April 20, 2014 | 1969 users online

Lipstick - Smashbox - Deep Red

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2011 9:37:00 PM More reviews by lareine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is just how you'd imagine from the name, a true deep red lipstick. It looks amazing with my fair pink-based skin and makes my teeth look really white. It's very vampy/glam and not for shrinking violets but if you want your lips to look amazing then go for it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2006 10:50:00 PM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a creamy crimson lipstick sans any weird smell. Beautiful. Doesn't last particularly long, but I got it for $1.99 when my Robinsons-May shut down. Can't beat that with a stick.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2006 4:47:00 PM More reviews by crazykatgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This lipstick has a nice creamy consistency that doesn't dry out, nor does it dry out my lips. The color is, as the name indicates, a deep, bold red. When streaked along my hand, I see a slightly pink base, which makes this a cool toned red.
It's very buildable, so you can get that light stained look if applied with fingers or a brush, medium look, or a very bold look applied straight from the tube. It's one of my favorite lip colors to do with a "clean" French face look, or '40s pin-up look: red lip, soft pink cheek, brows, and a simple mascaraed eye, lined with a little black eyeliner in the lash line and winged out a tad.
I gave this a three for price at $16/tube, a four for the basic black, simple packaging, and an overall five.
Get it while you still can if you're interested. As of this August, Smashbox is revamping the non PhotoFinish lipsticks into PhotoFinish lipsticks, and they may be changing the color selection.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2006 6:44:00 PM More reviews by rebeccameredith

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

This color is very intense - i would describe it as a deep matte warm rose rather than deep red, as it is on the cool side. But very pretty. And great if applied sparingly with a brush or fingers and topped with a gold gloss for me, as my lips tend to run a bit large, and if I apply this straight from the tube, I look like a clown. It is very staining so has great staying power.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/15/2005 10:48:00 AM More reviews by hotNsexy_capricorn

this is a great shade of medium pink...i use this a lot since i do smokey eyes...and i need a softer lip...this matches my lip shade EXACTLY..it has TINY TINY flecks of pink shimmer in it...good producct form medium shaded cool tone girls out there!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2005 12:36:00 AM More reviews by celodie

This is THE BEST red lipstick I have ever found! You know how some reds make you feel trashy or too overdone? Well this is not that type of red. It is a very pigmented lipstick and has a matte look (which I love). I am a MMM/NC35 and this compliments my skin tone very well. I use this and do a very natural eye and trust me...you will get noticed and you will get compliments. Best red I have ever tried. Truly an HG!