Avene Light Hydrating Cream

3.4

on 2/22/2015 5:25:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

My HG moisturiser! I have combination skin with normal to dry cheeks and oily t-zone. After trying countless moisturisers, Avene Light Hydrating Cream is the only one that works for me. It hydrates my whole face without causing any breakouts. I recommend this moisturiser to anyone with my skin type.

on 12/2/2014 3:13:00 AM

I have combination skin, typical Y zone, dewy, dull dehydrated cheeks but not dry, very sensitive skin and eyes.

Been searching for the right hydrating cream for years. I want one which hydrates, makes my skin look smooth but also firm, don't want a cream to make my skin too soft because I'm trying to prevent anti ageing lol.

Cream appears light, non greasy, however when you apply it, it doesn't absorb quickly into the skin. It leaves a residue on the cheeks, not a sticky one, a thin coat of sort of white and very dry.You cannot put make up over this unless you want to drag the skin and rub hard on.

After many different ways of trying to use this cream, I can only use it on my cheek bones and slightly under the eye. If I use it anywhere else I have break outs, even in places I have never had any before. I can only apply this cream before bedtime so it has hours to absorb into my skin. I wake up with smooth, medium hydrated skin which looks firm. Only been using it a few weeks.

It doesn't cause any irritation to my skin as in sensitive side. Doesn't make my eyes run, itch etc. When I first apply it to my cheek bone area, it sort of tingly or stings. I will finish the tube as for how tiny it is, it's expensive. I won't buy again as I cannot use it all over.

31/12/2014
Started to bring me out in spots on my cheeks now, such a shame, as it really does hydrate my skin on my cheeks, so looks like I am on the hunt again.

on 2/19/2013 1:00:00 AM

I think it's a very nice light hydrating lotion. Actually, having seen some negative reviews, I did not expect much, so it exceeded my expectations. So far, after just a couple of uses, I quite like it. My skin is soft and not greasy after using it. Would repurchase.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This is a pretty simple moisturiser. It does all you'd expect a moisturiser to do: hydrate and not clog pores. It doesn't plump, prime, smooth, sooth, rid blemishes or even skin tone but neither does it aggravate skin. I don't use it very often, preferring moisturisers that actually improve the look of your skin, but when I just want to add a bit of hydration, I use this. I can put this on knowing that my skin isn't going be overly oily and my pores aren't going to get clogged, therefore it gets used most often when I'm trying to clear up my skin a little. My ideal moisturiser would have both those properties as well as making my skin appear firmer and more even. Alas, it's difficult to find!
Incidentally, my skin isn't sensitive and I never really have a problem with irritation. A few reviewers have said it irritates their skin so keep that in mind. Also, it's fragranced and, while I love its smell, that might put some people off.
Update: I'm adding an extra star. While the above review still stands, my skin as been playing up lately and I've come to appreciate the certainty I have in knowing this doesn't clog my pores. Sometimes simplicity is exactly what you want in a moisturiser.

on 1/9/2012 2:39:00 PM

A very good oil free moisturizer, gives me a good level of hydration without turning oily. Not so good during winter if the weather is harsh, but this year it hasn't been too bad so far, so this lotion is sufficient. Spf 20 is a good thing for me as I don't like having to wear a separate spf product. I've used this in summer sun and didn't burn.. so good!
Have purchased twice. The price is around 20-24 euros in italian farmacies, which is reasonable, and the quantity is good, as a little goes a long way. Good stuff!
I would recommend to combination/oil skin ladies.

on 5/4/2011 12:58:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I got this is as a sample and it is the best moisturizer I have ever used.... the very best. I've been trying for the last year to get the pores on my chin to shrink. This product did it within days. My skin is soft, matte and clear. I wish it weren't so expensive, but I guess it's worth it to have such nice skin again.

on 8/25/2010 2:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

Although my skin is oily, during cold weather, or when I am tired or travelling, certain areas of my face (around lips, nasal labial area, cheeks) could do with a little extra 'plumping'. I hoped that this cream would be the answer. It is light, moisturising without being greasy, was good under make-up, but unfortunately within a few days broke me out everywhere I used it, normally areas that I do not break out. It also caused irritation on the sensitive skin on my neck. I much prefer Bioderma Hydrobio Legere.

on 8/16/2010 11:31:00 AM

It was good initially , very hydrating . Unfortunately it's frangraced and it causes some allertic reaction on my facial skin. Will not buy it again for sure.

on 7/1/2010 6:50:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I am currently experiencing super sensitive skin (also oily/combination and prone to breakouts). I have been trying everything in desperation and was hoping this would be the answer. Bottom line is it has made me worse. I then checked the product ingredients and see that it has fragrance - one of the most likely causes of sensitivity!! Even though it claims to be 'hypoallergenic' fragrance, I'm not sure any fragrance can be described as this??

Very disappointed, and also feel a bit duped since their marketing places them fairly and squarely as dealing with sensitive skin. If you do have skin like mine, beware their other products too. The cleansing gel contains parabens and fragrance and the soothing mask fragrance and propylene glycol - all known as potential irritants.

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I want to say I looooove this product but i only just like it.
It hydrates and somewhat soothes, but I know there are other products out there that do that little bit more.
I am using Avene's diacneal at night and this in the morning and it just doesnt seem to hydrate enough.