December 18, 2014 | 923 users online

Bath Treatments - Kneipp - Herbal Bath

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Vanessamucho

Lavender is so nice!

The smell is so relaxing and puts me in my zen place. It's an easy product to use, with a nice measuring line right in the cap. After a bath with Kneipps, you'll feel relaxed, clean, and calm.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Ulla58214

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have the melissa herbal bath. Smells fresh and invigorating. Creates a great relaxing bath experience. A little goes a long way, one small cap full and the scent last for hours. The bottle has lasted a long time..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 11:24:00 PM More reviews by JaneWhit99

I love these products!!!but this mixes so nicely.

The little baths give you 2-3 baths if you use a little. The smells are amazing I love it! Another nice bonus is that they're not foody or flowery (not most of them, anyway), so my husband enjoys using them as much as I do---his favorites are pine and eucalyptus (both guaranteed to knock your socks off with a *strong* scent).

These are expensive (4-7 dollars each) but hey, SO WORTH IT!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by truffles1

I mis-bought these really, because I expected something more oily and definitely something more natural.
I purchased the little set of 6 20ml bottles of different 'herbal bath treatments', from a website that purports to specialise in 'natural' products.
Well.... these bath liquids contain SOOOO much artificial colourings - FD&C Yellow, Blue etc.. that I was actually gobsmacked by just setting eyes on the bottles! I've never seen a toiletries/body product so deeply and concentratedly coloured in my life, EVER!
I'm telling you, they look very pretty because of the colours but they are basically like bottles of ink or food colouring. If you're after 'low-chemical' products, these are NOT for you.
Also a bit confused by the 'no artificial fragrance' tag on the website but noticably not on the actual product or packaging - 'parfum (fragrance)' is listed on those, with no explanation of what that actually is. (?)
Apparently they have 'approx 30%' natural essential oils - great. All I know is that my hands started itching in the bath (2 little capfuls used in full bath, 1 each of the poppy/hemp one and the stress one) and I could literally HEAR how drying to the skin this stuff is, in the thin layer of foam on the water around me.
The bottles say each one does 1 or 2 baths. What??!! I intend to get maybe 15 out of each of these if I continue using them, due partly to the high concentration of the colours and because of how drying the stuff is.
The smell is strong enough to do that anyway.
Sitting here now, after my bath and applying handcream, the ends of my fingers feel so DRY!
The products actually carry instructions about how hot the water can be and how long you should stay in it. You are advised to 'rinse with warm water to remove residue' - I'm not sure if this means the bath (which 'may be slippery' - really? these aren't oily!) or the body. With all these frankly scary instructions, I made sure to rinse myself off with clean water afterwards!
So - any positives?
They smell strong, and hopefully that's from the essential oils.
They were relatively cheap - just under 9 for the set of 6.
They ARE very pretty to look at - all those lovely deep colours!
The little bottles are good quality glass ones with screw tops and that's why I've said I would buy these again - I intend to use them to make my own natural bath oil mixtures once they're empty - for myself and for presents. I'm not sure if I'll end up using the products they presently contain or if I'll just tip them out and rinse the bottles to make my own.
Incidentally, the 'Lavender' Kneipp bath for instance - it's got approx. 30% lavender oil in it? Well, a 10ml bottle of pure essential lavender oil is cheap - 6 drops in the bath and you'll get the same effect and it's all natural! Substance over marketing.... ;)
It probably costs not much less than what I paid to buy these kinds of glass bottles on their own, so I haven't really lost out monetarily.
I see that Kneipp is highly thought of and lots of good reviews, this is just all my own experience and opinion for what it's worth!
Happy bathing whatever you use! :)

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2012 8:12:00 PM More reviews by Schadenfrau

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Don't flinch at the cost- these are the best bath oils on the market.

I've tried to get away with less expensive bath products, but always come back to Kneipp. The scents are potent, and hyper-real. I especially like Rosemary, and find that while it's touted as being invigorating, works wonderfully at night.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2012 12:47:00 PM More reviews by deliberateangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I used to work at a beauty supply store and employees got a lot of free samples. These were always pure awesomeness. They smell wonderful and are relaxing. They are harder to find these days and kind of expensive. I think these would also make wonderful gifts.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by eve33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Aaahhhh...Dreamy dreamy dreamy!!! I've used Melissa and Orange Linden Blossom for over 10 years when my body gets tight and a 30 minute bath with one of these wonderful aromas is like a massage in a bottle!!! (Well, maybe not quite, but...!) Amazingly effective - turn on the hot water, open the bottle, take several DEEEEEP inhales, pour in a capful, and voila! Lie back and fade away into dreamyland (no sleeping please!). I give my head, face, and neck a massage while deep breathing, and then off to bed for a great night's sleep. I cannot recommend these enough! Aroma is quite potent, but natural and made in Germany. They also have lotions, shower gels, etc. Do yourself a relaxing favor and try it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 9:13:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

My favorite is spruce. It is so rejuvenating and makes my bathroom smell wonderful. I pour a dollop into a hot bath and all my muscle aches seem to fade slowly away and I feel more relaxed. It is a green fluid which colors your bath water the same but it doesn't stain my tub. I do use a lot so a bottle does get used up quickly for me. I tried the tabs but will stick to the bottle versions. Lavender is my second favorite followed by Rosemary.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 12:53:00 AM More reviews by peyto

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

All the bath oils are amazing and highly potent -- A simple capful in the tub will scent the entire room for the ultimate spa fragrance- The bath itself will be healing and wonderful for a variety of conditions, especially if you follow the directions to stay in the water for 20 minutes. I am not a big fan of the bath salts becuase after experiencing the bath oils, nothing seems to compare...in the same line or in any other product line.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by ahockenbrouch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love these. They smell so natural and earthy, like you're actually outdoors. They also make my skin soft. The juniper and eucalyptus are both great for sore muscles. The lavender is amazing. I love them all though and I think you can't go wrong with any of them.