October 31, 2014 | 1532 users online

Skincare - Face - Avene - Light Hydrating Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by OR1981

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I think it's a very nice light hydrating lotion. Actually, having seen some negative reviews, I did not expect much, so it exceeded my expectations. So far, after just a couple of uses, I quite like it. My skin is soft and not greasy after using it. Would repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/17/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by reverendgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a pretty simple moisturiser. It does all you'd expect a moisturiser to do: hydrate and not clog pores. It doesn't plump, prime, smooth, sooth, rid blemishes or even skin tone but neither does it aggravate skin. I don't use it very often, preferring moisturisers that actually improve the look of your skin, but when I just want to add a bit of hydration, I use this. I can put this on knowing that my skin isn't going be overly oily and my pores aren't going to get clogged, therefore it gets used most often when I'm trying to clear up my skin a little. My ideal moisturiser would have both those properties as well as making my skin appear firmer and more even. Alas, it's difficult to find!
Incidentally, my skin isn't sensitive and I never really have a problem with irritation. A few reviewers have said it irritates their skin so keep that in mind. Also, it's fragranced and, while I love its smell, that might put some people off.
Update: I'm adding an extra star. While the above review still stands, my skin as been playing up lately and I've come to appreciate the certainty I have in knowing this doesn't clog my pores. Sometimes simplicity is exactly what you want in a moisturiser.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by ladymarion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A very good oil free moisturizer, gives me a good level of hydration without turning oily. Not so good during winter if the weather is harsh, but this year it hasn't been too bad so far, so this lotion is sufficient. Spf 20 is a good thing for me as I don't like having to wear a separate spf product. I've used this in summer sun and didn't burn.. so good!
Have purchased twice. The price is around 20-24 euros in italian farmacies, which is reasonable, and the quantity is good, as a little goes a long way. Good stuff!
I would recommend to combination/oil skin ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 12:58:00 PM More reviews by sosochop

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this is as a sample and it is the best moisturizer I have ever used.... the very best. I've been trying for the last year to get the pores on my chin to shrink. This product did it within days. My skin is soft, matte and clear. I wish it weren't so expensive, but I guess it's worth it to have such nice skin again.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/25/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by SL2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Although my skin is oily, during cold weather, or when I am tired or travelling, certain areas of my face (around lips, nasal labial area, cheeks) could do with a little extra 'plumping'. I hoped that this cream would be the answer. It is light, moisturising without being greasy, was good under make-up, but unfortunately within a few days broke me out everywhere I used it, normally areas that I do not break out. It also caused irritation on the sensitive skin on my neck. I much prefer Bioderma Hydrobio Legere.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/16/2010 11:31:00 AM More reviews by elmab

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

It was good initially , very hydrating . Unfortunately it's frangraced and it causes some allertic reaction on my facial skin. Will not buy it again for sure.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2010 6:50:00 AM More reviews by boogle

I am currently experiencing super sensitive skin (also oily/combination and prone to breakouts). I have been trying everything in desperation and was hoping this would be the answer. Bottom line is it has made me worse. I then checked the product ingredients and see that it has fragrance - one of the most likely causes of sensitivity!! Even though it claims to be 'hypoallergenic' fragrance, I'm not sure any fragrance can be described as this??

Very disappointed, and also feel a bit duped since their marketing places them fairly and squarely as dealing with sensitive skin. If you do have skin like mine, beware their other products too. The cleansing gel contains parabens and fragrance and the soothing mask fragrance and propylene glycol - all known as potential irritants.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2009 7:16:00 PM More reviews by digitalnorth13

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I want to say I looooove this product but i only just like it.
It hydrates and somewhat soothes, but I know there are other products out there that do that little bit more.
I am using Avene's diacneal at night and this in the morning and it just doesnt seem to hydrate enough.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/18/2009 1:08:00 PM More reviews by genie_11

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think it is a nice moisturizer. It absorbes well into the skin, it is good as a makeup base; my skin did get shiny after a few hours, but not too bad.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2009 2:23:00 PM More reviews by ldngurl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This face cream has been a god send for me. I have been using it for 3 years. I have oily/sensitive skin and struggled for so long to find something that would not make my skin react or cause me to get spots. Step forward avene. This cream is light and does not feel heavy on the skin, best of all it doesn't cause me to get spots. I highly recommend this cream.