negative ones!!!

1. It caused tons of acne. I used to get little whiteheads here and there during the time of the month. However, this made me break out in large cysts, ones that only get accentuated by the makeup I wear over it. It also made my skin so dry that the most moisturizing liquid makeup wasn't enough. And, I had to go to school and the office looking like that. After I stopped using the pads, the severe acne is gone.

2. It hurts my skin in general. The pads are superb sticky, and they dry up sticky on my face. I don't even have sensitive skin, but these pads made my face somewhat red and burned a little.

3. It does nothing for cleaning pores. Since I don't have oily skin, I only have a few visible pores and blackheads. BUT, this doesn't even get rid of these. I think my cleanser and toner do a better job at cleaning up pores than this.

Lastly, please don't bother buying this or get a sample before deciding to. I think just looking at how sticky and smelly the product is should suffice to discourage the buyer...

rated 4 of 5 on 4/20/2012 2:32:00 PM More reviews by nudibelle

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After waiting patiently two weeks (using these pads faithfully every day swearing to myself im going to use all 60 before i give up) I woke up one morning to do my regular routine and was amazed. I went to a window to look in natural light and ill be damned. even toned radiant skin in NATURAL LIGHTTT. no illusion of my bathroom light. but it was honestly clear.. its takes awhile, NO it will not sting, NOOOO it wont see immediate results for some but if you stick with it you willl see a huge change. i will always have this in my morning routine

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 6:38:00 AM More reviews by Brimc101

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've read some of the other comments about not seeing a big difference but this product does work but it is a subtle change you will see after time.
The exfoliant is lactic acid which is much milder than glycolic or retinol. Great fr sensitive skin. Been using for about six weeks and I've definitely notice my skin is clearer. Also great and gentel enough for under the eyes.
I also use it on those little red bumps I get on my arms.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 4:03:00 AM More reviews by Rachel211

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

This is not a review of someone who has used this product over a period of time. I received this as a sample at Sephora. I had doubts because I'm not a huge fan of the Philosophy line. But I followed the directions last night and swiped the pad over my clean, just clarisonic-ed face. I was expecting a tingle...slight burn...nothing. I admit I've had so many peels and used so many different acids on my face that I'm probably desensitized, but I literally felt nothing. It dried quickly on my face. I don't want to say it felt sticky because it definitely wasn't...but my skin felt just a tiny bit...dewy? Not unpleasant. Also, please note, I had a GIGANTIC zit on my chin that felt cystic underneath a huge surface eruption. Usually these take weeks to shrink on me. I also wiped the pad on my elbows as one of my coworkers said it would make them 'very soft.'
I woke up this morning and my zit has shrunk to the size of a lentil. Not even exaggerating a little. I was shocked. Skin texture overall was smooth and makeup went on beautifully after washing. My elbows however, feel no different. I would have to try the pads on a consistent basis to see if it was in fact the pad that performed the miracle...or if I should start praying to an acne god who visited me overnight.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/17/2011 5:41:00 PM More reviews by lilinah

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love these. I have dry aging skin with discolored spots. I really think that including these in my skin care routine helps brighten my face.
I buy the large size, so-called "Multi-Use Pads". They're so handy because one will do my whole face and neck, and even décolletage. I love the smell, it's so clean and refreshing. And i don't mind how they feel, either. They are quite moist, so there's plenty of liquid to cover my face, neck, decolleté, even my lower arms and the back of my hands. On application, the liquid exfoliator is sticky, as others have said, but it dries down in about 5 min. or so, then i apply my moisturizer.
I find them convenient for traveling, since i can clean and exfoliate my face even if i'm not near clean running water. I just pop a few into a tiny zip lock bag.
I have found them gentle enough to use every other day, so a container of 100 lasts 200 days! And I have already repurchased them. These are always in my skin care kit.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/25/2011 9:52:00 AM More reviews by azcohn

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of the worst products I've ever used, and one of the few I threw out way before it was finished (and it's not cheap!). This all happened about a year ago, so I don't exactly remember what I was expecting or hoping it would do, but I remember exactly how it felt - I didn't like the smell, the unsmooth sensation as it was drying, and I especially didn't like how my skin broke out afterward (it was the only new element in my skin care so I'm sure it was the culprit). Out of the 60-pad container, I think I used five of them and then chucked the rest. I should've returned it and gotten my money back but I was too annoyed to take the time and and make the effort. I doubt I'll buy a Philosophy product again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2011 3:32:00 PM More reviews by caligal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, I'm down to using things I had started using and then for some reason stopped...and now I'm in that cycle we go through where we feel productive to "use things up".

UGH. I didn't like these the first time and I like them less now. I have about 100 to go through and it's taking forever :( They leave my skin feeling sticky and I want to use a toner after to take it off.

I'm am fairly happy with my skin. No acne and I'm looking for some glow or reduced pore appearance. These do neither. On the positive side...there is plenty of product. They are soaking wet and one pad does my face, neck and chest. Can't wait for them to be used up. lol

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/9/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

For some reason Philosophy products always sound really alluring to me. I think it's those QVC and HSN infomercials. Their promise of "makeup optional" gets me every time. Anyway, I was crazed with the Sephora F&F sale and threw these in my cart after reading some good reviews on here. I shouldn't have bothered. These pads did absolutely zilch for me - if anything, my face looked dryer and duller after using them. I have another product that I like much better that does the same thing. It also costs 1/3 the amount and takes up 1/5 the space in your medicine cabinet. Earth Science A/B Hydroxy Acid Night Rejuvenator, you can find it online for about $12 with sales & discounts. P.S. One note, if these pads DO work for you, is that they are very well-soaked with the solution. I cut them in half and had plenty to work with. If I had kept this, I would cut them in quarters--it would still be plenty for anyone's face!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No